Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Will Starlight be in the movie?

Tilgoreth

I think she is likely to have a small role. Because while she is an important character in the show (arguably more major of a character than Celestia at the current point in the show), the movie has only so much time to showcase characters.

I think the mane 6, spike, and maybe Celestia and/or Luna being the main characters in the movie along with the villains whoever he/she/they may be. With other characters being cameos.

I understand that. You don't want to have too many characters to focus on.

If Starlight remains in the show until the end of season seven, and the movie is canon with the show, then she will most likely make an appearance in next year's movie.

Why wouldn't the movie be canon? I think it might be where it won't reference events from the show because not everyone would have watched every episode.

Until we get some actual information on the movie, I don't really think Starlight is going to be in it.

Thaslts unfortunate. She's one of my favorite characters.

Note: Starlight

died on the way

back to her

home Planet

Is this a joke I'm not getting? Like a reference to a different TV show?
  • Brohoof 1

Why wouldn't the movie be canon? I think it might be where it won't reference events from the show because not everyone would have watched every episode.

They'd probably have Pinkie make a quick summary explaining everything that happened in the show in the span of thirty seconds or so since she is known to do something like that. I'd like for the movie to be canon as then an eighth season could focus on the aftermath of the movie. Then again, it could be canon just to itself and features the regular cast. We won't know for certain until more information becomes available.

• Brohoof 1

They'd probably have Pinkie make a quick summary explaining everything that happened in the show in the span of thirty seconds or so since she is known to do something like that. I'd like for the movie to be canon as then an eighth season could focus on the aftermath of the movie. Then again, it could be canon just to itself and features the regular cast. We won't know for certain until more information becomes available.

Well EQG is canon. So I think the movie that actually focuses on the ponies will be canon.
  • Brohoof 1

Well EQG is canon. So I think the movie that actually focuses on the ponies will be canon.

Again, we won't know until Hasbro gives the go-ahead to allow for such information to be revealed.

• Brohoof 1

I just like to think they are. It really wouldn't make sense if they weren't.

I was referring to the MLP Movie.

​I've always believed that the Equestria Girls movies were canon to the show but that in and of itself is still a testy debate amongst the fandom, something I prefer to avoid as I'm likely to get very emotional about it.

• Brohoof 1

I was referring to the MLP Movie.

​I've always believed that the Equestria Girls movies were canon to the show but that in and of itself is still a testy debate amongst the fandom, something I prefer to avoid as I'm likely to get very emotional about it.

It would be strange to not make the movie canon. It just wouldn't serve any purpose.
  • Brohoof 1

It would be strange to not make the movie canon. It just wouldn't serve any purpose.

Unless Hasbro wanted to tell a different kind of story beyond what the show provides.

Unless Hasbro wanted to tell a different kind of story beyond what the show provides.

It will be canon.

That way they can farm it along with the series in reruns.

I also imagine several key things will spill over into S8. Which yes I do believe will happen because for Hasbro --- $$$ > a couple of uptight fans who think it will/should end.

• Brohoof 2

It will be canon.

That way they can farm it along with the series in reruns.

I also imagine several key things will spill over into S8. Which yes I do believe will happen because for Hasbro --- $$$ > a couple of uptight fans who think it will/should end.

Personally Want mlp season 8.
  • Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If the show does not say otherwise (like if she goes her own way after the season 7 premiere) than I guess she will be in the movie.

But she would probably not have a big role. She would probably just guarding Twilgiht's castle.

• Brohoof 1

The story so far sounds like it will focus specifically on the mane six. Like even Spike won't tag along. It'd just be disappointing if the reason she isn't listed is because Starlight won't be in the series after season seven.

I'm pretty positive that Spike will be in the movie, just like Spike was in all the Equestria Girl movies. I saw that hasbro released a toy of the sea version Spike. As for Starlight, I don't see why Hasbro would miss an opportunity to add her to a new conflict. It not only would make the most of the fans happy but it would make for Starlight to better practice her friendship skills.

The e actor for Starlight hasn't appeared in any cast listings I've seen. So will she still voice Starlight for the movie? Or will her character just not be in it.

You should create a poll for this thread asking if users think Starlight will appear in the movie! You can create one by editing your first post on this thread.

• Brohoof 2

I'm pretty positive that Spike will be in the movie, just like Spike was in all the Equestria Girl movies. I saw that hasbro released a toy of the sea version Spike. As for Starlight, I don't see why Hasbro would miss an opportunity to add her to a new conflict. It not only would make the most of the fans happy but it would make for Starlight to better practice her friendship skills.

You should create a poll for this thread asking if users think Starlight will appear in the movie! You can create one by editing your first post on this thread.

The script for the movie was in the works before Starlight was in the show. So they could not have given her a large role. But she can have a small part in the beginning or in the end.