Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have they ever mentioned coffee in the show?

cider float

Aside from smoking and alcohol which hasn't been mentioned but only hinted that some things like cider could been a substitute way of saying it, has there been coffee mentioned in the show?

I remember this scene.

But I think that was hot cocoa not coffee. Yes the marshmellow confirms this.

Edited by cider float

From what I can gather coffee has barely been mentioned; with only one direct mention coming to mind from "Rarity Takes Manehatten" when Suri orders Coco to get her some coffee.

• Brohoof 3

Twilight and Big Mac's Friends Forever comic issue had Spike making coffee for Twilight during one of her more obsessive workaholic moments, but that and Rarity Takes Manehatten are the only references I can remember.

The whole reason why coffee is not often mentioned is pretty simple. 

Mentioning coffee in front of a certain pink party pony is a bit dangerous for the whole universe, including ours. 

Everypony know it, Doctor Whooves has enough work for the time being.

Edited by Floppy Snow
  • Brohoof 1

From what I can gather coffee has barely been mentioned; with only one direct mention coming to mind from "Rarity Takes Manehatten" when Suri orders Coco to get her some coffee.

Wait what how did you know this? Do you have an eidetic memory? That is impressive to remember the one scene in the show that has coffee. 

Edited by trademark2
  • Brohoof 2

There are Wikipages out there were you can look up whole scripts of every word from an entire show at a time.
Coulda just used one of those to find every instance of the word and narrowed it down to the specific episode.

wow didn't know that. Sometimes i remember details like this but he was just so nonchalant in that post, it came across as really cool

OK but I better not derail the thread with this, that would be ironic wouldn't it xD xD

SO... should coffee be in the show? is it unethical to have an addictive substance in a children's show? Coffee has a very positive connotation in the world right now, but it does have some drawbacks. It can stain your teeth for instance. And the new Keurig cups that are so popular are largely unrecyclable, and given the amount of coffee we drink, they are starting to take up space in landfills. But of course, there are some health benefits too. Studies show that daily coffee can raise the metabolism slightly and aid in weight loss, or so I have heard

Edited by trademark2

I don't think coffee needs to be mentioned or hinted at, Pinkie Pie confirms its existence.

I recently read a fan fic where Pinkie puts coffee in cupcakes and I was like "GASP it all makes sense now"

Wait what how did you know this? Do you have an eidetic memory? That is impressive to remember the one scene in the show that has coffee. 

It's easy for me to forget little details like that. Hell, I didn't remembered Moondancer has a sister :dash:

As a side issue, everyone dreads Pinkie getting hold of coffee.  My youngest sister was borderline Hyperactive.  Those folks have a weird metabolism.  Stimulants actually calm them down.  She got in trouble at school because the doctor prescribed for her to drink 5 cups of coffee every day & the school didn't want to let a 6 year old have coffee.  They had to get a lawyer & a copy of the doctor's prescription for coffee, & go down & threaten to sue before the school would let her have it.

So, yes, a lot of fan fics have Twilight practically living on it but this is the only show reference I can recall.  Sweetie makes juice for Rarity the one time she makes Rarity breakfast.

Edited by sweetolebob18

The whole reason why coffee is not often mentioned is pretty simple. 

Mentioning coffee in front of a certain pink party pony is a bit dangerous for the whole universe, including ours. 

Everypony know it, Doctor Whooves has enough work for the time being.

I started writing a fan fiction where Zecora got some coffee from her homeland and introduced it to Pinkie.

I never finish stories but it would have gone something like this: