Register now to remove this ad.
Derplight Sperkle

[Ponyville]Surprise for Twilight(Open)

19 posts in this topic

OOC

sig-4767517.sig-4755902.sig-4713478.sig-

Twilight awoke on slightly overcast day. The weather pegasi have decided to have today be a rainy day and the clouds overhead gave the signs that it will rain anytime now. Twilight sighed. Today was one of the most special days of the year, it was her birthday.

Not only was that it was going to rain, Twilight was saddened by the lack of invitations that have gone out. Usually Pinkie would have sent some out by now and ponies would be enthusiastically RSVPing to the event. Even Spike wasn't around to partake this year. This birthday may be one of the worst in recent memory.

Twilight slowly rose out of the bed to prepare for the day. Her schedule that was planned out weeks ago floated over to her while she brushed her mane. There was nothing planned for the day just in case of a party, but the blank spot made Twilight even more sad. Hopefully something will cheer her up today.

post-19423-0-36498300-1477405701.png

@@Derplight Sperkle, @, @@Unicorncob, @@Red Cedar, @@Kulstor

Little did Twilight know that within Ponyville, inside the ever populer Suger cube corner, plans were already being set into motion.

"Alright troops!" declared Velvet as she slapped her retractable pointer onto a large chalkboard placed in front of a large group of ponies, a group which consisted mostly of Twilight's closest friends, locals...and other ponies literally picked up right off the street whom had no idea what was going on.

"Today, is my daughter, Princess Twilight Sparkle's Birthday," she said loud and clearly as she began to pace back and forth in front of the group, like a drill sergeant would have addressed their troops.

"For years I have overseen her birthdays since she was a little filly and not once have I disappointed her expectations, and as Luna as my witness-" she paused as she literally pointed to Princess Luna not standing that far from her, "-I have no intention of disappointing her this time around either, and I know for certain none of you want to either, do you!?"

Velvet abruptly turned to the crowd with a glare, daring any of them to argue otherwise.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This might have been seen as rather "extreme" of Twilight Velvet, to address her daughters friends in this manner, but Velvet had good reason too.

Having learnt from experience, Velvet was aware that Twilight was as curious as she was clever, which is to say very.

If Twilight Sparkle so much as got a "hint" of a suspicion of a party for her somewhere she would be all over it like a wasp on raspberry jelly donuts.

So no, simply "throwing" a party was not going to cut it, it needed to be planned carefully and with the utmost precision, the slightest detail out of place could throw the whole thing into wack.

But how do you plan for a party this carefully for a pony with that level of detail that rivalled that of Twilights?

Well, the answer was simple really, and besides, only a fair few others knew Twilight as well as her own mother.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Velvet smiled, content that the group was well aware that failure simply was not an option here, she turned to Pinkie Pie and gestured her over, "Pinkie, If you would be so kind to explain our plan of action, if you please."

Truthfully, Velvet was hesitant to allow others to assist in her daughter's personal parties, but...Pinkie was a very close friend to Twilight and so with a little light prodding from her husband, Velvet was willing to make an exception, but she made a note to herself to keep a very close eye on her.

Velvet walked up to and stood to one side by her husband, Night Light, who simply smiled at her warmly, "So...remind me again why you never joined the Canterlot guard?"

"Oh hush you," and she lightly whacked her pointer over his head, he recoiled with a  smug grin on his muzzle.

Derplight Sperkle, Unicorncob and Hoppy brohoof this

sig-4771132.sig-4756102.sig-4749431.sig-

@@Derplight Sperkle, @, @@Golbez, @@Red Cedar, @@Kulstor

Pinkie Pie, of course, was present at the meeting of Twilight Sparkle's birthday. As one of the party's head organisers--the other being Twilight Velvet of course--it was only right that she was there.

Keeping to the spirit of the meeting, the earth pony sported a bright pink military helmet and matching camouflage outfit, and was stood straight with her chest puffed out. A frown of determination was across her muzzle.

Nopony knew where she got the outfit--she definitely wasn't wearing it before the meeting began.

At Velvet's request, she gave a salute and bounced over to the chalkboard. "Yes ma'am, sir, ma'am!"

She reached a hoof deep into her poofy pink mane and produced her own pointer. Though, it was actually just a novelty-sized candy cane, but it would work either way. It also looked far too big to be contained in her hair, but it was completely out of sight.

The chalkboard depicted a diagram of a chain of events, which included doodles of ponies that looked like they were drawn by a foal. One may have suspected the Cakes' son and daughter, but it was actually a hasty effort from the party pony taking over the explanation.

"Alright everypony, here's the skinny!" she began, and tapped the cane on the board. "We got a big party plan here, and if it's gonna be a success, then we gotta follow it to the letter, capiche?"

She eyed up the group of ponies before pointing the cane at Applejack.

"Applejack, you and I are on snack duty," she explained. "With our baking powers combined, this birthday will be the yummiest birthday to ever birthday. Twilight Velvet and I are overseeing production of the cake, of course."

Her blue eyes narrowed for her next order.

"Our number one priority is to keep Twilight totally in the dark about the party, and I don't mean throwing her in a closet. Because that's not a fun birthday game. Well, unless it's hide-and-seek. But this is no game, this party is serious business up in here! So Twilight must be kept far away from Sugarcube Corner till we're ready for the surprise! Because a non-surprise is the worst ever surprise, and we cannot let that happen!"

Her cane pointed to Luna first, then Night Light.

"Princess Luna and Night Light are on distraction detail. Make sure Twilight doesn't know a thing!"

Her cane then swept over the gathered crowd of mostly confused and scared ponies. "Everypony else, you know your role. And if you don't, then ask somepony to remind you. If you don't have a role, you ask Twilight Velvet. She's the boss around here. Any ideas go through her! Or you tell them to her, whichever works better!"

She took a chomp of the candy cane before slamming the end of it down with a thud. It now sported a large bite gap.

"Lack of surprise will not be tolerated."

Golbez broohoofs this

post-1908-0-71650300-1401605331_thumb.png

@@Unicorncob, @@Golbez,

Luna would sit off to the side. A large pot of coffee sat on the table before her. A large mug bearing her cutie mark was held in her magical aura. As she took a sip, the words on the back of the mug could be ever so slightly visible, 'Best Princess,'

She would listen intently to the briefing of things that needed to be done, and was caught off guard when Twilight's mother pointed a hoof right at her. It was an expression that made her uncomfortable. Her eyes would narrow, but only for a moment realizing it was done for effect, not as a disrespect to her. Luna would refill her cup as Pinkie began to speak next. A sinister grin would grace Luna's muzzle as the pink mare mentioned keeping Twilight in the dark. "Keeping Equestria in the dark is something that I know all too well," she would joke.

"Night Light," she would say after Pinkie has finished speaking, "What are your ideas to keep your daughter distracted? I am sure that you and your wife have been thinking about this since Twilight's last birthday. I have a few thoughts as well. I believe we should get our story correct when we arrive at the castle's doors."

Unicorncob broohoofs this

rWUdzLw.png

Applejack had been sitting quietly in a corner of the room with an astounded expression on her face. This was a side of Twilight's mother she had never seen before, and Applejack was left trying to reconcile the sweet matronly mare that she normally knew as Twilight Velvet with the drill sergeant giving marching orders in front of her.

One thing was certain. Applejack now knew exactly how Shining Armour had come by his role, and it was all natural.

As Pinkie Pie explained what was going on as far as planning went, Applejack nodded. "You betcha, Pinkie. I got a whole mess of treats planned for the party. You just let me at that kitchen." She said with enthusiasm. This was going to be great.

Unicorncob broohoofs this

@@Derplight Sperkle, @@Golbez, @@Unicorncob, @, @@Red Cedar,

Doctor Whooves sat where he was, sipping some tea as he listened to the goings on.  Keeping Princess Twilight in the dark would not be an easy thing to do, but he was confident that those who were on that duty would do quite well.  

He nodded at those in charge of the baking.  Their individual baking skills were great, combed they would only mean far better treats and sweets would be made.  As for Pinkie somehow having on an outfit she didn't and her pulling out things longer then her mane, or tail, could hold, or getting the item from somewhere.  One who lived in Ponyville and spend time around Pinkie got use to it.  Or some few ponies never seemed to quite get use to such antics and actions.  

He thought that at study of how Pinkie did that could result in a new branch of physics or magic, but didn't think Equestria was anywhere ready for either, not yet anyway.  Maybe one day.

"Remember not to work to hard, "he said to Pinkie & Applejack, "Wouldn't do to have you end up to tired to enjoy the party after all." He said smiling to them.

Mysterious Way and Unicorncob brohoof this

sig-4771579.sig-4767517.sig-4755902.sig-

@@Kulstor,@@Red Cedar, @, @@Unicorncob, @@Golbez

Twilight was almost done with her morning routine. Her mane and tail brushed, her schedule triple checked, and bed made up. The castle seemed even more empty without her faithful companion Spike. He usually would get up and would be waiting in the kitchen trying to snag some gems from the high cabinets. Twilight sighed as the kitchen items began to light up in purple auras as they prepared breakfast.

Doctor Whooves, looked around the area where the meeting had been held.  It looked like it was over, or maybe not yet.  With meetings it could be hard to tell.  So he thought it best to remain in the area, for now.  This was nothing like where he had come from.  There meetings could go on for hours, or even days in some cases, as this or that speaker droned on in quite a boring voice.  Many of them saying nothing really at all.  All quite boring, except in a few cases here and there. 

Mysterious Way broohoofs this

@@Kulstor, @@Red Cedar, @@Unicorncob,

Luna would pour herself another cup of coffee, as well as filling her thermos before placing it into he rather heavy saddle bags. She would trot over to Sugar Cube Corner's door and look back at the group. "I shall keep Twilight Sparkle occupied for quite some time with what I have planned. If we are not here by the time the party is supposed to start, my plan has worked too well, and somepony will have to retrieve us."

The alicorn would look over to Twilight's now occupied father and sigh before leaving through the front door. "Tis all up to me," she would say under her breath. Within a few short moments, she would be standing at the doors to the Castle of Friendship. "Should I allow myself in or knock," she said aloud to nopony in particular. She could feel the eyes of a pony staring at her. She would turn to face the direction of a group of young mares. "Has thou never seen a princess arrive at a castle before?" Immediately the group would disperse.

@@Derplight Sperkle,

Luna would rap three times on the heavy door to Twilight's castle, awaiting for her to answer."

sig-4772370.sig-4771132.sig-4756102.sig-

Pinkie nodded at the dispersing group, and smirked with self-satisfaction. This was going to be the birthdayingest birthday party of Twilight's life, so help her Celestia. Luna would do as well, but she was already on distraction detail.

She turned to Mrs Sparkle and beamed. "How'd I do, ma'am? Pretty well, I think!"

She looked to Applejack and gave her a knowing smirk. "Alrighty then. It's bakin' time!" She declared, in a more-serious-than-baking-actually-is tone of voice.

DOCTOR WHOOVES

"If you need help, there's a lot around willing to help." Doctor Whooves said while smiling.   He went over to help with some of the decorations.  What was a party without decorations around.  A most unusual party he thought.   Though he had attended many of those.  Though it was often a good distraction for him and his traveling companion or companions to slip away and go.  Though not in this case.

rWUdzLw.png

Applejack nodded to Princess Luna as she left to distract Twilight. "We'll get it set up before y'all get back, Ma'am." She said. Of course, Luna did bring up another point. If Twilight got too distracted, which was entirely likely, it could be a while before they saw the two of them again.

"Maybe we should have a got an idea where she was takin' Twilight first." she mused out loud.

"Alrighty then. It's bakin' time!"

Pinkie Pie brought Applejack out of her thought. "Okay, let's get to 'er," she agreed, and trotted into Sugar Cube Corner's kitchen. "I'll start on the other snacks while y'all get the cake in the oven. Let me know if ya need a hoof." she said.

sig-4802862.sig-4772370.sig-4771132.sig-

Pinkie raced into the kitchen like a pink stream of light, stopping completely still at the counter where baking supplies were laid out. Milk, flour, eggs, bowls, etc.

That's right, the cake hadn't even been baked yet! But if one thought the cake wouldn't be ready on time, then one has not met Pinkie Pie.

The party pony baker was now suddenly wearing a chef's hat and an apron with 'Kiss the Pink' on it.

"I hear ya, bakin' buddy!" Pinkie gave Applejack a salute, then squirted some food colouring in a tube and wiped it under both eyes like rainbow war paint. She cracked her hooves, and got straight to work making the dough.

DOCTOR WHOOVES

Doctor Whooves smiled at Pinkie's sudden departure.  This was certainly going to be one fun party with the party pony involved.  Though there was that one that was also a party pony.  Cheesy something?  he couldn't remember his name.

Using his right front hoof, with a shoe on it, he nailed in the first small nail to hold up a banner.  He then moved to the next one and continued till he was done, at least his part, since he wasn't very good at flying up to secure the high points of the banner.  

He looked up thinking that wings would be handy now and then, or being a unicorn.  He had been of of those once, a unicorn.  He shook his head bringing himself back to the present.  He had many pleasant memories, but now wasn't the time to relive them.  Now was the time to help with this party.  Lots of fun would be had later.  He couldn't wait to see Twilight's face when she was here.

Edited by Kulstor

sig-4771579.sig-4767517.sig-4755902.sig-

@@Skycoaster

Breakfast was made and partially eaten by the downtrodden alicorn. It was alright, wasn't as good as Spike has done in the past. As Twilight was just about to finish her meal, a knocking noise reverberated around the castle. Her ears perked up at the noise as Twilight's spirits rose. Could it be one of her friends coming over to start a party? Could it be Pinkie with her favorite party cannon?

Twilight enthusiastically got up from her chair and quickly trotted to the door. There were so many questions floating around her mind, with no answers coming to mind. The only way to find out was to open the door. Twilight was so enthusiastic, she forgot to even check who was there. The door handle was encased in a purple aura as she opened the door with her eyes closed in suspense. 

"Hi Pinkie! I was wondering-" Twilight began before finally opening her eyes to see who it really was. "Oh! I'm sorry Princess Luna. I was expecting somepony else. Please come in!" Twilight motioned for Luna to enter.

@@Derplight Sperkle,

Princess Luna would have a serious look upon her muzzle as the door opened before her. Twilight's initial reaction when opening it was enough to make her own stomach sink a bit, though the payoff at the end should be worth it. The alicorn would nod and then enter. "I am in need of your assistance Twilight Sparkle. May we proceed to the library. I have something that I believe that you would like go see."

She would make her way to a large table and levitate her heavy saddle bags onto it. Carefully, she would would three large leather bound books from them and set them on the table in front of her. Another book remained in the bag. Its one corner would be visible for a few moments with the bright purple wrapping paper that encased it. Upon noticing it was in sight, she quickly shoved it deep into the bag.

Luna would attempt to draw Twilight's attention to the oldest and roughest looking of the three books. "Tis my spell book from over 1000 years ago. It has seen better days as it has just been recently recovered from the ruins of my old home." Next she would point a hoof at a much better preserved book, though the binding was well worn from use. "I am sure that you recognize this book, as it was the copy from the Star Swirl the Bearded Wing of the Canterlot Castle library, and the one that my sister would have referenced when needed. Not all my spells where listed within it, as there are some that even Celestia dose not know about."

rWUdzLw.png

Rapidly slicing through what must have been a bushel of apples, Applejack quickly tossed them in sugar and cinnamon and then layered them in tart shells, ready for the oven, as soon as Pinkie was done with it. Next, she turned her attention to starting a tray of daffodil and rosemary sandwiches. They would be perhaps a little strongly flavoured, but a nice counterpoint to the abundance of sweets that both she and Pinkie Pie were planning. Luckily, working in the bakery, there was no shortage of good fresh bread, and the bakery had enough room - just - for the two of them to work without stepping on each others' hooves.

"How we doin' there, Pinkie?" she asked.

sig-4806427.sig-4802862.sig-4772370.sig-

@

Pinkie, meanwhile, was busy rapidly mixing batter, grabbing fruits and collecting bottles of food colouring, whizzing around the kitchen like a breeze of pink wind. If there was one thing she always took seriously, it was her baking. Living in a bakery will do that to you.

"Orange... nah, too orange-y. Apple... nah, that's AJ's thing. Pear... not fun enough. Ooooh, strawberries! Everypony loves strawberries! Especially strawberries on cake!" She giggled, and gathered up strawberries in a bowl large enough to serve as a helmet. The food colouring was a selection of purples and pinks, to coincide with Twilight's 'purplyness' as Pinkie called it.

She could work on cupcakes, muffins and such while the main event was baking in the oven. Easy as pie. Come to think of it, pie would be a good idea too.

"We're doing supergood here, AJ!" she chirped, mixing up a near-literal storm of batter before kneading it with her hooves. "Need a hoof back there?"

DOCTOR WHOOVES

With that done he went over to put up the pin the tail on the pony picture.  That was a favorite game to play.  Then he started to put up a few balloons, happy birthday ones and a few other fun looking ones.    That done he then helped some others to start to move some tables & chairs around so the snacks and such could be put in one area, with another area for folks to mingle, play this or that game, and such other things.