Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How old are the ponies?

LyraHeartstrings

I'd say early twenties too. With Applejack being the oldest and Pinkie the youngest. I'd say it goes like this

Applejack

Rarity

Twilight

Fluttershy

Rainbow Dash

Pinkie Pie

I don't think they're much years apart from each other. We know that Fluttershy is older than Pinkie by one year but I wouldn't put the others much older/ younger than the rest.

(edited)

Rainbow Dash: 19- She is adventurous, out-going, and arrogant of her abilities (She's my favorite. I can say that about her.)

Fluttershy: 18- She is shy, she is still a little bit like a child in the sense, (Season 1 episode 7 Dragonshy) and she is very kind and caring.

Pinkie Pie: 17- She loves to party and play pranks. She is very upbeat and loves to be with her friends, (Typical teenager) and has a lot of energy.

Rarity: 18-20- She is a wiz at fashion, she dreams of living in the fashion spotlight, she loves to make her own clothes, and she likes to help out her friends.

Applejack: 20- She is honest, she knows how to talk to others and calm them, and, what they hay, she basically owns the freaking farm. That takes responsibility.

Twilight: 19- Seems to be fresh out of school and has to go out and make friends in the real world, away from her books. She finds ways that she can help her friends, and tends to get overworked when things don't go necessarily as planned (Parasprite episode)

That's how I view them at least...

Edited by Songbrony

Ive always assumed that the Mane 6 ponies were around 14-16, but i dont really know. What do you guys think? i know they are old enough to live on their own, but they are all obviously younger then Mr. and Mrs. Cake, and Rainbow Dash competed in the best YOUNG flyer competition when she sonic rainboomed, so that would mean shes around teenager age, right?

Edited by VinolentCupcakes

I assumed they were 19-21. That's considered young by some people. And it's old enough to live on you own, I think.

I always kind of imagined them from around 18 to 21. I mean, if they live off on their own, have jobs, ect. in my mind, that means that they're probably legally adults, albeit younger ones.

Edited by Driku12

Don't know, Fluttershy and RD are probably the oldest though, since they went to flight school together and Fluttershy said she was a year older than Pinkie Pie, who until proven otherwise I will consider the youngest. :huh:

They are young adults, anywhere from 17-24.

I would assume Twilight and Pinkie are the youngest and Rarity and Applejack are the oldest.

If I were to put a number?

Youngest to oldest:

Pinkie Pie (17, She seems the most childish of the group, so I've always imagined her the youngest)

Twilight Sparkle (17, She screams child prodigy)

Fluttershy (18, It's been stated shes a year older than pinkie pie)

Rainbow Dash (18 or 19, She wen't to flight school with Fluttershy, but I always pictured her a tad bit older.)

Applejack (Anywhere from 20-22, She seems a lot more mature than the younger ponies)

Rarity (23 or 24, She is obviously the most adult of the mane 6)

Edited by Eljordo
  • Brohoof 3

ok thanks that makes alot of sense i wasnt sure but those replies make alot of sense and also rarity owns carousel boutique, so she has to be over 18

not really, the laws of Equestria isn't the same of our world... also I know for a FACT that a 13 year old can own their own house, shop or place with adult permission in most states in the US.

• Brohoof 1

This again... I'm still laughing at how people can really believe any of them are older than 15. Look at Cadence, Big Mac, and Shining Armor... If we were judging their growth by human years then the size difference between them wouldn't be there if they were 18-20...

They are 12-15 max...

Edited by Hollowshield
  • Brohoof 1

Don't know, Fluttershy and RD are probably the oldest though, since they went to flight school together and Fluttershy said she was a year older than Pinkie Pie, who until proven otherwise I will consider the youngest. :huh:

I agree that Pinkie is probably the youngest, But Applejack and Rarity are most likely older than Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash. They both just seem a lot more 'adult' and mature that Flutters and Dashie :P

Edited by Eljordo
  • Brohoof 1

I think:

• Twilight: 16 (she's still a student)
  • Pinkie: 17 (seems younger)
  • Rainbow Dash: 18 (is out of school)
  • Fluttershy: 18 (per above)
  • Applejack: 20 (is out of school, seems more mature)
  • Rarity: 22 (seems more mature than the others)
Edited by bagelbass
  • Brohoof 1

This again... I'm still laughing at how people can really believe any of them are older than 15. Look at Cadence, Big Mac, and Shining Armor... If we were judging their growth by human years then the size difference between them wouldn't be there if they were 18-20...

They are 12-15 max... Not that it's even logical to compare their growth in human years at all lol

Assuming they age like humans, 12-15 seems way too young considering they all have full time jobs and live on they're own. Shining armor and Big Mac are probably late 20's to early 30's, being the older siblings.

At least that's my best guess, we have no evidence on how old they actually are, other than Fluttershy Is for sure one year older than Pinkie Pie.

Edited by Eljordo
  • Brohoof 1

i would say late teens to early twenties. like the others have pointed out they live on there own and have jobs. so i would assume that AJ was the oldest out of the 6 but that might be just the work she dose and the responsibity that she has.

Rarity's old enough for me

Rarity is definitely the oldest. 22-23 maybe.

Applejack should be close behind. 20-21.

Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy are likely the same age. 18-19 maybe.

I'll take it Twilight Sparkle and Pinkie Pie are the youngest. 16-17.

Edited by Lady Rarity Pony
  • Brohoof 1

Faust already said they are anywhere from 13-17 no specific age... I have the link somewhere

Heres what she says: The ponies' ages were left intentionally undefined. I like to think of them as having maturity levels anywhere between 12 and 18, (but remember that maturity is different than age. You can be a 10-year-old with the maturity of a 15-year-old, and you can be a 35-year-old with the maturity of a 15-year-old.) For story telling purposes, they needed to be able to live independent of parents, but innocent enough for the type of lessons they learn at the end of the episodes. Since horses are full grown around 5-ish, I guess I sort of justified it in my head that they could be childlike young adults. I know this answer is frustrating for some people, but it happens often in cartoons. How old is Bugs Bunny? Mickey Mouse? Sponge Bob? I don't know either.

Heres the link to get the full FAQ you may need to scroll to get to the MLP questions. http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/12/lauren-fausts-animation-faq.html

I say 14 just to say we are around the same age.

They are 12-15 max...

Lol you were actually the closest to what Faust actually said in the FAQ you get a brohoof and a diamond dog!! :unsure:
  • Brohoof 2

I think they are in their early 20s, or maybe 18 or 19. If they were 15 some of them wouldn't be living alone or owning their own store, and Twilight is almost like a parent to Spike.

I always thought that they were adults, I mean think about it.

They live on their own and have jobs, so how couldn't they be adults?

If any age, I'd say from 17 - 25, from age scale.

I think Pinkie's the youngest and Rarity's the oldest, just by the way the act.

But I'd say Rainbow is in the middle :wub: .

I agree generally with what is said by everyone else on the main 6,

But what always confused me was how old Granny smith was, she must be at least over 100?

I suspected they were teens and confirmed it at the season 2 finale cause in my mind the teen cadence was taking care of foal Twilight and Cadence is adult and Twilight a teen. Though I alwas though that all of them were the same age. Which episode was it that Fluttershy says she is a year older than pinkie ?