Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Rainbow Rocks - favourite song?

BrushfireGlow

I don't know bout anyone else, but with a world lined up to screw me for being me, Shine like Rainbows makes me want to cry every time I hear it. MLP truly saved my life, I thought the world as going rotten and someone came up with an animation that's so funny, but mainly so REAL when it comes to friendship lessons, that I decided that NOT jumping off a tall building could also make me feel included in the world. All of us I'm sure at least once or twice have been let down, shamed, left out etc. And I'm also sure that I'm probably not the only one who has felt this way either in the past or currently. Shine like Rainbows makes me feel I'm no the only one in this world who feels this, and it also kind of says everything I want to say about the show itself, right from the centre of my heart^^ Ingram, sir, you are a genius and a mastermind of sound, keep up the good work. What are everyone else favourite songs from Rainbow Rocks?

post-40219-0-19602100-1482510488_thumb.png

Edited by BrushfireGlow
  • Brohoof 4

I love all of the songs in Rainbow Rocks, so picking just one favorite is kind of difficult, but if pushed to shove, I would go with Welcome to the Show as my favorite.

Second place would go to Shine Like Rainbows. 

• Brohoof 1

I have a different story, but it has many similarities to yours, thus I know what you feel and sorry to hear that. Though that's great, that things became better for you.

My favorite song from 'Rainbow Rocks' is also 'Shine Like Rainbows'. I really love this song and it indeed, brings up some feels as it has a *hidden* value for me, just like it has for you. Well, many MLP songs have that value, since they have a backstory and true feelings put in them, not mentioning, that they're just extremely catchy. Daniel Ingram does a really great job with those.

Generally 'Shine Like Rainbows' is a great song. Definitely one of my favorites of all time. post-38649-0-53586000-1479961547.png

Edited by Rikifive
  • Brohoof 1

I do have a soft spot for "Welcome to the Show", but my favourite song would be "My Past is Not Today" because it was the first full-length song that Sunset sung. I'm aware that her song wasn't in the movie but it does count as part of Rainbow Rocks since it aired long enough the first trailer for Friendship Games became available.

Edited by Ganondorf8
  • Brohoof 2

I think that "Let's Have a Battle (of the Bands)" is my personal favorite. I love the line "Me and you, you and me, why don't we see who is better?", particularly when it's repeated, but with the entire cafetaria singing along. Gives me goosebumps every time. Plus it has a beautiful build up and the visuals are amazing.

• Brohoof 1

Definitely Shine Like Rainbows. That song is very nice to listen to, it's very calm, sweet and heart-warming, maybe a little cheesy but I love that kind of songs at the end of movies or episodes, they make me feel good about the thing I just watched. It's still my favorite song of the EqG movies.

Edited by Baykush
  • Brohoof 1

Eternal contest between "Shine Like Rainbows" and "Welcome to the Show," although the post-release music video "Friendship Through the Ages" gives both a run for their money.

• Brohoof 1

My top 3 tied pony songs are Better Than Ever, Shine Like Rainbows, and We'll Make Our Mark. But if I had to pick just one, it would probably be Rainbows. Like you say, it has a deep feeling that I think represents the true magic of friendship and the spirit of the brony fandom, which I hope new people in the far future will still be able to feel by listening to it. The other one like it is Smile.

• Brohoof 1

The Cafeteria song. That is just an anthem in of itself. Followed closely by Welcome to the show (the movie version), which is just so different in tone to anything in the previous movies or even the show. 

• Brohoof 2

My favorite song in Rainbow Rocks is "Under Our Spell".

Same here. I always love a good villain song, and this one is brilliant. Especially with the accompanying visuals showing the Dazzlings getting more and more power over everyone, and the students all fighting each other. Plus Twilight frantically trying to scribble out a counterspell, and Sunset Shimmer worrying about the effect on her friends. It's a fantastic villain song, ended with some particularly evil laughter at the end.

• Brohoof 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...