Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general What is snow like where you live?

CastletonSnob

Your not missing out on much snow is not that great in my opinion it may look pretty when it first falls, but then you have to shovel it, the plows come back and place all the snow back where you shoveled, its cold, there's ice and slush black ice being the worst since its well hidden and well the snow does not stay white forever so that nice pretty view soon turns brown, yellow, grey or a mix of all 3 and then you may be smacked in the face by hail when it snows, blizzards you have to dodge icicles due to you open your door and here they come right on your head bam they don't care who's coming through the door they will fall right on you don't forget the plows will take you out there has been cases where people and dogs were hit by plows and the snow gets hard so if you fall on it, it will cut you and hurt so snow is a very dangerous time.

Edited by chaosprincess
  • Brohoof 3

You gotta be joking. It does snow in the south, it's just late. Give it about 6-8 weeks.

Depends on where you live. Even where I live which is South-Central US, we're getting really gimped out of snow as of late. The most we saw last year couldn't even count as a dusting. This year we got less than an inch so far. Today it's 70 degrees with a chance of severe thunderstorms.

The truth is from what I've seen, generally if we don't see anything significant by the end of December, there isn't going to be anything. That's the way it has been in recent years. The winter of 2010/2011 was a noticeable exception. But this "give it 6-8 weeks" is nonsense. In 6-8 weeks it'll be Spring, and the hopes of any winter storm of any significance will become very grim.

• Brohoof 1

Unless you like dealing with cold temperatures and having to clean your driveway at least six times during the season, then I say you should be glad that you don't get any snow.

I live in the south and we have not seen snow in years, and nothing actually truly significant when we have seen it. It is to the point where I am more likely to see the mane 6 march down the street in front of my house before I ever see snow again it seems.

In 6-8 weeks it'll be Spring, and the hopes of any winter storm of any significance will become very grim.

The given timeframe pretty much encompasses February. The last couple of years, there has been almost no snow in January, while there have been snowstorms in February.

Edited by Vulon Bii

Snow is literal frozen hell raining from the sky, here to fuck with you, your roads, your driveway, your house, and basically everything else. It's cold, it's wet, and it sucks. Don't ever experience snow.

Snow is literal frozen hell raining from the sky, here to fuck with you, your roads, your driveway, your house, and basically everything else. It's cold, it's wet, and it sucks. Don't ever experience snow.

Doesn't mean you can't have any fun in the snow.

Edited by Vulon Bii

The given timeframe pretty much encompasses February. The last couple of years, there has been almost no snow in January, while there have been snowstorms in February.

February is pretty much Spring where I live. And I live in South-central US. I can not imagine what it's like even further South. In 2011 we got hit with a whole bunch of snow in early February and shattered overall record lows, but that's only once in a blue moon. By the time February rolls around my hope for a winter storm has really died down. Days where it hits the 60s become the default by February.

Snow can be a royal pain in the butt. Even when you live in somewhere like Canada, drivers still somehow forget every year how to handle icy and snowy roads. Sometimes I adjust my plans accordingly to the weather, especially when it comes to bad snowstorms approaching after sundown. Snow can reduce your visibility so much when there aren't any streetlights on the road and you can only rely on your headlights.

On the other hand though, it can be really pretty and make for some great pictures. It's also way better than summer heat waves.

What is snow like? 

Snow is just snow. I trust you know what it IS. Living with it is pretty similar to living with other adverse weather conditions. The exception with snow is that it tends to linger longer than say, rain. After a rainy day, it's wet for a little bit but then dries. Once snow sticks, even if it doesn't snow for another few days, it's going to stay. You do have to work around it a bit very often, makes the roads dangerous very often, ice tends to form and make even walking risky if you live on a hill. (Speaking from experience.) Of course even as I'm typing this I'm up at the mountains with skis resting in the closet waiting to be used. So there are fun things that can be done with it. 

Surprisingly, Arkansas frequently has at least 1 good snow storm a year, usually in January or February. Had a white Christmas 3-4 years ago, pure magic. I personally love snow so much, I'm actually planning on moving to Canada later in life.

Edited by Rulerofblocks

Snow if a lot of fun. I live in an area that gets decent snow but not as much as farther up north, and last year we got hit with that insane snowstorm. It's beautiful and is so calming... That is, until you have to go and shovel it, and then drive on horrible roads :lol:  But it's comfy to stay inside and chill or go out in the snow to just mess around.

• Brohoof 1

I live in Southern Cal now so i don't see much snow unless I travel to the mountains for it. But I've lived in lots of places with heavy snow, like Massachusetts, and it snowed a LOT. I love to play in the snow, but shoveling it and trying to drive in it sucks! If someone could put a little non-stick surfacing on the roads I'd be fine with it. 

• Brohoof 1