Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

With all the reforming and allies do you think Equestria could be in danger?

cider float

Let's break it down.

-The mane six and their Element of Harmony Friendship Nuke Blast solves all problems.

-They got Discord nuff said in fact I could just stop the list here. That's like having Chuck Norris on your side.

-Luna/Nightmare Moon is no joke

-Celestia is pretty damn powerful

-The Wonderbolts

-They have the Changelings on their side that can disguise as anybody and are many in number. No doubt they might still have access to that magic nullifying rock.

-They have the Yaks as allies

-They got the Buffaloes as allies

-We got a super powerful alicorn named Flurry Heart in the making

-Some progress is being made with the Griffons

-How could I forget the super magic genius Starlight Glimmer as well

If there was an enemy threat. How could they lose?

Edited by cider float

um...idk traitors, flipping by pursaion, new evil leaders... what can you think of?

My point is, this is one of the reasons reforming and all these alliances just makes it harder to make new villains for the ponies or make it unrealistic. Like where was Luna when there was the changeling attack? That sort of question will rise up.

If Lord Tirek were to somehow escape from Tartarus and began absorbing magic again, he would become quite the threat to Equestria since he grows stronger with each portion of magic he gains. He would also be aware of what the Mane Six are capable of and would be better prepared to face them when the time came. Of course, a completely new villain could easily make things difficult especially if they were a villain whose backstory was largely cast in shadows.

• Brohoof 1

The changelings did take over all of Equestria without any significant resistance, I would imagine. Of course, we didn't see what happened that allowed them to do so. One might think the Alicorns would be powerful enough to see an attack coming. If they can be suddenly attacked then Equestria is essentially defenseless. All of their allies seem to not really be a factor. Changelings, after reformation, probably won't either. They're just out there somewhere. Their rulers really should be powerful but from what we've seen, they're not. I've written a topic already that did address Equestria's government being overthrown on more than one occasion which consists of the ruling leaders being captured and/or their military being disabled or made irrelevant. Of course the writers will just flip the table and make strong characters weak and helpless to further advance a plot if need be. Even Discord.

All you need is an anti magic/love/changeling artifact which isn't effective against its wielder. Bam - Everyone is as helpless as a little kitten.

That seems to be what they've been doing too much of.

-Ponies lose all their magic

-Ponies lose their cutie marks

-Ponies personalities are reversed

-Magic nullifying Kryptonite!

How about something more relatable like villains manipulating ponies with mere wordplay and politics what happened to traditional yet more interesting methods?

How about something more relatable like villains manipulating ponies with mere wordplay and politics what happened to traditional yet more interesting methods?

I doubt they can pull this off. Most likely all the alliances will be forgotten when the next villain appears. If only it would be a new one -.-

The changelings did take over all of Equestria without any significant resistance, I would imagine. Of course, we didn't see what happened that allowed them to do so. One might think the Alicorns would be powerful enough to see an attack coming. If they can be suddenly attacked then Equestria is essentially defenseless. All of their allies seem to not really be a factor. Changelings, after reformation, probably won't either. They're just out there somewhere. Their rulers really should be powerful but from what we've seen, they're not. I've written a topic already that did address Equestria's government being overthrown on more than one occasion which consists of the ruling leaders being captured and/or their military being disabled or made irrelevant.

Maybe that would be a future villain's motivation: To 'liberate Equestria from weak and ineffectual rulers'.

Edited by heavens-champion

How could anyone defeat Equestria, you say? 

Very carefully, I say. 

Okay but in all seriousness... yeah, "very carefully" about covers it. Clearly there's things out there that can stop Celestia, Luna, and Discord, and everyone else strikes me as distinctly fallible. And, yeah, the villain could also turn the heroes of Equestria against each other in some way or another, or use some other sort of manipulation. I'd rather the show used big bad villains less often, but I understand that a lot of people strongly disagree with that, so I do think sneaky villains would be fun. 

What they really need is a villain that is consistent for more than two episodes.  The reason nothing's a threat is because they MacGuffin any threat away in a two-parter.  They need a villain that has long term plans, and is cognizant of the power of whatever MacGuffin the mane six are using at the time.  I guess they could have a Psycho Rangers arc with evil versions of the Elements of Harmony and that would probably work pretty well.  But they need to have a way around the power that the mane six is using, to force them to think outside the box in order to overcome the new enemy. 

Seriously Hasbro, give me control of one Season and a month and I could come up with a new villain that's a real threat to Equestria.

Edited by SBaby

With Discord on their side the only threat that could come is some kind of god or force of nature or something and even then Discord would barely break a sweat snapping it away. One reason why Discord just ruins the entire show.