Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Eager to go to Everfree Northwest, any tips on the cost?

ShadowSJG

Hi, here. I've heard that 2017 is the upcoming ever free northwest and I really want to go with my brother as it will be my our first convention.  However, ˆI'm kind of worried about the cost as me and my brother are both first year uni students and live in Canada and the whole thing is pricy such as going to airport, finding a place to stay, etc. I was wondering, does anyone have any tips regarding prices or something like that?

My sister and I went last year and it was our first convention. I have already booked our 2017 trip.

The number one thing I made sure I did before booking anything was to go to Google Map and locate the Double Tree Hotel by Seattle-Tacoma International Airport. I wanted to know ahead of time (1) where the convention was at, (2) how to get there and (3) what other establishments such as hotels and restaurants were in the area.

The second thing I made sure was I wanted everything I needed to be within walking distance. The Double Tree Hotel is right down the street from Seattle-Tacoma International Airport. There are over a dozen hotels within three blocks of the Double Tree. Most of them have shuttles that run to and from the airport so no need for a taxi or renting a car. There are at least 6 eating places both sit-down and fast-food within a block of the con. 

I don't know about booking flights because we drove, but for hotels I use one of the big online travel agencies. The sooner you book the better. The closer it gets to May 12th the harder it is to get a room because with 3000+ bronies and all of the other tourists visiting Seattle, the rooms fill up very fast. The con is on South 188th Street so get a hotel near there. The two of us stay at the Quality Inn for less then $100US a night which includes tax. It may only be 2.5 star hotel but I would rather save money for the con itself.

The con itself. The standard 3-day pass is $70 ($60 if you register before New Year's Day), photos with cast members $10 (I believe), autographs $20, and if you are made of money then lunch or supper with the voice actors is $250. The vendor hall ranges from $1 for buttons to $$$ for custom made jewelry. The charity auction starts on Friday as a silent auction and the best pieces are featured in a 2 hour live auction Saturday afternoon. Even if you are not planning on buying anything, it is fun to watch. Low-end at the live auction is about $40, high-end can be over $2000.The MLP collectible card game runs a couple of tournaments with a entry fee of $10 or $20 for boosters.

The free stuff. If they keep the same schedule as 2016, the events and panels should start at 10 AM Friday and end at 4 PM Sunday. Ponystock is two free nights of fan concerts from 7 PM until 2 AM Friday and Saturday. Cosplay contest on Saturday. The electronic gaming room is free and is opened 24 hours a day with tons of consoles and games, The MLP card game has free tutorials plus a free booster. Stop by the Interplay booth to get a free con exclusive foil trading card.

I hope that this information is helpful. Say hi if you see me there, I will be wearing a t-shirt of Cadance as the Queen of Diamonds which I may get signed by Britt McKillip.

post-36506-0-77188300-1482657610_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 1