Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general How Would You Rate Your 2016 Year?

CastletonSnob

10/10

Trump happened, Brexit happened, Aleppo happened, so I am feeling rather positive about this year, as I am sure the next one will be good. Hoping for a Le Pen victory as my next 10/10 for 2017 :P

Otherwise I am just really pleased with my success in school as I only seem to be doing better and better with each semester :D 

• Brohoof 7

the beginning of the year... many famous people died... then at the end ish end of the year trump got elected... so 2/10 :wat:

• Brohoof 2

I would have given this year a 6/10. But after my grandmother's death, after all that self-harming I've been doing, after ending up in a psychiatric ward for a little while, after losing someone that I have so much feelings for to someone else, I'm giving it a 4/10. Or even 3/10.

If it goes on like this I'll just die :(  :(  :(

This is by far one of my best years ever. 9/10. Minus a point for all the sleep I haven't gotten over the year thanks to weird work scheduling. :P

I've gotten two game consoles, at least fifty games, watched a couple dozen anime and generally had a good time every day, all day. You can't get much better than all that.

Professionally: 10/10. I made 66.3k, which is 10k more than I've ever made before, and I'm easily surviving as a single income earner in CT. In fact, I'm buying a car next week. 

post-9014-0-25366800-1482812942_thumb.jpg

(hint: it's a Subaru)

(hint 2: aren't I such an MS Paint pro?)

Personally: 0/10 Every other thought is of wanting to die. I'm so profoundly exhausted. I'm so tired. I'm so burned out. The past few months in particular have been surreal and breathtaking. I just plain give up. I'm so deeply and irreparably disgusted and disappointed in humanity, and I no longer want any part of it. 

5/10

There's been recent attacks in Nice, Belgium and today Germany. I honestly wish Merkel would be impeached by next year for allowing an influx of migrants invading Europe, which did more harm than good. Not to mention the recent spikes in crime in the states, too. If things don't improve when 2017 arrives, then its not gonna get any better. In fact, its gradually going to get worse as a result of poor governmental decisions to their own people.

Overall taking all the events it was pretty shit/10, celebrity deaths, the worst election season within recent memory, Europe and the US going straight to Hell, Season 6 sucking, to name a few

But personally? Finally got a job AND my Driver's License so I can't really say it was too bad

EDIT: oh, and gaming wasn't too bad either

EDIT 2: Oh yeah, and Leonardo getting an Oscar is cool too

EDIT 3: 2016 just took Carrie Fisher from us

2016 can go fuck right the fuck off with a rusty pike

Edited by Megas

It was a great year for me. Met new people whom I now consider close friends (and 3 of 'em are family to me <3), I've been doing better and better in college, worked on some issues I had with confidence and positivity (or rather, lack of), generally got things done and had personal improvements all-around. :) I also remember reading how the Ozone Layer showed signs of healing itself, which is pretty good news~

Not to say this year was perfect and had no issues at all, but the number of positives that happened to me greatly outweigh the number of negatives, so I'd rate it a 10 outta 10.

• Brohoof 3

I'd say that 2016 was a 7/10 for me.

There were multiple rocky patches this year, which took a huge toll on my mood and outlook on life. This was definitely not one of the better years!

Despite all of this year's challenges, however, I feel that I have become a better person because of it. I notice that I am speaking up for myself more, and feel that I am better equipped to handle difficult situations. Aside from feelings of personal improvement, there were many positive things that happened this year! One of them is significantly improving in artwork. :)

I'm pretty ready for this year to end, and am greatly looking forward to 2017 and all of the opportunities it will present! ^^

• Brohoof 2

Hard to say but I'll put it at 9/10.  All the political stuff was fun to watch even if it was painful at times.  The day Trump got elected was one of my favorite out of the whole year just to see peoples reactions from it.  A lot of stuff happened in my life like getting a full time job and going to University.  Not plesent experiences at all but they were necessary steps in my life so at least I know that my life is moving forwards and I can handle the changes that are to come.

• Brohoof 3

"Waaaaaaah! A person who doesn't agree with my political opinions got elected! I'm gonna keep calling anyone who disagrees with me an evil racist and state that this year was worse than 1942, that will win more people over to my cause!"

JK

8/10 for me.

The universe didn't explode, We Are Number One became a meme and helped a man with his cancer, Overwatch was released, I'm hearing that ISIS is losing ground in the middle east, SpaceX shows promise for getting us off this rock, Vaporwave got more popular, I didn't die and Usain Bolt continues to be the fastest man alive.

• Brohoof 5

10/10

Trump happened, Brexit happened, Aleppo happened, so I am feeling rather positive about this year, as I am sure the next one will be good. Hoping for a Le Pen victory as my next 10/10 for 2017 :P

Spot on, brother.

We won big. As someone mixed with both British and Spanish ancestry I celebrate both Brexit and the fact that the far-left got absolutely and massively BTFO'ed in Spain even if the English-speaking press barely commented this. We had a minor setback in Austria, but I think we can already say goodbye to the repulsive good-for-nothing EURSS no one likes. I preferred to use Pounds when I lived in England, the Euro is trash.

I can still feel their butthurt from miles away. Beautiful.

2016 was pretty great to me. I start a philology in 2017 and I think I'll enjoy a lot becoming a College student. I'm also excited about trying Boxing for the first time as Hajime no Ippo fan, even though it worries me getting punched in the jaw since I recently had oral surgery.

• Brohoof 3

Well, lets see... a lot of bad things happened. Brexit, Trump's election, multiple terror attacks, the rise of nationalism worldwide and numerous celebrity deaths. They're all big things, but overall the death of my mother has the biggest tragedy in a year known for it, it means this year is one that I will look back on with contempt. If my Mum's passing happened on its own it would make a year look quite bad, add everything else on and you've got not just the worst year I've ever lived in, but arguably the worst year this world has had in a long time. Sure I got some freelance work and there have been some good games and films out, alongside some good sport and TV, but nothing earth shattering... well except for Leicester's title win.

So yeah, I'm happy this wretched year is coming to an end, let it rot. 2/10

• Brohoof 1

Even ignoring all the awful things that happened this year not involving me, I would still rate this year a 4/10. My mental illness finally reached a point where I was unable to live with it anymore, I left my job because of it, and there were more than a few days where I forcibly dragged myself through the day, not even wanting to get out of bed. Good news is I finally sought help for it, so 2017 is looking up right now.

Personally: 0/10 Every other thought is of wanting to die. I'm so profoundly exhausted. I'm so tired. I'm so burned out. The past few months in particular have been surreal and breathtaking. I just plain give up. I'm so deeply and irreparably disgusted and disappointed in humanity, and I no longer want any part of it. 

I once said almost the exact same thing.

Then I tried to do something really stupid.

After, I progressively crawled back out of that hole and tried to at least make myself better.

And now-a-days I'm more or less a hermit.

Ya win some battles and you lose some battles.

Never give up, Never surrender.

All Will Be Well.

• Brohoof 2

About a 5/10

Some decent things happened, but so did a lot of BS and personal stuff that really dragged it down. It was hardly the worst year I have been through, but neither was it particularly good. Hoping for a better one next year.

Let's see:

Good:

High School Graduation

Gained some Independence

Some Americans finally realized what we really need in politics. (Some, but not enough).

Bad:

Donald Trump ELECTED PotUS... Congratulations America! You may have screwed yourself more than maybe I can imagine!

Broke a good keyboard

VR Games becoming more popular...

Still don't have a job...

My dad got a really stupid dog

Britain's exit from the EU (I'm not in UK, I know). But I can't stand that some people are willing to scrap their own economy just to spite the left.

TF2 community got way worse (because of one update that wasn't even that bad...).

I have gotten NOTHING accomplished.

America's STILL in the Middle East after 13 years that should obviously tell you it's dumb to not leave (You can see politics this year have been frustrating for me).

(Probably MUCH more...)

So yeah, it was AWFUL. The past couple of months have been particularly horrible...

Must... be... friendly...

Hnnnggg

I do not believe that's possible for a supporter of a stone-hearted billionaire who's a fraudulent xenophobe that only cares about the lining of his pockets. Congratulations America, you've elected a cutpurse fascist scumbag that will completely scrap American values and put us on the fast track for retrogression... Possibly might have sealed your fate as well...

Edited by TwillyFSniper
  • Brohoof 1