Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Censorship of Cider to Juice in every territory.

Azureth

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2016/12/all-of-cider-has-been-changed-to-juice.html?m=1

I just watched the episode after reading that and I can confirm at least in the U. S all mentions of Cider are changed to Juice.

This is ridiculous. That the UK version would some how be the one other territories get. Apart from how it's been Cider since way back you can tell it was over dubbed and really seems off.

• Brohoof 4

This is ridiculous. That the UK version would some how be the one other territories get. Apart from how it's been Cider since way back you can tell it was over dubbed and really seems off.

Apple Bloom told a lie

OH NO SHE DIDNT

also whats wrong with Applebloom selling cider underage.

Ohhhh yeah, I see the issue. Applejack and Bigmac is going to jail

MLP is done for

I hate few things more than censorship, controlling what people think and often with the notion that it's for "our own good".

I would generally agree, but in this case (SSCS6000) when it's a children's cartoon episode focused on the manufacture and consumption of cider, which in the UK is solely an alcoholic drink, I can just about stretch to giving them a pass for that one.

(I'd prefer the didn't censor it, but I'm not going to make a song and dance about it)

Edited by Concerned Bystander
  • Brohoof 5

The funny thing is, you can tell just from watching the episode that it couldn't possibly have been alcoholic beverages that they were selling---it takes time to ferment alcohol, and basically for them it was grind apples -> put juice in barrels -> tap barrels within hours of grinding at most.

Fermentation couldn't have happened unless those barrels were enchanted to have time run thousands of times faster inside them than outside!

• Brohoof 2

The funny thing is, you can tell just from watching the episode that it couldn't possibly have been alcoholic beverages that they were selling---it takes time to ferment alcohol, and basically for them it was grind apples -> put juice in barrels -> tap barrels within hours of grinding at most.

Fermentation couldn't have happened unless those barrels were enchanted to have time run thousands of times faster inside them than outside!

Indeed, and of course every six year old girl is well versed in the processes involved in the production of cider. :)

• Brohoof 5

I would generally agree, but in this case (SSCS6000) when it's a children's cartoon episode focused on the manufacture and consumption of cider

I don't think ignorance is bliss so there's no value in censorship. Children can't be harmed by the mere consumption of knowledge.

I don't think ignorance is bliss so there's no value in censorship. Children can't be harmed by the mere consumption of knowledge.

There is equally little value in seeing their favourite colourful ponies lining up to buy alcohol.  How does saying juice instead of cider harm the episode as a whole?  In the US, sure you could argue it, but in the UK where cider is unambiguously alcoholic it doesn't affect the overall quality of the episode at all.

It's not like they're censoring important current affairs, or keeping knowledge from them, in this case it makes literally no difference.

Edited by Concerned Bystander
  • Brohoof 2

I hate censorship but also altering a source material to appease the stupidity of other countries.

Hasbro wants to make money, and the more countries they can sell their products to, the more money they can make.  Saying 'juice' instead of 'cider' just makes it easier for them.  Such a trivial change is hardly worth throwing a track over.

Why?

Can someone explain to me why???

What's the difference?

Cider is often an alcoholic beverage - but there is non-alcoholic (which I was suprised to find out). Therefore it can be taken as an reference to alcohol, especially because of Rainbow Dash's actions.

Edited by Vlazamal
  • Brohoof 1

Cider is often an alcoholic beverage - but there is non-alcoholic (which I was suprised to find out). Therefore it can be taken as an reference to alcohol, especially because of Rainbow Dash's actions.

Ahhhhhh thank's :). I still have to learn many things.

Wait I'm confused, I live in the UK and have UK Netflix and it still says Cider, have they messed up and given the juice version to other countries but not the UK?

I thought I heard someone say that Netflix U.K. didn't even have season 5 yet. Or are you thinking of a different episode?

I thought I heard someone say that Netflix U.K. didn't even have season 5 yet. Or are you thinking of a different episode?

Oh silly me  :please: I thought they were talking about Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000, though it is weird that they changed it for Where the Apple Lies and not that episode.

Oh silly me  :please: I thought they were talking about Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000, though it is weird that they changed it for Where the Apple Lies and not that episode.

I think the edit was just for Tiny Pop since that network is aimed at preschool kids.

I hate few things more than censorship, controlling what people think and often with the notion that it's for "our own good".

Keeping maniacs from trying to kill people for the sake of killing people sounds like it's for our own good to me. But I see your point. This is a bit much.