Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How old are the ponies?

LyraHeartstrings

Based on how they act, and their role in society, Id say most are in their 20's, but there are some exception. rarity may be in her late 20's, and dashie may be in her late teens, as she is the most childish of the six. fluttershy is very motherly, and 22 year olds dont quite make the best mothers, so flutters is probably 26 or so... BUT whats really important is spikes anatomical status. Is he a guy or a woman?

(edited)

well seeing as they all live alone, (except for applejack and pinkie, but thats their job) i would say mid twenties, although I have a feeling that Pinkie is the youngest, and since Rarity has already started her own successful business then she is probably the oldest out of the lot.

BUT whats really important is spikes anatomical status. Is he a guy or a woman?

im pretty sure he's a guy who has the voice of a woman Edited by thesteampunkninja

I always thought they were in their early twenties at the earliest. They couldn't be too young because Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash and Twilight Sparkle all own their own homes.

I always thought they were in their early twenties at the earliest. They couldn't be too young because Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash and Twilight Sparkle all own their own homes.

Just to add, I believe Pinkie Pie rents a place, and Rarity lives without her parents and takes care of her little sister.

So I assume the same thing, I also believe Rarity to be the eldest of the six.

Just to add, I believe Pinkie Pie rents a place, and Rarity lives without her parents and takes care of her little sister.

So I assume the same thing, I also believe Rarity to be the eldest of the six.

Rarity looked a little bit smaller than 'Shy in The Cutie Mark Chronicles, I believe she's the eldest by somewhere within a year.

Looking back on my last post, my theories again.

Applejack and Rarity have to be older, and they both seem to have the same level of maturity.

Then comes Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash. They attended Flight Camp at the same time, seeming the same age.

Pinkie is a year younger than Fluttershy, so Rainbow Dash, too.

Twilight seems, to fit anywhere, really, anywhere younger than Applejack. But I just cant see an age.

(edited)

I hear the cider only bubbles when it has alcohol in it. If that's the case, they must all be of the legal drinking age. :huh:

(I'd go with Lauren Faust said.)

Good point, but the cider bubbling is probably a flub.

Edited by Guile
  • Brohoof 1

Pinkie Pie= 16-17

RainbowDash/Fluttershy= 17-18

Rarity/Applejack/Twilight = 18

the question I have is how old is spike? because he was born when Twilight got here cutie more which could have been when she was 6-10 years old so that would mean spike would be 8-12 years old.

• Brohoof 1

Well, Fluttershy is one year older than pinkie. I imagine pinkie being the youngest and rarity being oldest. Maybe pinkie would be 14-15 while Fluttershy is 15-16. Rainbow seems about 15. Twilight seems 16. Apple jack seems... Er... It's kinda hard to guess. I don't really know, but I could be close.

• Brohoof 1

My thoughts on how old the mane six are:

First off, Rarity has to be the oldest, at least twenty years of age.

Second, Fluttershy claims she is a year older than pinkie pie, so I expect it to be 17 and 16 respectively.

third, Rainbow dash should be at a close enough age to Fluttershy to have been her friend in flight camp.So, RDs age should be between 16 and 17.

with applejack, she could be at least 18, considering she works at sweet apple acres and handles the cider they produce.

For Twilight, Im not so sure. I would expect her age to be close enough to Rarity to understand her well and young enough to tolerate Pinkie pie.So I would say about 19 years of age.

(edited)

Here's my super important guesses.

Fluttershy - 23, I dunno, she just seemed older in the Cutie Mark Chronicles flash back.

Rarity - 23, Maybe a few months younger than Fluttershy.

Applejack - 23, Maybe the oldest, considering how responsible she is.

Pinkie Pie - 22, since she's a year younger than Fluttershy.

Twilight - Maybe 21-22, just going off of her voice. Mayhaps she's as old as Fluttershy, Rarity and Applejack? She seems like one of the more mature ponies.

Rainbow Dash - She's really arrogant and not quite mature. I'd say 19 or 20.

Big Macintosh - He looked like a teenager in Cutie Mark Chronicles flash back, when Applejack was probably 7-9, so I'd guess he'd be 16-18 at the time, so I'd say he's about 8-10 years older. I'd say he's 27-30.

Cutie Mark Crusaders - Since they're still in school, in what seems like Kindergarten, I'd say they're all about 7 or 8.

I'd say Spike is around the same age as the CMCs.

Edited by Konata-Chan

• 2 weeks later...

It Was Actually revealed that they are Aimed to be in early 20's So actually yes they are indeed around 20

however i personally think they're more like 15 Or something, they really seem that age to me.

Rarity > Applejack > Fluttershy > Twilight > Pinkie > Rainbow

Rarity's the top because the way she speaks. Applejack's the second because she focuses really hard on her work. Fluttershy looked older than Rainbow Dash in The Cutie Mark Chronicles during the race to me. Twilight's above Pinkie because Pinkie just seems to be extremely happy and fast. Rainbow's at the bottom because she tries too hard to be cool, like in Read It and Weep.

That's right, I said it. RD tries too hard to be cool.

I'd say that the ages range from 17-24. Here's the order I'd say they are, from youngest to oldest:

• Pinkie Pie (17-19)
  • Rainbow Dash (18-19)
  • Twilight Sparkle (19-21)
  • Fluttershy (21-22)
  • Applejack (23)
  • Rarity (24)

I agree, Rarity would be the oldest because she is the most mature and lady like, Then pinkypie or Rainbow dash to be the youngest because they have a sense of immaurity.

(edited)

I think all six are the same age (as in born the same year). Maybe, 23? Spike would be maybe 16-17 IMO. The CMC are 8-10, I think, maybe a bit younger.

ETA - Whoops, forgot about Fluttershy saying she is a year older than Pinkie Pie in "Griffon the Brush Off." Nonetheless, I think all six are somewhere in their early-mid twenties.

Edited by Carolina

Taking into consideration that the CMC are in school, and that Cherilee is their teacher, and also the same age as Rarity, I say between 20 and 25 years old.

I'd say that the ages range from 17-24. Here's the order I'd say they are, from youngest to oldest:

• Pinkie Pie (17-19)
  • Rainbow Dash (18-19)
  • Twilight Sparkle (19-21)
  • Fluttershy (21-22)
  • Applejack (23)
  • Rarity (24)

Good jobs for predictions, I think Rainbow dash does need a year of growing up, well, because she needs to learn some more important lessons. Rarity would probably most likely be younger than Applejack. I really think that Fluttershy wouldn't be that old, but if she was, than that would make Pinkie pie older too, which makes no sense, but Fluttershy is so mature, AHHH, I am having one of those Pinkie Pie quick explaining moments. Twillight seems to be the youngest, but most mature. Here is how I can tell on ages. Remember the episode Cutie Mark Crusaders (S01 Ep 23), it basically covers all the ages of the ponies of the Mane Six. Applejack would be the oldest because she goes off to the big city and is going to soon get a job (enough said) Rarity seems to be second oldest because she is most mature (but I could be wrong). Next would probably be Fluttershy. Fluttershy was in flight school. Rainbow dash seemed like she would finish flight school earlier than Fluttershy, making her probably older than Rainbow Dash. Fluttershy does seem more mature though. Than after Fluttershy would be Pinkie Pie, she looked a bit younger than Fluttershy, and in S01 Ep7, Pinkie Pie told fluttershy "Don't worry Fluttershy, Aunt Pinkie Pie is going to take care of Nasty Old Gilda for you" Fluttershy responded "But I'm a year older than you". So Pinkie Pie is absolutely younger than Fluttershy. Twillight is probably one of the most mature of the group, but is the youngest. Remember, Twillight Sparkle was trying to get into a school and was in Magic Kindergarden. Also, I'm pretty sure the Princess wanted her to meet new friends before she was grown up, so Twilight Sparkle would be the youngest. I am not sure by age. I just know who is older and who is younger.

Sorry for all the spelling and gramatical errors. I needed to type a lot and it turned out to be 1911 characters, total, as I finished writing.

Here is what I think:

Pinkie pie 17-18

twilight sparkle 19-21

Fluttershy 20

applejack and Rainbowdash 22-24

rarity 25

The reason for these ages are:

Pinkie pie seems to be the most childish she also seems to be the only one who still lives with adults (not counting applejack because she seems to do alot of the work at her house) and seems like she is at the just moved out and got a job age so 17-18

Twilight sparkle seems to be at the college age but she is studying abroad so 19-21

Fluttershy seems to be kind of mature but still one of the younger ones so 20 (and I know she said she was a year older than pinkie pie but that could have been approximate)

Rainbowdash alot of people seem to think she is one of the youngest but she seems to be like head or assistant supervisor to all the weather stuff so 22-24

Applejack and big macintosh seem to run the family business and take care of applebloom and granny smith by themselves so 22-24

rarity seems to be the oldest owning a house and a business and running her business alone she is also the most mature so and the same age as cheerilee so 25

Ok I'm not guessing there ages but how there ages are ordered.

Ok so we know that fluttershy is 1 year older then pinkie. Fluttershy says so in one of the episodes, I believe it's the Gilda one.

Now everyone says that Applejack is older then rarity.

NOPE.

Let me explain. Supposodley cheerilee and big Mac are the same age considering the CMC paired them up.

Now way back in raritys flashback to when she was a filly, suppofley

Ok I'm not guessing there ages but how there ages are ordered.

Ok so we know that fluttershy is 1 year older then pinkie. Fluttershy says so in one of the episodes, I believe it's the Gilda one.

Now everyone says that Applejack is older then rarity.

NOPE.

Let me explain. Supposodley cheerilee and big Mac are the same age considering the CMC paired them up.

Now way back in raritys flashback to when she was a filly, suppofley a young cheerilee is seen in raritys class. So this puts raritys age within a year of cheerilee.

Applejack appears to be more then a year younger then her brother. So big Mac, cheerilee and rarity are all the same age making rarity older then applejack.

I'm to lazy to post more proof since Its probably already here.