Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Regent's Art

Regent

Drawn yesterday:

post-38988-0-72367800-1482782418_thumb.jpg

Regent's my OC. He's a small blue Ice Unicorn, from some as of yet defined area north of the Crystal Empire. My preferred version of him exists in the Sombra timeline as seen in the Season 5 finale. It is in this one that he becomes an evil engineer and collaborator.

His assistant and friend is a robot named Pascal (posted to the wrong forum I guess). I'm writing a story for them in which he escapes that timeline, enters the main timeline, and causes problems.

Evil or not, (realistic or not), he's not immune to the holiday spirit, and so wishes everyone a Merry (late) Christmas and a Happy New Years.

• Brohoof 4

Resuming an old project...

Regent is intentionally short and muscular. Originally he wasn't supposed to have powers either, but I figured it would be better if his ability remained somewhat magical, just highly specialized. He builds two things that I know of so far: the android Pascal, and a toroidal flying "fortress" with an oscillating ball of fire in it's center.

His hair needs work. I'm still trying to decide if I want polygon hair or realistic hair.

post-38988-0-02346000-1483171332.gif

Edited by Regent
  • Brohoof 2

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, just a little bit (the snow, broken horn, and crystals), everything else is Zbrush and Photoshop. InkScape was used for the cutie mark.

...I'm currently trying to find a way to depict his fusion powered airship in a way that fits within the MLP universe. When I figure that out I'll post it here, but I'll probably take a break from this first. My vision for the character barely fits within MLP at all, and I have to seriously think about whether or not I want to continue with this idea, lighten it up to fit the show, or take the idea and build my own universe around it.

• 1 month later...
(edited)

I'm still working. Now he's in Blender, and I've gotta figure out how to rig him properly. What I do after that I don't know. Model show characters, or other people's OCs I guess.

post-38988-0-35486200-1489642116_thumb.jpg

Edited by Regent

• 4 weeks later...

This is still on-going. I feel the need to re-do some things, but I'm putting that off for now in favor of re/learning how to rig stuff in Blender.

Regent170401r.thumb.jpg.787544158dde2f95c60817e119a05efe.jpg

I am re-working Pascal though. I might even pull him out of my fan-fic and make him his own thing. In which case, updates won't be posted here.
58ec505136c62_PascalConcept3-2.thumb.jpg.ff1e57bac0266bcfde8b14ca85e01a98.jpg

• 4 weeks later...