Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Mane In Green - Landscapes

Mane In Green

Hi everyone!

Here's the latest track I've made! As for every of my songs, there's a tiny little story coming with it. Here it is :

"Sometimes Twilight Sparkle likes to have a rest enjoying a beautiful landscape from Equestria. But be careful not to overthink Princess!"

https://youtu.be/u5wI6QVCjUU

As this is my first post in Fan Music, just a few words about Mane In Green : 

I've started making MLP fan music in early november. There are remixes of official songs and instrumental tracks inspired by artworks from the fandom.

PS : my favorite color is red, even if I'm green, and I don't like green, but I fully assume this name's choice.  :awuh:

Voilà!  :grin:

I hope some of you will enjoy, and every feedback is welcome!  :P

Edited by Mane In Green

Ok.

It's an ok listen. However, the biggest thing that put a damper on your piece was that you limited yourself to the I and the V for 90% of the piece knowing this piece is in the key of C major. Towards the end, I see you shifted to c minor and scrambled everywhere else ending in D major. To be honest, the chords really did not mix together well. I suggest you use a steady 4 chord progression and maybe modulate if you want to keep the modulation. Here are some suggestions

I-V-vi-IV

I-IV-V-vi

vi-IV-V-I

There are many more progressions you can use. If you want to modulate or change keys, use the vi of D, which is b, move one step down to the V which is A, and then resolve to the I, D. A rising noise sweep would work here.

In terms of your sounds, I see you had pads but they sounded like fat and porky leads, probably because you had a plucked lead right on each note of the moving warm pad. I would insert a plucked lead lick every now and then. Make sure the plucked lead isn't too fat-sounding. BPM delay as an effect would work with it as well. That music box plucked lead was great. However, instead of only having it run on 9th chords, give it a soft and unique melody. Some polysynth strings would work perfectly with this song.

In terms of percussion, I would not use it at all in this piece. It gives it unecessary drive that takes away from the atmosphere and emotion this piece is conveying. The only thing you can do is put a reverberated kick only after a noise sweep rise. Make sure the kick has depth and solidness.

All in all, this piece needs quite a bit of work and a possible redo. Don't be discouraged from my critique. I was once where you were. PM me if you have any questions about my critique.