Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How old are the ponies?

LyraHeartstrings

I'm pretty sure there was already a thread about this. I think it has been descided that they are young adults, probably late teens and early twenties (at least in human years. We don't know if the ponies mature the same way we do).

You almost nailed it.

I think that's the closest we can get to, since she DID create the show, even though she doesn't anymore, it's still the closest thing to canon we have, unless you ask one of those "Hasbro" workers to ruin it for you...

To be honest, it's best left to the imagination.

I could've sworn there was a DIFFERENT Q&A with Lauren Faust that had her saying the ponies were most likely the human equivalent of 12-18. Either way, their age is left undefined and it stays that way period. Stop speculating, because it's more fun when we can imagine them as whatever we want.

according to the friend that told me about mlp:fim they're aged as follows

fluttershy and applejack are 22

twilight and pinkie pie are 21

rarity and rainbow dash are 20

and spike just turned 11

only fluttershy was shocking for me

but then again this kids nickname is drake the dumbass so i don't think he should be taken seriously in this case

I tend to think of their ages being in the range of 17 and 23, with Pinkie being the youngest (Duh!!!) and Applejack being the oldest (Appears to be the most mature of the six), and Rainbow and Twilight in the middle. But that's just how I see things.

I imagine from oldest to youngest:

Applejack

Fluttershy

Rarity

Twilight

Rainbow Dash

Pinkie Pie

Being said that Fluttershy is a year older then Pinkie Pie, I'd say their age differences are almost the same.

Another repeated thread xD... Through their accomplishments, such as completing school and owning their own business, the 18-22 range makes the most sense to me. I found a quote from Faust about the topic that might help "MLPs are horses with human brains so they grow up fast but mature slower....? It’s imprecise, but that’s kind of what I’m thinking.” The show did aim to entertain a young demographic, yet it seems as though the higher age range of the characters is above the age of their original target audience to provide a sense of independence. Edited by 83awsm

Like the 3rd topic we have on this but ok :P

They seem to be around the ages of 20-25.

Twilight Sparkle seems to be in the pony equivilent of college so I would guess her to be too old or too young and all the others are around the same age.

according to the friend that told me about mlp:fim they're aged as follows

fluttershy and applejack are 22

twilight and pinkie pie are 21

rarity and rainbow dash are 20

and spike just turned 11

only fluttershy was shocking for me

but then again this kids nickname is drake the dumbass so i don't think he should be taken seriously in this case

I thought Fluttershy said she was a year younger older then Applejack? Edited by Rainbow--Dash

I thought Fluttershy said she was a year younger older then Applejack?

She said that to Pinkie Pie. I suppose the ages may be inaccurate, taking Cutie Mark Chronicles into consideration. Applejack was one of the youngest then, I suppose.