Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Possible for Sombra to return?

ManaMinori

It's likely for Sombra to return, I think. First off, Sunbutt said that when she and Luna fought him, he was turned to shadow and trapped under the ice. He continued to be shadow for 1000 years, and only returned to a solid form when in close proximity to the Crystal Heart. Perhaps if he's away from it, he reverts back- and what I think the CH did was only destroy or break down his solidified form. Plus, his horn- which we saw as able to regenerate, could do the same again.

There's an interesting team up that could be done if Sombra does return, and that would be with a villain from generation 1 named Arabus- a cloud creature who steals shadows for power and energy. Being a creature of shadow himself, it would be entertaining to see Arabus struggling to cooperate with Sombra, whose foresight and cunning could be a valuable asset in carrying out evil plans, or using him merely as an energy source, to get the job done on his own.

What do you guys think?

Since Hasbro approved of a major story arc in the comics where he not only comes back but is turned into a good guy, it's most likely they don't have plans for him in the show. There certainly weren't more plans for him when they originally wrote TCE since Meghan pretty much considered him to be dead at that point.

I don't like Seige of the Crystal Empire that much so I really don't count it. I say he passed on, and it should stay that way. Not all villains can reform.

I do wanna see Tirek return though!

The shadow ponies wer pretyt neat but yeah that ending was so cheesy.  it wa liek "oh no bielvei nteh power of freindship blah blah blah, turned good blah blah magic mumbojumpo presto chango

it wa liek "oh no bielvei nteh power of freindship blah blah blah, turned good blah blah magic mumbojumpo presto chango

He never wanted to be evil in the first place, he was just convinced it was his destiny, and that it was basically set in stone whether he wanted it or not. When Radiant Hope convinced him otherwise, by showing that she hadn't followed through on her "Destiny", he realized he didn't have to go through with all this.

Honestly, I think it's one of the better reformations in the series. 

• Brohoof 1

I'm pretty sure he's like, dead or something.

He didn't get banished, he got like, blown up almost.

Yea and ot be fair tat horn fragment was used in the comics to bring him back to life. First ther was his finship is magic comic and then that main arch.

Anything is possible; I would like to think we'll see the King of Shadows again at some point. We saw his horn fragment survive, and the comics used that to full force, so really, I don't entirely buy the "He's Dead" bit, even coming from Meghan herself. :P

Anything is possible; I would like to think we'll see the King of Shadows again at some point. We saw his horn fragment survive, and the comics used that to full force, so really, I don't entirely buy the "He's Dead" bit, even coming from Meghan herself. :P

After all, she's the same lady who said Flash Sentry wouldn't be on the main show:

full.jpg

flash_sentry_motivational_poster_by_cart

• Brohoof 1

After all, she's the same lady who said Flash Sentry wouldn't be on the main show:

sig-4776093.full.jpg

sig-4776093.flash_sentry_motivational_po

He was only in the background for like 2 episodes, and didn't do anything at all to impact the narrative in any sort of way whatsoever, so technically she wasn't lying when she said Flash Sentry wouldn't be a character in season 4, as he ended up being a prop instead of an actual character.

Meghan said Flash Sentry wouldn't be a character on the show, but didn't literally say that he wouldn't be in the show period. :P

Edited by cmarston1

If there is one thing decades of reading comic books have taught me it's "You don't see the body, they ain't really dead"  So, he's only merely dead, he's really not sincerely dead.  Besides, even if he's really dead, he's in Tartarus (where else is he going to go, Cleveland?).  Tirek has shown that ain't necessarily a one way trip.

• 2 weeks later...

i hope he does.
really.
favorite villain and all that jazz.

and my experience from other universes where magic is involved, a fragment of a entitys body was more than enough to bring someone...or something...back to life (in this case, Sombras horn).
but also very often not a unsmashed body part, but the soul/spirit/life force.
spirits can indeed exist in MLP, as we saw in "Hearths Warming Tail".

While I do think that Sombra will return, I actually am not in favour of it.

Sombra is easily my worst villain on this show. He has little to no personality to speak of, virtually no backstory whatsoever and heck, the guy gets like 2 lines of dialogue before he is defeated by frickin SPIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If they do return him ( which I think there is a fairly decent chance of happening ) PLEASE give him an in depth backstory or some more screen time, or something, anything to make him actually stand out.

Edited by Rarity the Supreme

While I do think that Sombra will return, I actually am not in favour of it.

Sombra is easily my worst villain on this show. He has little to no personality to speak of, virtually no backstory whatsoever and heck, the guy gets like 2 lines of dialogue before he is defeated by frickin SPIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If they do return him ( which I think there is a fairly decent chance of happening ) PLEASE give him an in depth backstory or some more screen time, or something, anything to make him actually stand out.

well, no personality or backstory isn't necessarily a bad thing, it only adds more questions which can be explained later.

otherwise, since season 3 was supposed to be the last (as i've heard), maybe they didn't want to add too much story for a last season?

and technically it was Twilight who defeated him, Spike had to take a order to just bring a item to someone, pretty simple (and he almost failed).

• Brohoof 1

Not so, but it's not impossible either. With dark magic, he can be revive..just as long they don't have him reform..like in the comic.

I suppose so.

I'm just more of an answers person than a questions person.I just want more to make him stick out from the rather large group of villains. If their intention was to make Sombra a mystery and to keep everything about his past for a later reveal, than that is a very smart move on their behalf. If not..................................... Just give him his backstory from the comic.