Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What Is The Heaviest Thing You've Ever Lifted?

Denim&Venöm

So what is the heaviest thing that you've ever lifted or help lift? 

This would definitely be work related for me, as I had to help lift this huge steel column out of the steaming wash room. There was 6 of us trying to haul that thing down the steps, and even then I felt like I was gonna have to drop that thing after just a few seconds. 

How about you?

• Brohoof 1

Me? My father's pool table will be the heaviest thing I've ever helped lifted.

Seriously, when I had to lift it up my arms felt like breaking and what's worse it was only my father and I. My mother wouldn't even help cause of her scrabble game.

• Brohoof 1

(Not trying to insult at all ;-; ) but the heaviest thing I have lifted by myself was probably a girl during highschool, we where all messing around during drama class and I ended up carrying her in my arms. I'd say.. 50 odd KG? So... not really much :P

A couple of metal cylindrical water containers. No idea what they were. They were used for heating, I think. They were almost as long as I am tall, and nearly three times as heavy. And they had to go upstairs from a basement.

• Brohoof 1

Dogs that were over 50lbs. I could tell they weighed more than 50lbs because they were heavier than the 50lb dog food bags I had to lift. (For the general record the largest dog I've worked with was a 150lb rottie. Thankfully, I never had to pick him up.)

• Brohoof 1

The heaviest thing I ever lifted was a flight of wooden stairs my dad needed me to help him move at a job he was doing. While he didn't struggle at all since this was normal for him, I ended up getting sick because a combination of the weight and the humidity resulted in me reacting as such. My dad admitted that I shouldn't have tried to life something so heavy, yet at the same time I feel as though he was embarrassed knowing that I completely failed at something that was supposedly simple.

I think it was a large piece of furniture I was helping to lift, but really the heaviest thing was something I had to push...our old Dodge minivan that really doesn't run anymore. My brother was helping, but we had to push it up our driveway, talk about a real pain in the patooty xD

• Brohoof 2

I think the heaviest thing I had to pick up was a log.  I used to help my mom clear her land so she can build a house there(I don't know what she's doing with it now).  We were transporting her logs to someone else's house so they can use them for whatever.

• Brohoof 1

If you're talking about actually and totally off the ground (rather than awkwardly and angrily "walking" a large appliance or piece of furniture out the door), I used to pick up one of my friends in high school onto my shoulders for the purpose of performing a wrestling maneuver called "The Rack." xD

post-26550-0-39762800-1482613748.jpg

^ This is the maneuver.  Not a picture of me and my friend in high school, just to clarify.

Edited by Ziggy + Angel + Rain
  • Brohoof 1

Well by myself I carried this man who was 210pounds on my arms.

With alot of people....hmmmm......idk. My cousin and I carried a large log once.

Nothing else really comes to mind but I'm sure I've lifted heavier things.

If you're talking about actually and totally off the ground (rather than awkwardly and angrily "walking" a large appliance or piece of furniture out the door), I used to pick up one of my friends in high school onto my shoulders for the purpose of performing a wrestling maneuver called "The Rack." xD

attachicon.gifrack_display_image.jpg

^ This is the maneuver.  Not a picture of me and my friend in high school, just to clarify.

Wait. You mean you aren't secretly Lex Luger and you're not friends with Mike Rotunda? 

• Brohoof 3

I've probably lifted heavier things, but the heaviest thing I remember lifting is a double bass. The day after a concert, my teacher left it at the high school and then I went to go carry it all the way back to the middle school. Wasn't very fun.

Edited by gamecubeguy214
  • Brohoof 1

The heaviest thing I know of for certain are two bags at work, each of which were carrying about 40 pounds of clay bricks. However, I think moving my bed up a flight of stairs was possibly the heaviest thing I've ever lifted/moved.

My boyfriend's couch. I accidentally hit him in the face with it when I dropped it, because it's so heavy and there's no place to get a really good grip. And it barely fits through the door. I finally told him he's gonna hafta get someone stronger then me to help him, but I'll help him out lifting other stuff.

Edited by Leave a Whisper

Either a treadmill from my dad's place or a sizeable chunk of a boat ramp at work.

Evidently the boat ramp was designed for attack crafts to run full speed up into and the parts of it were all at least 200lbs.