Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Drug episode.

CastletonSnob

Not sure about addiction, but they have referenced drugs multiple times 

(Season 1) (Bridle Gossip) The Poison Joke 

(Season 2) (Hearts and Hooves Day) Love Poison 

(Season 6) (Every Little Thing She Does) The Mane 5 have a hangover near the end of the episode and it's heavily implied that the spells Starlight cast on them were like hypnotic drugs in a way. 

Twilight- I finally untangled that mess of a spell, it was really powerful stuff. They're gonna feel that in the morning. 

Cider is an almost exclusively alcoholic beverage in some countries so you can also count any episode that mentions cider.

I mean I guess Rainbow Dash kinda got addicted to reading in Read it and Weep.

If they did decide to do an episode about addiction I would like to see how it would play out though. I mean It's an unlikely idea but not an Impossible idea that's completely off the table.

• Brohoof 2

I feel like Inspiration Manifestation was the closest we have gotten so far, but I am sure we can get a proper episode about some kind of addiction. Wouldn't it be reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally interesting to get some kind of episode focusing on the end of Bats!? Like, Fluttershy could still be addicted to apples and no other pony would know at the time. Then we could get a moral lesson about excess but it doesn't have to put Flutter's character in an overly bad light. Works out in the end.

• Brohoof 2

Not sure about addiction, but they have referenced drugs multiple times 

(Season 1) (Bridle Gossip) The Poison Joke 

(Season 2) (Hearts and Hooves Day) Love Poison 

(Season 6) (Every Little Thing She Does) The Mane 5 have a hangover near the end of the episode and it's heavily implied that the spells Starlight cast on them were like hypnotic drugs in a way. 

Twilight- I finally untangled that mess of a spell, it was really powerful stuff. They're gonna feel that in the morning. 

Cider is an almost exclusively alcoholic beverage in some countries so you can also count any episode that mentions cider.

I mean I guess Rainbow Dash kinda got addicted to reading in Read it and Weep.

If they did decide to do an episode about addiction I would like to see how it would play out though. I mean It's an unlikely idea but not an Impossible idea that's completely off the table.

I mean where characters stage an intervention. 

I mean where characters stage an intervention. 

... sounds to me like you just want a TV-Y version of Party.mov 

If you want a full fledged addiction with negative effects an intervention and everything, I don't think you are going to find it here. If they did a plot involving addiction there would only be so much they could do before issues would arise. If an episode wanted to do everything you seem to want here, they would have to be crazy clever about it. 

I don't know. As I said, it's unlikely.

Do you think the show would ever do something like a drug episode? Maybe a character could get addicted to something like candy or cider, which could be a metaphor for drug addiction. 

Even if the subject is done with allegories, I think the subject itself it far too risque for FiM :huh:

Everyone seems to forget that MLP is a kid show targeted primarily at a young audience, and it seems not only inappropriate rating wise for an episode surrounding drug themes to be made as that could potentially see MLP lose its TV-Y rating (Which I presume Hasbro would be very intent on maintaining), but also against Hasbro's aim of focusing issues seen on MLP to issues that would affect young children. 

• Brohoof 1

This is TVY.  They've already pushed the envelope about as far as they can.  S2, The Super Speedy ...6000 episode, they used cider to imply beer & hinted at Dash being an alcoholic (or at least on her way to a drinking problem).  I point to the scene where she is scrabbling in the dirt for a spilled drink.

They've already had to censor that episode in some countries so IMO they can't go much farther & keep their TVY rating

I wouldn't be surprised if they had a Cowboy-Bebop-esque Mushroom Samba of their very own.
They came pretty close with the whole Apple Cider incident and the introduction of the Flim Flam brothers.

No. The show is not a reflection for real life and as such does not need to deal with all of the same issues and problems of it. We have already had episodes that sort of skirt the general idea in a sense, but what people seem to want is an episode where pony X gets horribly addicted to crack (or the Equestria version of it) and ruins their life as well as that of their friendships, in which an "intervention" needs to be staged, in this case it would be singing a song and magically make it all better and ready for the next episode next week.

It does not work like that and the show should not try to make it work like that. I am all for the show touching on some maturity and seriousness now and again, but there are some topics that just do not belong and any attempt by the show to tackle them would just end up leaving a bad taste in most people mouths if not making a mockery of it all together.

• Brohoof 2

That's a subject Hasbro would immediately shoot down if the writers were to bring it up to them as a suggestion. The best that they could do is to make sutble references that don't necessarily relate to the subject of drugs. Going too far would only result in Hasbro's higher-ups coming down on them.