Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Favorite musical instrument.

Mach33

If (and if you could play a(n) musical instrument) you would play any instrument that is currently out there, which one(s) would they be? A clarinet, saxophone, guitar, etc. My (three) would be clarinet, saxophone, and guitar. What would yours be?

• Brohoof 1

Well I play the trombone so that's my favorite /to play/, although sometimes I wish I can play the sax or acoustic guitar, or even the piano :fluttershy: since since they're in a lot more music I like :wacko:.

• Brohoof 1

I'm a little biased towards the trumpet having played it previously, but I also really enjoy the guitar. I do really like a lot of brass and string instruments, can't say I like the woodwinds as much. 

• Brohoof 1

Well, leave it to me, if there's ever been an instrument I've wanted, I've got it! =P

My favorite instruments are of course wind instruments. My top favorites are the oboe/English horn, saxophone (alto or lower), bassoon, and bass clarinet. The trumpet/trombone/saxophone combo in pop/rock music is sublime. No matter the era, genre.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzLbmOHTYcI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pP8Z36lnIU

My favorite non-wind instruments are the harpsichord and hammond organ. I'll probably never play them. That's fine. Just kind of sad these instruments have been pushed aside. It'd be so much more fun to play the harpsichord than the piano.

• Brohoof 2

While I do not play any instruments, I am quite fond of the violon and piano. I think that, individually, they are beautiful sounding. However, I have noticed that many instrumental duets featuring the two are as equally amazing. They just produce such a tranquil sound that can also be intense. If I ever had the opportunity to learn to properly play an instrument, it'd be one of those.

• Brohoof 1

I don't play any instruments--I tried to when I was really young but sadly I failed--but I do enoy listening to others playing them, and my favourite one amongst them would be the saxophone. I just love how high-pitched those things can get. They sound like they are howling when that happens.

drums. tends to be what I pick up instantly when I hear a song or track. Plus i used to drum in my teen years. I play piano more when Im bored, I dont do it very well though, its usually just really basic stuff or trying to learn from ear game soundtracks. i'll stick to singing

I did play the tuba and baritone (a little bit) in high school (I was six spots from a statewide concert my junior year on tuba), but if I actually had to pick a favorite in terms of sound, I really like French Horns. I like the range of pitches and just the way the instrument sounds them out. Though the thing I don't like would be playing one. Or at least I think I wouldn't, because of the fact you have to actually have your hand in the bell. Sounds like it would feel strange...

I absolutely love listening to the piano. Not only does it produce beautiful sounds, but it's also a beautiful instrument! :)

My favorite musical instrument of all time is the piano. I've been playing since I was 7 years old. The joy I get when I perfect a song is unlike anything that i've experienced before. I highly recommend it as a 1st instrument for those who have no music background. It may seem difficult at 1st, but with enough practice and diligence it will get easier. 

I play the double bass, but my favorite instrument is easily the piano. It sounds amazingly good when it's played slow, and in some cases played fast as well. First Flight and City in the Sky by Evening Star are examples of god tier piano music.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

I dont really "play" an instrument as I have to consider myself somewhat competent to say I play something but I've been learning the Electric Guitar. I love the way it sounds especially over acoustic guitar. These songs are among my favorites and got me into any song with a badass electric guitar solo.

• Brohoof 1