Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Things you look for in plushies

Foxy Socks

What are things you look for on plushies? What don't like in them? As on, what designs, materials, quality, etc. I like the more accurate ones, without any weird spaghetti mane, like some of the official ones have. I also like having two cutie marks, but again, many official ones only have one.

I have the 4DE and 12 inch plushies (3). They are Shining Armor (12 inch, whomever made it), Rainbow Dash, and Fluttershy (both 4DE).

The 4D plushies are the best in my opinion. The look exactly like the characters.

Some other plushies looks good but still not as great as the 4Ds.

I've got a princess twilight plushie and she looks great.

I don't know if she's from 4D but she looks very close the show.

post-39706-0-69897100-1482627744_thumb.png

Edited by leonbrony17
  • Brohoof 2

I mainly look for the funrise plushies. They're soft and can be quite cuddly if you take care of them. They also last a long time as I have had my Vinyl Scratch plushie for 4 years and I haven't had a single problem out of her. 

For me, it's:

Cuddliness, softness, and the life it has.  

Edited by lazyfireball7889

• 2 weeks later...

if it's officially licensed/mass produced, then it's obvious that i want them to be show accurate.
as for custom made ones, it's hard to find poorly done plushies.
but on things for sure, they need to have some size and soft fabric.
the size because hugging a hand sized plushie isn't the same as a pillow sized one, and softer fabric only means softer snuggles.

i do have a tiny Pinkie and pretty big Dashie, it's obvious which one i prefer to hug when going to bed, so yeah, laugh at me too :P

• 2 weeks later...

as long as the hasbro plushies look like ponies and dont have melting faces, then ok I'll buy it. The worst ones ive seen so far have been the Read With Rainbow Dash toys. she looks more duck faced than pony =/ 

custom plushwise, as long as long as the shape is good, I'll be interested. Im also drawn to the beanies and plushies with poses. my two have poses are sitting and rearing (omg i have to get a rearing one sometime)

i really dont like the glow in the dark ones that have been popping up. They work on Nightmare Moon and i guess the Fallout Equestria stuff but they shouldnt be on the other canon pony plushies. =/ 

I often like plushies of characters that you don't see often. 

I love to go to the Comic Cons and get 4th Dimension plushies like Discord, and Chrysalis. 

I also like the brushables which is why I collect the BAB plushies too. 

• 1 month later...

I collect the Build a Bear ones, but I've recently been really digging the 4th Dimension ones. I wish I could find the Luna or Big Mac ones  :mellow:

• Brohoof 1

As long as they're accurate depictions of the ponies and they're soft and squishable, I'm happy. Also I don't want any hard parts or sharp angles that might bother me when I'm sleeping with them. If they have comb-able manes that get tangled up, that's okay. At least I won't be the only one waking up looking like that.  :rarity:

• Brohoof 1