Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's Your Favorite Science?

Lucky Bolt

I like medical and neuro science/psychology.

I was always fascinated by the wonders of medicine and the ways doctors all over the world give all of us healthier and longer lifes. Medicine has come a long way and we're only improving year after year.

Neuro science is so interesting, because it's so mysterious. We have alot of neuro scientists in the world, but we have not that much knowledge, of how our brain actually works, because it's so complicated. What are Dreams? How does our subconsious work? Why do we do the things we do? etc.

• Brohoof 5

I like three domains a lot: astronomy, computer science and Earth science. 

And the best thing is I can mix them three into a final product.

Computer science can help a lot with astronomy and Earth science. :P

Edited by Floppy Snow
  • Brohoof 1

Everyone who knows me knows that I'am a chemistry freak as fuck. I mean there are like 81 differemt eöements you can play with ^-^ And so many colours, take three electrons from chromium, and it's super dark green, but if you take 6 electrons away, it's a bright yellow-orange! *-*

Oh and organic chemistry, you're like a molecular architect there, you can connect different molecules with different reactions in order to make bigger and BIGGER molecules, it's truly magic <3

Out of all of the sciences I enjoyed Botany the most. It doesn't involve math, which I suck at and hate. It doesn't get stuck on miniscule details that I don't really care about like meteorology and astronomy (two classes I really thought I'd enjoy, but didn't, at all) It also doesn't involve the grossness that some biology goes into. I was thoroughly intrigued by the class, not knowing beforehand the extent to which plants are essential and present in so many of our products.

Plus, I got to do a paper over the woods used in woodwinds for it! Best essay ever.

• Brohoof 1

For me, these are definitely Biology and Genetics. And bilogical engineering that comes with them. I just hope people will stop being afraid of biotechnology and genetic modifications, and see how cool that stuff is.

Me like this thread. :3

My favorite sciences come down to 3 categories: Space science, weather science, and genetic science. Space science is wonderful because of the vastness and wonder of the universe. Weather science is neat simply because of the many things that create weather and cause it. Genetic science is probably the weird one of the three. Basically, I am fascinated by human genetics, our relation to other apes and how genes are passed on from parents to offspring, it is just really interesting.

• Brohoof 3

Psychology. The human brain is the only one we know of that can examine and study itself. The science of trying to understand and explain human thought, behavior, and actions both as groups and as individuals is both useful and fascinating.

• Brohoof 3

Computer science, but i'm biased because i study it. 

Logic, maths, programming languages, graph theory, computational complexity theory... there's an entire field of science right there, and it focuses on classifying problems and (sometimes) solving them using sets of instructions.

I like applicable physics, like forces, fluid mechanics and such. Im far more likely to encounter scenarios of moving objects around than playing with chemicals. That was one of my issues with chemistry in my high school days.

I'm also kind of interested in cryptography, but I'm not really that advanced at it. I can implement algorithms fairly decently for my own use, but I can't see myself ever rolling something custom like Bruce Schneier.

Edited by Celtore

I'm a layman fan of all sorts of applied sciences nearly by necessity, because I'm studying to become an engineer.

Space construction, rocketry and aeronautical design are all practical outputs of metallurgy, physics, fluid dynamics, astrodynamics and meteorology.

Am I the only one looking forward to Planetology becoming a word?

• Brohoof 2

Definitely Psychology! It's what I studied in college. :) The mind is absolutely fascinating, and there are so many things about it that we have yet to discover!

• Brohoof 3