Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private A Love Torn Apart (with Shadow Dancer)

Victoria Everglade

OOC here

@@Shadow Dancer,

Elera sighed happily as she had just finished the day of school and was going home to get ready for her date with Amion Valentine. The dire wolf boy she had known since she was a little kit and had grown to love over the many years they had spent together. She arrives at her home and opens the door to see her parents waiting for her "Is s-something wrong mum and dad?" she asks shakily.

Her father sighs "We're sorry Elera, but you're going to have to leave Amion, your father's work is sending him to work across state, and we're moving with him"

Here eyes tear up "B-but..how could you a-ask me t-to leave him!?" she exclaims and runs away to get ready "A-at le-least I'll have this l-last date"

• Brohoof 1

Amion jogged back to his home quite eager to change out of his ripped up jeans and a Tee-shirt that had seem better days. Today was the date they set up marking six months since he had first asked Elera out. He remembered his nervousness then, deathly afraid she would refuse and it would end their friendship. He still remembered his surprise when she accepted and even kissed him.

Amion opened the door to his house causing his father and mothers heads to turn, behind them were stacks of boxes. His father let out a sigh as he waved him over,  "Well son, I have some bad news. My boss just told me that they are shutting down the local manufacturing plant and everyone is getting laid off, only good news is he set me up for a job in another branch thanks to my engineering experience. More bad news is that we will have to move to Washington state. I know you hate this, especially moving away from Elera but this is the only way I can keep my job. If there was any other places hiring that would pay well enough to support us I'd take it but there's not."

Amion's father patted him on the back, "Go enjoy this last bit of time with Elera"

Amion nodded before heading up stairs to get changed. He understood the reason even respected his father for not sugarcoating it with bullshit, but he still hated it. Soon enough he was changed into some clean cloths and headed out the door to meet Elera and tell her about the news the spring in his step from earlier muted.

Elera sighed as she looked at the dress she chose to wear and slips it on "I hope..he likes what I am w-wearing, I c-can't believe I-I'm being forced t-to l-leave him" she says softly before she puts on a pair of heels and some nice jewelry, she would put some makeup on, but Amion always said he preferred her to not have makeup on. She smiles "Well at least they're giving me this last chance to be with him" she sighs softly as she goes down to the living room to wait for him to pick her up.

After a short walk, Amion arrived at Elera's home and knocked on the door. His remaining cheer almost entirely supported by the fact he could visit one last time. He tried to think of a way to break the news softly but he could not think of one. "So the direct approach it is, probably for the best." Amion muttered

Elera hears the knock and goes to it, she opens it "A-Amion!" she squees and hugs him tightly "Come in, m-my parents and I h-have some news w-we need to tell you" she says as she leads him inside, "please sit down, and I'm afraid i-it's bad news" she says softly

Her father nods and waits for him to sit down

Amion returns Elera's hug, and sits down on the couch, wondering what was going on and what the bad news was that had Elera so disheartened. "Okay so what's going on? It's probably best if we just get strait to the point." Indicus stated hoping to get this out of the way so he could give his news and spend one last day with Elera. 

Elera begun to speak but her father places a paw on her knee "I'm afraid I'm being transferred across state, which means we have to move. I'm sorry Amion, we know you and Elera truly love each other but..we just don't think a long distance relationship would be healthy for her and her studies"

Amion did not outwardly react in anyway for a long minute. Before he suddenly burst into laughter. It was an empty hollow laughter devoid of any mirth or joy. "This is ironic, my father had something similar just happen to him. I was figuring out how to say it to hopefully not cut as deep but that just went out of the window." Amion shook his head as he calmed down. "Well with the bad news out of the way. I would at least have one last date with Elera if you both don't mind." Amion left out saying that even if they disapproved they could fuck right off.

Elera's father nod "We don't mind Amion, it's the least we could do after this happening." he then couldn't help but chuckle "It is somewhat ironic yes, but it makes sense, your father's company and mine were connected" he says then smiles "You two have fun  now, try not to think about the future, but the now" he says and pats Elera on her leg who then gets up and kisses his cheek.

"I-I'll try daddy" she says softly before going to hug Amion

Amion returned the hug putting on a sad but somewhat hopeful smile. "Lets start with going to that overlook at the park we would always go to when we were kids, it had quite a view. If your hungry we could always get something on the way." Amion opened the door for Elera waving her through with a bow, "ladies first." 

She smiles "T-that sound perfect, and rather fitting, the overlook was where we met, w-wasn't it?" she asks as she leaves the house then links arms with him "And yes, we could pick some things up at the market, have a nice little picnic, would that be alright with you dear?"

Amion nodded "Yea it was, it was a place that we had a lot of firsts. So to the market to get some things for a nice picnic." Amion walked with Elera to the store where they got the things for the picnic and in about an hour total they arrived at the overlook.

It was peaceful with nobody but them there the sounds of nature and the faint sound of cars passing on the highway below. "Well here we are, the place where we first met, and the place we first kissed. I still remember our families both took us here by happenstance on the same day and same time. I decided to ask if you wanted to play tag, and it all started from there." Amion smiled enjoying the memory as he held Elera close to his chest.

Elera smiles and nods "I remember that day, it was the second happiest day of my life, only second to the day you asked me out." she says as she rests her head on his shoulder "Y-you will write to me won't you Amion? a-and visit?" she asks before leaning over and kissing him "If only we were older, then we could get a place of our own and we wouldn't have to be separated"

Amion brought he face close to hers the feeling of her kiss still present and invigorating, "I'll write as often as I can Elera and if I can I'll visit too." Amion gave Elera a kiss pouring out his heart into it  before separating. "Well I guess this is the hand we've been dealt so lets make the most out of today."

She smiles and wags her tail "Yes my love, lets make the most of this" she says as she begins to set out the picnic blanket and sits on it "Amion, what if...what if my family has to go further out of state? I d-don't want to be so far away from you" she then pounces him to the ground and kisses him deeply and passionately.

Amion was about to respond before the fox-otter hybrid that he dearly loved pounced him without warning and all he could see was her beautiful eyes looking into his, as he felt her lips on his own. Soon he regained his train of thought and returned the kiss wrestling her tongue with his own. The moment he got a chance he responded, "If we are separated indefinitely then I want you to do what makes you happy, I would hate our separation to be a permanent source of your misery. I love you and I want you to be happy if it comes to it." Amion did not want to think about the possibility of never crossing paths but it was there and he hated the thought of Elera being miserable and alone because she refused to find someone on his account.

(Time skip)

-5 years later-

Elera had managed to cheer up a little and make some new friends at her new high school, and had even gotten into college with them. How-ever eve though it was her 22nd birthday, she was feeling kind of depressed, as she had hoped that by now, she would have been visited by her best friend. She sighs and as she locks herself in her room, pretending to be getting ready for the party her friends were throwing her later, she wrote a song and begun to sing it, forgetting that her window was open.

Amion finished high school and skipped college joining the military for several years and the past six months had been a civilian once more till he decided to renew his service contract. He had gotten a factory job and an apartment while keeping distant from most other people. 

Amion was in his apartment drinking a beer after being thrown out of a nearby bar after a fight. He knocked the little prick and his buddies around easily enough and he was just defending himself but with it not being the first time he got into a fight, the barkeep booted him out.

He had done this every time this date came around, drink beer that could barely get him near drunk in hopes to forget that it was Elera's birthday and get some measure of peace. It never worked, he would always find his mind wondering how she was doing and cursing himself for never being able to find where she moved, cursing his absurdly high tolerance to alcohol. He was 28 now and still had not had another lasting relationship. A year after the move he tried dating again but he never felt that connection he did with Elera it would always feel empty.

So here he was alone slightly buzzed in his apartment a window propped open when he heard a song and a familiar voice. He thought he was hearing things but when the voice did not go away a little hope fluttered in his heart. Amion got up putting some combat boots and some faded army fatigues of his on and started following the sound of the song.

Edited by Shadow Dancer

Elera sighed as she begun to get ready for the party, it was being thrown at her friends house, which was across town. She straightened out her cargo pants and decided to walk to the house, the party wasn't for another two hours, so it gave her time to do some window shopping.

She had already reached the city center in ten minutes and was browsing a video game store, while humming the song she had sung earlier.

Amion continued listening to the singing and then heard the singing turn to a sad hum his heart racing in hope as he ran past the scattered groups of people on the sidewalk. He found himself in front of a video game store and the humming was very close. When he entered his eyes could hardly believe what he was seeing. Right in front of him was Elera now five years older and even more beautiful, wearing cargo pants and a camo tank top. "Elera is that you?"

Elera's ears flicker cutely to the sound of a familiar voice, yet it sounded a little gruffer than she remembered and turns around "A-Ami?" she ask shakily "Amion Valentine?" she asks, her tail swishing softly as she looks him up and down, as she realizes it was him, she squeals and make some rather adorable noises as she lunges at him, wrapping her arms around him "Ami, I-I've missed you so, so much" she kisses him

Amion's hopes came true as Elera's voice said his name first in confusion then happiness. It was when she hugged him he realized what his dad was talking about when he said Dire Wolves tended to stand significantly taller then most when he bent down a little to make it easier for the two to kiss. Eventually they separated but he held Elera tight to his chest as if she would fade. He did not care about the odd looks, choosing to ignore them. "I thought I would never see you again. I tried to find where you were but never could your number changed and everything." Amion looked around, "We should talk somewhere private so we can speak a bit more freely."

Elera nods as she hugs him back "I'll just pay for this game then we can walk to Sierra's house. They're throwing me a party." She says as she wriggles out of his embrace and pays for her new game.

She then returns to him and holds his hand, "come on, we've still got about an hour before the party starts"

Amion lets go of her so she can pay for the game. Amion grasped her hand and as they walked he decided to spark up conversation. "So how has life been treating you overall, I figure you have not been idle for five years or at least I hope not." Amion smiles a small spring in his step was apparent, and his old cheer started to come back a bit.

She smiles and nods "Well i made some awesome new friends at high school and we rven go to the same college too. I got a scholarship for my singing and I'm in my second year now" she excitedly tells him. "I still have that photo of our last date together you know"