Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Thoughts old ponies still in g4?

ManaMinori

Minty, and Sky wishes, two g3 ponies have popped up in g4 in a blind bag, brushable, and Build A Bear plushies (minty has, anyway). I like past gens, so it's nice to see some old faces- although they are not necessarily my favorites, still kicking around in the g4 era. I wish there were others from g3 (Toola Roola, Star Catcher, Kimono, Puzzlemint) and ones from g2 (friendship gardens), and g1 popping up still, during the g4 era, but alas...

How do you guys feel about old past gen ponies still hanging around during g4?

The mane six were originally supposed to be updated G1 ponies, but Hasbro insisted on using names of main characters from G3 (except for Applejack). Google an image of a G1 pony named Sparkler and you'll see what I mean. Except for the change in art style, G4 Rarity looks like Sparkler right down to the cutie mark.

I think the only reason more older ponies don't show up is because there are simply hundreds of them.

I don't mind it at all. In fact, I think it's nice that they are willing to reference ponies from previous generations as a means of providing nostalgia for those who remember them, and history for those who never knew about them.

• Brohoof 1

Minty, and Sky wishes, two g3 ponies have popped up in g4 in a blind bag, brushable, and Build A Bear plushies (minty has, anyway). I like past gens, so it's nice to see some old faces- although they are not necessarily my favorites, still kicking around in the g4 era. I wish there were others from g3 (Toola Roola, Star Catcher, Kimono, Puzzlemint) and ones from g2 (friendship gardens), and g1 popping up still, during the g4 era, but alas...

How do you guys feel about old past gen ponies still hanging around during g4?

Considering that all the Mane6 are, in one way or another, reuses of old gen ponies. AJ, Dashie, and Pinks are the most obvious examples because they share the name and most of their physical appearance to their past gen selves. Rarity and Fluttershy share a name, but their past gen have different coat and mane colors. Twilight Sparkle has a more different appearance and name to her G1 counterpart, though G1 Twilight's color was used on Twilight Velvet. Not to mention we got many past gens around either subtly, or outright, like Moondancer, Sweetie, Scoots (Apple Bloom is the only cutie who didn't originated in a past gen as far as I'm aware), Night Glider, and Sunset Shimmer (her past gen self was Sunshimmer); so we got plenty of past gen horses in G4. It wouldn't hurt to bring back more like Minty though 

• Brohoof 1

Considering that all the Mane6 are, in one way or another, reuses of old gen ponies. AJ, Dashie, and Pinks are the most obvious examples because they share the name and most of their physical appearance to their past gen selves. Rarity and Fluttershy share a name, but their past gen have different coat and mane colors. Twilight Sparkle has a more different appearance and name to her G1 counterpart, though G1 Twilight's color was used on Twilight Velvet. Not to mention we got many past gens around either subtly, or outright, like Moondancer, Sweetie, Scoots (Apple Bloom is the only cutie who didn't originated in a past gen as far as I'm aware), Night Glider, and Sunset Shimmer (her past gen self was Sunshimmer); so we got plenty of past gen horses in G4. It wouldn't hurt to bring back more like Minty though

as a fan of past gens, I am already aware if all that. However, I was strictly referring to the toyline and how g3 Minty and Sky wishes are their exact selves, just in the g4 era.

as a fan of past gens, I am already aware if all that. However, I was strictly referring to the toyline and how g3 Minty and Sky wishes are their exact selves, just in the g4 era.

That's true, other than the main characters, not many past gen ponies have showed-up :huh: