Fluttershy: 17

Applejack: 17

Twilight: 18

Rarity: 18

And while I'm thinking about it:

Big Macintosh: 22

CMC: 7-9

(edited)

I would agree on 20-25. With Pinkie Pie being the youngest in my eyes and Rarity being the oldest.

Although, I am basing a lot of that on their maturity levels but, as we all know, older doesn't mean more mature!

Maybe the show will reveal some more in later seasons. But these are my predictions so far.

Pinkie is not the youngest

(Fluttershy quote to pinkie pie.in Griffin the brush off) "Im a year older than you"

Wait scratch that I see now lmao complete derp moment XD

Ignoring what Lauren Faust said, I like to believe:

Pinkie Pie: 16

Rainbow Dash: 16

Fluttershy: 17

Applejack: 17

Twilight: 18

Rarity: 18

And while I'm thinking about it:

Big Macintosh: 22

CMC: 7-9

I agree Edited by ScarletDagger

(edited)

Well, in Suikoden, Tir is 16 and he owns his own friggin castle.

So is it really that out of line to think that maybe the characters become independent at a younger age than humans do?

Thinking in those terms, it wouldn't at all be that unusual if they were in the 15-16 range.

Edited by SBaby

I'm not sure of age exactly, but I think that the Equestrian calendar is the same as ours in terms of length. And the date on which the episode lands in the day it is in Equestria.

My reasoning behind this is due to a line that I heard Pinkie say in 'A Friend in Deed'. She says to Cranky, 'My birthday isn't for another 72 days, silly'. Now, this episode aired on the 18th February. Count on 72 days and you get... the 29th April. And what episode aired on that day last year? 'Party of One', and we all know whose birthday is featured in this episode.

So, if we're saying that the ponies' birthdays fall on the calendar date of the original airing of the episode that their birthday was featured in, then we have two birthdays to add to our calendars.

Pinkie Pie: 29th April

Twilight Sparkle: 3rd December

Just an observation. This tells us nothing about the precise age, but at least we know when to celebrate their birthdays! XD

• 2 weeks later...

I do not know who is the oldest. I just know that there is a solution. Lauren Faust. If she doesn't confirm anything, then we don't know. But I think from oldest to youngest, Pinkie Pie>Twilight Sparkle>Rainbow Dash>Applejack>Rarity>Fluttershy. But as I've said before, we don't know.

I also think they are in their early twenties. Assuming they are APPROXIMATELY (A range of two or less years) the same age, it would be logical to assume so. If you recall from the flashback episode about how they earned their cutie marks, Rarity was the same age as Cheerilee, since they both worked on the same play. This is also reinforced with both Rarity and Cheerilee later on taking adult-like jobs.

• 2 weeks later...

I think Twilight is about 22 years old, but she has Spike witch is a baby dragon, when she got him she looked like eight years old. We all know Fluttershy is a year older than Pinkie, that's canon. I also think the CMC are about eight years old, Granny Smith is 80 and Big Macintosh is 35. Luna and Celestia are thousands of years old, although i think Luna acts like a 14-16 year old.

Scheme of my imagination

Fluttershy - 22

Pinkie Pie - 21

Twilight - 22

Rarity - 25

Rainbow Dash - 22

Applejack - 23

Luna - 14 (how she acts)

Big Mac - 35

Celestia - 35 (how she acts)

Granny smith - 80

CMC - 7-9

CMC classmates - 7-9

Tell me what you think in the comments.

Comments? x) These are replies!

Luna doesn't act like a 15 year old imo, a few years older would fit her more. Something like 20. She is just misguided and in the wrong world.

Too bad the mane 6 are that old.. I think I am too young for them :( Or do you think a 16 year old can get a GF that are between 21-23? xD

Edited by Mikael
  • Brohoof 1

Well, Luna was locked away for 1000 years, so that would stop her growing as a person, and growing "up" so say she was about 16 when she was locked away, then add a 1000 years, so let say she is 1016 years old when she is released, so she would still act 16.

And add about 2 years onto her, as she looks much older in season 2 then she did when we first saw her, so she is 1018 years old , and acts "Wierd" because she has not been around poies for a long time and is trying to learn how to fit in.

• Brohoof 1

Well i believe that at age 16, you are a young adult, and dating anyone up tp 10 years older then you should be fine, as after 16 age should not matter :)

Truthfully I have always believed that at least Rainbow Dash was 18. I truthfully believe Rarity is the oldest at the young age of 22.

I have no idea how old I think they are. I don't think about their age actually..

But I do not think Luna behaves as a 14 years old.

• Brohoof 1

We already had a thread like this, and I said that the mane 6 are most likely between 18-22 approximately, and most people seemed to agree with that.

I disagree about what you said about Luna's age, I think she is at least about as old as the mane 6. Also, i would say Big Mac is more like 25, as opposed to 35, but idk.

This is what I would guess their ages are:

Fluttershy - 20

Pinkie Pie - 19

Twilight - 18

Rarity - 21

Rainbow Dash - 19

Applejack - 22

Luna - 19?

Big Mac - 25-30?

Celestia - 30?

Granny smith - 70? 80?

CMC - 8-11

CMC classmates - 8-11

I always thought the mane 6 were about 19 - 22ish because they pretty much have jobs and an income of some sort and they all don't go to school with the other foals lol (with the exception of twilight being celestias apprentice or something like that)

I guess I agree with the Mane6 age range of 18-25 or thereabouts, but I think the CMC are a tad older than has been suggested, maybe 12-14, simply because the dilemma they are facing of trying to find some direction in life seems a bit outside the concerns of any 7-9 year-old I've ever met. I certainly didn't give much thought to my vocation when I was in Grades 2 or 3, but approaching Jr. High that started to become a much greater worry. I also feel the dynamic between Sweetie Belle and Rarity better reflects that age gap than a twenty-something and a young child.