Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How did you react as you saw equestria girls the first time?

leonbrony17

I answer in memes.

First i was:

post-39706-0-06646700-1482089988_thumb.png

Then i was:post-39706-0-52170200-1482090011_thumb.jpg

Then i was:

post-39706-0-35380400-1482090071.png

Because of equestria girls.

Sorry for you fans but i really don't like it. I don't hate it sooooooo much but it is nothing for me.

But if i'm very honest.

I like the music. The music is really very good.

post-39706-0-17292600-1482090693.gif

How did your react as you saw equestria girls the first time?

Edited by leonbrony17
  • Brohoof 1

When I watched Equestria girls the First time after I finished Season 3 (I was catching up) and I thought eh, Could be better, could be worse but then After I watched Season 4, I watched Equestria Girls: Rainbow Rocks and I was like OMG, This is Amazing!

and then I watched 2 More Equestria Girls movies (The former was after I finished Season 5 and the Latter was after I finished Season 6) and That's pretty much about it.

To be honest, the nervousness that I had waiting for the first movie, was because of how unbelievably and unforgivably bad the fandom was reacting to it. Be thankful if you weren't there to experience that drama.

But even despite that, I was actually kinda looking forward to seeing it.

I saw it online eventually, and I had a nice time watching it.

I found it to be a fun, cute, enjoyable movie, with some good songs, and I wasn't really looking for anything other than that, so I guess I ended up pretty satisfied with it.

Edited by cmarston1

Since the first Equestria Girls movie was my first exposure to generation four of MLP, I was quite surprised at how good it looked in terms of animation. I only saw snippets of it at the time so I was compelled to watch it in its entirety, and that lead me to searching around on YouTube where I watched it a few times before it got removed. From there, I watched the first three seasons so as to catch up before season four started and how events in those early seasons lead up to EQG.

What the buck is this? I'd rather they make it more anime-like. Equestria Girls is still not that good. The first movie is still really bad, the second one was a jumbled mess, and the third one is just an imitation of the second one, imagine that the movie is an imitation of other typical teen girl cartoon shows and it then imitates itself, Jesus Christ. 

I hated the first Equestria Girls film when I originally saw it, and my opinion remains the same. I thought it to be a flat, soulless film that outside of its animation quality and voice acting didn't entertain much. It felt like a poor retelling of the pilot with a recently crowned princess being neutered and humiliated through comedy unnecessarily. The standard pop fare was uninspiring and despite a few good jokes in store, the story was a cut by the numbers redemption story that was predictable from the outset.

In spite of that criticism, because I love the character designs that EG brought to the table and the knowledge of there being a sequel, I was left confident they'd improve, which thankfully they have.

I became a brony in the middle of the drama of Equestria Girls, so I was prepared to dislike the movie. I did, but at the same time I kind of enjoyed it, so I just ignored it and waited to watch season 4. I thought it was just an only one time thing.

What made me react really negatively was when I found out they were making a second one, specially because it was with the Shake Your Tail short (it has grown on me though). The other shorts and sneak peaks were better and got me hyped for the movie, and I loved it.

I have to admit, when I saw it for the first time, I enjoyed what they did with introducing human versions of the Mane Six and several other characters in the first movie, then adding in more in the following movies, like Dean Cadance, Alumnus Shining Armor, and more.

I also loved the music, so that's what got me hooked from watching the very first movie of the Equestria Girls series to watching the latest one and preparing for the specials next year alongside the feature film and Season 7 of Friendship is Magic.

The first time I saw Equestria Girls was in YouTube Poop form. I thought it looked rather lame, but after I watched the Cutie Map (my first episode), I bought the first two movies on DVD. I enjoyed them more than I thought I would.

Good, but not great. It is mostly a vehicle for Hasbro to get into the fashion doll market. I would prefer they focus on the pony market! Also - high school kids? But they are independent adult ponies.... I can accept talking magical ponies and interdimensional travel, but the age issue and Celestia's demotion from Princess to Principal was a bridge too far!

Edited by Spootiepatootie

First: It took a long time before I watched it because I didn't think it was actually part of the same show in any way.

But when I watched it, I basically were most of the time like this. 

Chibi-Poker-Face-Saitama-Wallpaper.jpgAnd then I watched it about 10 times in a kinda short time just because and through reaction videos.

I remember watching the first movie the day it came out.. on youtube. Anyways, I loved the movie, possibly too much. It wore off soon enough.

But then, Rainbow Rocks came out and I freaking adored it!! I still do by the way. I know all of the lyrics and I love to rewatch it when I can.

Friendship Games was a lot of fun and it made me more eager to watch more movies of the.. saga?

... The last one, which I don't even remember the name of, was very forgettable. I felt it was too different from the others and I just didn't enjoy it... Don't remember anything from the movie.

The movie was absolutely trash. Full of clichés and plot holes, rushed animation and clearly made to sell toys. I can't see how anyone can defend it. We could have gotten a really unique and creative movie, but we got the same generic high school kiddy movie.

Rainbow Rocks on the over hand… that movie was surprisingly really great.

Well... My exact reaction was this:

*Sees trailer*

"What has this world come to?"  :wacko:

*Sees movie*

"That was not as bad as I thought..."

"IT WAS WAY WORSE!!!!!!!!"  :-o

*kills self*

*Edit: Please note that I did not actually kill myself.

Edited by Babyyoshi309
  • Brohoof 1