Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What kind of music do you wish the MLP Film would have?

cider float

Pop style like the kind of Equestria Girls had?

I would want to hear a more adventureous kind of music for the MLP movie. The OST of this movie should be awesome. I'm thinking some Disneyesque songs will be in it as well. I think EPIC is another word I'm looking for for the kind of music I hope it has. 

• Brohoof 3

Well the show has done Disney like musical numbers before:

as well as just large numbers meant to have a feeling like actual musicals:

Basically the music will most likely be similar to what we get, but on a bigger scale due to new resources and a larger budget, and given what the show has already done with its music, I think things are going to be just fine.

Edited by cmarston1
  • Brohoof 2

If we're doing an "I wish" thing, I would want there to be some rock, maybe even some heavy metal in there.

There should be a scene like this in there somewhere. No Idea what would lead to this, or how to move from it, but it'd be pretty awesome.

Edited by Vulon Bii
  • Brohoof 1

An epic orchestral music, and if it has a beautiful choir, better. Perhaps the music used for the official Guardians of Harmony is one pf them :huh:?

The GOH soundtrack sounds very generic and computerized. An actual live score should/will sound far more authentic.

If we're doing an "I wish" thing, I would want there to be some rock, maybe even some heavy metal in there.

There should be a scene like this in there somewhere. No Idea what would lead to this, or how to move from it, but it'd be pretty awesome.

I wouldn't mind a rock song or two mixed in (like Black Sabbath's paranoid) but not as the basis of the soundtrack.

The GOH soundtrack sounds very generic and computerized. An actual live score should/will sound far more authentic.

Maybe that was like a draft, but it's been confirmed that the pony movie's music will be fully orchestrated, so that one concern less  :proud:

I don't mind any kind of music so long as Will Anderson and Daniel Ingram continue doing what they do best. I would like to see at least one song utilize the same pop music that Equestria Girls is known for, but no more than that otherwise it would be seen as oversaturation and could be a detriment to other types of music composition.

Like the series, there's nothing wrong with with a variety of styles, even dubstep, which was used in Slice of Live.  And, like others have said, pleeease, no pop celeb singers.  That would just ruin the whole vide.

This entire freaking board

>NO DON''T USE THIS MUSIC I DON'T LIKE IT'LL TURN AWAY EVERYONE

>THEY SHOULD TOTALLY HAVE SAUCY PARTS THOUGH

Of course everyone gets bitchy about how they don't want music that the target audience likes and the show has been using for a while now. By we gotta attract the audience that's never even gonna bother with the movie to begin with!

PLEASE NO POP MUSIC!!!!

It was one of the things that held back the Equestria Girls film and will turn away hoards of audiences.

We need Disney-esque musical numbers with a Pixar-esque score.

Yeah that definitely turned away people from Rainbow Rocks...oh wait that's one of the FiM's most popular soundtracks
  • Brohoof 2

This entire freaking board

>NO DON''T USE THIS MUSIC I DON'T LIKE IT'LL TURN AWAY EVERYONE

>THEY SHOULD TOTALLY HAVE SAUCY PARTS THOUGH

Of course everyone gets bitchy about how they don't want music that the target audience likes and the show has been using for a while now. By we gotta attract the audience that's never even gonna bother with the movie to begin with!

Yeah that definitely turned away people from Rainbow Rocks...oh wait that's one of the FiM's most popular soundtracks

And it still sucked.

In fact up to Legend of Eveefree the Equestria Girls series has had some of the most ear grating songs ever made.

I mean seriously? "This is our big night"? "Na na na na na na na"? "I'm gonna be myself no matter what I do"? Are you kidding me with these lyrics?

And I don't blame Daniel Ingram one bit. With Unleash the Magic and most of the LOE soundtrack it's clear that he wants to make memorable music but Hasbro says otherwise for the most part.

I'm sick of people here being content with mediocrity. For a theatrical film you best be putting forth your best effort. Having glam pop songs about fashion runways won't impress people.

Edited by TheAnimatorOfficial

And it still sucked.

In fact up to Legend of Eveefree the Equestria Girls series has had some of the most ear grating songs ever made.

I mean seriously? "This is our big night"? "Na na na na na na na"? "I'm gonna be myself no matter what I do"? Are you kidding me with these lyrics?

And I don't blame Daniel Ingram one bit. With Unleash the Magic and most of the LOE soundtrack it's clear that he wants to make memorable music but Hasbro says otherwise for the most part.

I'm sick of people here being content with mediocrity. For a theatrical film you best be putting forth your best effort. 

Or, you know, people simply like the EQG music just fine. And just accept the fact that a lot of people enjoy those soundtracks

But what am I saying? Of course our right and you know what's best for the movie and everyone who enjoys those music is an idiot who has no idea what good music is

Having glam pop songs about fashion runways won't impress people. 

Funny you say that considering "Life is a Runway" is loved by many in the fandom in general

• Brohoof 2

Or, you know, people simply like the EQG music just fine. And just accept the fact that a lot of people enjoy those soundtracks

But what am I saying? Of course our right and you know what's best for the movie and everyone who enjoys those music is an idiot who has no idea what good music is

Funny you say that considering "Life is a Runway" is loved by many in the fandom in general

But guess what? Contrary to what the people here want to believe this movie is not made primarily for Bronies (nor should it be). General Audiences are appalled by crappy pop music. Sorry.

But guess what? Contrary to what the people here want to believe this movie is not made primarily for Bronies (nor should it be). General Audiences are appalled by crappy pop music. Sorry.

No one's said that, but your the one constantly saying that the movie should go out of its way to appeal to an audience that's not even gonna bother with this movie

Oh and by the way

Sia Furler as Songbird Serenade, a "pop star" pegasus.[13] The character's design is modeled after Sia's facially obscured stage persona.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Little_Pony:_The_Movie_(2017_film)#Cast

Edited by Megas

No one's said that, but your the one constantly saying that the movie should go out of its way to appeal to an audience that's not even gonna bother with this movie

Why not? What's the harm in getting more people to want to see your movie? Think McFly, think!  :)

Sia Furler as Songbird Serenade, a "pop star" pegasus.[13] The character's design is modeled after Sia's facially obscured stage persona.

There's a difference between having a pop song like Try Everything mixed in and having a soundtrack comprised primarily of soulless, electro crap like in the first three EG films.

Orchestral, or orchestral-ish would be preferred, and I doubt otherwise will happen. As for musical numbers it doesn't matter too much as long as the songs themselves are quality. The first EqG suffered a tad from this, but Rainbow Rocks seemed to hit a good balance. However, if the theme of the movie is related to some sort of adventure, I doubt we'll get anything to rock or pop; at least for most of the film.

~Snip snip snip snip~ *adds all comments and opinions together* ~snip snip snip~

Or we could you know... wait and hate the songs after they appear in the film and you have heard them and run out of the theater ears bleeding. By now I am pretty sure the soundtrack is already decided upon and made and just has to finish being worked in. So whether it is pop music, orchestral, death metal or Kentucky bluegrass it is pretty much out of our hands. Having a tirade over what will or will not kill the film is a bit futile at this point. That being said, I don't think the music or songs will make or break this film no matter what... unless the film is a musical in disguise and it is a truly atrocious one, then Celestia help us all.

Personally I just want a good score that sets the mood of the film. I am all for some good songs, but I am not going to go to a movie to listen to the music anyway, A great or poor soundtrack will not necessarily help or hinder a really awesome or really terrible film overall for me (unless of course it was just so terrible my ears literally drag me out of the theater under their own power). I do think a mix of some "fun" songs with some moving songs like Pixar and Disney would be a nice mix though.