Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why are 80% of the songs so terrible?

TheAnimatorOfficial

MLP music in general is pretty cringeworthy IMO, I don't think there's been a single track in MLP or the EQG series I liked or enjoyed, most of them are tolerable at best.

Then again, I've only watched up to midway through season 4 and gave up, and have only seen the first EQG

• Brohoof 1

And what... apart from nostalgia goggles... makes the main series songs so great?

"Baking these treats is such a cinch, add a teaspoon of vanilla... / Add a little more and you count to four and you never get your fill-a"??

Heck, even Art of the Dress, the song I enjoy the most, basically rips off Barabra Streisand's Putting it Together.

Please don't pretend the show's songs, catchy though they may be, are anything that great.

The best songs of SU leave FiM's in the dust.

• Brohoof 1

MLP music in general is pretty cringeworthy IMO, I don't think there's been a single track in MLP or the EQG series I liked or enjoyed, most of them are tolerable at best.

Then again, I've only watched up to midway through season 4 and gave up, and have only seen the first EQG

And what... apart from nostalgia goggles... makes the main series songs so great?

"Baking these treats is such a cinch, add a teaspoon of vanilla... / Add a little more and you count to four and you never get your fill-a"??

Heck, even Art of the Dress, the song I enjoy the most, basically rips off Barabra Streisand's Putting it Together.

Please don't pretend the show's songs, catchy though they may be, are anything that great.

The best songs of SU leave FiM's in the dust.

Thank you, to both of you for finally speaking the truth. MLP songs in general are pure cringe. They're overly happy and they are sung by voice actresses that already make me want to tear my hair out.

Even Lazytown had better songs. 

Thank you, to both of you for finally speaking the truth. MLP songs in general are pure cringe. They're overly happy and they are sung by voice actresses that already make me want to tear my hair out.

Even Lazytown had better songs.

Have you heard This Day Aria, Bats, a Changeling Can Change, Unleash the Magic, The Midnight in Me, Embrace the Magic, Stand for Everfree, Find a Pet, I'll Fly before? I mean to each their own but all of those are full musical numbers with a lot of effort put into them unlike the S1 Pinkie numbers or the EG/RR songs.

I personally like both EQG and FiM songs. The variation between the two really separates the both of them and I actually like that. Each of them has an identity and every time a certain song plays, it recalls those specific scenes whether in EQG or FiM. I think it's hard to really find over one or the other because music is a suggestive thing and no two persons would have the same opinion over what they do and don't like.

• 2 weeks later...

You simply have a different musical taste.
I for one simply LOVE the songs from the EqG movies.

Theme songs, Let's Have a Battle, Under Our Spell, Shake Your Tail, My Past is Not Today, Acadeca, etc.
For some almost all, if not absolutely all, are great songs.
Sure, some may be cringy, but what franchise doesn't have cringy songs?
The show itself has lots of those (Spikes "anthem" for one, super cringy).

I'm sorry, but I agree. None of the songs in the Equestria Girls films are memorable. I think the only one I really recall as being any good was "Helping Twilight Win the Crown" in the first film, and even then that's the only song I can recollect from the first film.

• 2 weeks later...

Acadeca is actually my favorite, that nanananana part esp x)
I think most of the songs are ok, I listen to them if I need some motivation or energy.But some of them are really plane.
If I'd have to choose, I'd say the first movie has best and catchiest songs(cafeteria song was a boom :D, I heard it a lot at russian conventions ahah)

'It's not metal, therefore it sucks.'
-slightly ironic metal elitist 2017

Memes aside it's not really that unbearable for me. Okay, maybe the songs 'This is Our Big Night', 'Time to Come Together', 'Better Than Ever', 'Life is a Runway' and 'Dance Magic' kinda give me negative stimuli, but, well, the rest is pretty good. Not an everyday listen *holds my metal collection dearly*, but I wouldn't mind them when watching.

Shine Like Rainbows' lyrics do sound like something off DragonForce's repertoire, or some power metal like that

'And when the music comes alive
We sing our songs to lift us up so we can shine

And the sound that we hear in our hearts
Makes a crescendo
And the light that ignites in the dark
It makes us all glow
And shine like rainbows'

DragonForce - Through the Fires and Flames

So now we fly ever free
We're free before the thunderstorm
On towards the wilderness our quest carries on
Far beyond the sundown, far beyond the moonlight
Deep inside our hearts and all our souls

So far away we wait for the day
For the light source so wasted and gone
We feel the pain of a lifetime lost in a thousand days
Through the fire and the flames we carry on

Alright, I'mma leave you now before I start filling this post with unnecessary metal shit. :derp:

Edited by Fillypino Fried
  • Brohoof 1