Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Who's Looking Forward to Next Year?

Lucky Bolt

After the mess that was 2016, I'm certainly looking forward to next year. 2017 promises Persona 5, Voltron: Legendary Defender Season 2, MLP Season 7, the MLP movie and the Equestria Girls specials, which already makes it better than this year by a far margin. 

• Brohoof 1

I certainly am! There are some Marvel movies that I definitely can't wait to see. ;) I also believe I can make next year even better than this one, as far as my personal life is concerned. ^^

• Brohoof 1

Im not really looking forward.

Next year will be horrible, like last year, i know it.

Im even more bored than usual, more stressed at home and if im unlucky, i have to continue my life with being sick all the time.

What a great life.

Meeeeeeee!!!!

Not that this was a bad year for me. The whole "2016 sucked" thing is just a meme in my eyes. Yeah sure, we've lost some incredible people this year. I lost an old friend to cancer less than a month ago. But death is a part of life. Without one, the other cannot exist. Sadly, death is something that we have to deal with every year.

I'm really looking forward to stuff like the MLP movie, Season 2 of Voltron: Legendary Defender, more Marvel movies, and Star Wars Episode IX. One of my favorite bands, U2, will probably release their next album within the next few months. I've been waiting eagerly for it since they first announced it in 2014 on the same day that they dropped their last album. Also I just want to get started on the new semester already! I miss college. :/

Edited by Prospekt
  • Brohoof 2

I sure am looking forward for the new year! :D There's that MLP movie that I've been waiting for planning to come out soon, I have my own new years resolutions that I'm very eager to get to work on, and I'm very much looking forward to seeing what this year brings and what might happen. :) I hope this year gets to be better than last year, though. :rarity:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking forward to 2017 with a lot of hope and optimism. I'm finally getting long overdue surgery so I'll hopefully be in better shape once I've recovered. I'm very excited about that. I'm going to be starting fresh in a lot of ways, which means maybe a different job (scary but remember, we're being optimistic here!), seeing new places and becoming closer to my special friends and family. Overall, I'm looking to increase productivity, creativity, maybe a little romance and, oh yeah, lots and lots of toys. (What can I say? I like toys!)  :proud:

Yeah, my parents have plans to renovate our old home in San Jose in a few months. It'll be repainted and we'll get solar panels and a Powerwall set up. Also getting my driver's license later this year and a new MLP season.

I don't really expect people who are complaining about how bad 2016 was to say 2017 is any better, because as far as I know we're going to get a good four long years of complaints and rants.

Edited by Minccino

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

I tend to not look forward to anything in the long term anymore. It tends to stress me out more than anything. Like the election this year. It is already a total shitshow and we don't even have the democratic nominee. The actual election and its pretty obvious eventual result will make me even more nihilistic than I am now.

So I tend to stick with looking forward to the small things in the short term.

(edited)

I am, actually. I'll be graduating college next year and moving in with my boyfriend. Next year is going to be a big one for me. I still got all of 2020 to finish first though. ^_^

Edited by Lucky Bolt

I notice now that I didn't mention anything about my own being in terms of this year. Reason for that is there's nothing to say. My life will be the same hopeless failure that it was every year to now. Who knows, maybe a meteor will fall to Earth and I'll be lucky enough for it to crush me directly. One can dream right?

• 7 months later...