Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who has the best accent - Rarity or Applejack?

Applejacket

Applejack would have the best accent, but the continual country-isms detract slightly. So Rarity.

Nah, I kid... it's just Rarity from the beginning.

She adopted her accent (contrast her parents') while AJ just perpetuated her family accent. Fitting, really, AJ is all about family, Rarity is all about standing out. But who do you respect more... a person who comes to their own conclusion about spirituality and religion and applies it in their daily life out of choice, or someone who just grew up in a religious family and took their beliefs wholesale from their parents?

• Brohoof 1

It's tough to say there, but I think I'll go with Applejack's voice. :D I really love her cute southern accent and hearing her phrases and style of talking in that accent of hers, although Rarity certainly has a lot of charm and elegance and a gorgeous accent to hear, too. :fluttershy:

Rarity

I don't like AJ's accent (or anything about her)

Why on earth not? But then again, we all have our own opinions about ponies we dislike. I don't like anything about Fluttershy or Rainbow Dash so i guess all's fair :)

As a native Philadelphian who has erased some (but not every) vestiges of my accent during grade school chasing a mid-atlantic variation ... I can state 100% Rarity for me.

I don't think rarity has an accent. So I'm gonna go with AJ.

Everyone has an accent. Rarity's is a variation of Mid-atlantic. Fhaolan once did a huge write up of it in a similar thread dedicated to Rarity's accent (June 2014 I believe).

• Brohoof 2

My vote goes to Rarity. Tabitha St. Germain is probably my favorite voice actress in the entire show. Her range is limitless! I always enjoy her performance whenever Rarity is on screen since she is so vibrant and expressive  :D. Plus, it's an accent that most of us have never heard before. I'm sure we've all heard a variation of AJ's southern accent at some point in our lives  :smug:.

Of course Trixie Lulamoon has the best accent!

But talking about this two, I would say that AJ's accent is more catchy ^-^ I noticed that I'm speaking with it too from time to time.  :toldya:

• Brohoof 2

I think I'd have to go with AJ's.

Though I think that's cause I'm biased for living in the south :P

SoHo, or Tribeca?

Three foals, trifecta

Dope money

Hope money

Hublot, my watch better

My pen's better

You don't write.

Trendsetter, you clone-like

Pay homage, or K's vomit.