Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Will other animated movies impact the box office for MLP 2017?

Tilgoreth

I guess it depends on what movies are out at the time the release the film. But I would say that most movies will not impact the box office for the MLP Movie.

Well a lot of little girls will want to go see the movie. But MLP isn't a household name like Disney. Disney can sell its movies on brand alone. That doesn't mean they aren't good movies though. It just means they've built up a reputation over decades. MlP hasn't.

it really depends on how what is out... I saw that the MLP movie was coming out in OCT though so it might be impacted since most people want to see Horror movies... If the FNAF game came out then it would be a huge impact since most people want to see that... 

I don't really think anything going to harm it due to they don't release animated movies in oct they just play the ones that been out for weeks while releasing EVER redo horror movie ever... 

• Brohoof 1

it really depends on how what is out... I saw that the MLP movie was coming out in OCT though so it might be impacted since most people want to see Horror movies... If the FNAF game came out then it would be a huge impact since most people want to see that... 

I don't really think anything going to harm it due to they don't release animated movies in oct they just play the ones that been out for weeks while releasing EVER redo horror movie ever...

I was more talking about little girls wanting to see other animated movies instead. I sort doubt bronies will have that big an impact. Especially when I won't even be able to see it in theatres.

I was more talking about little girls wanting to see other animated movies instead. I sort doubt bronies will have that big an impact. Especially when I won't even be able to see it in theatres.

I don't think that will be a problem either do to they probably saw whatever animated movie was out before (since they must be still summer movies still in theaters most likely) even if that's the case the movie will still pretty good if they do the trailer right... MOST little girls i know LOVE mlp and would want to see it in the theaters. 

• Brohoof 1

[qknow that. But ote name=Starlighty" post="4777134" timestamp="1482955130]I don't think that will be a problem either do to they probably saw whatever animated movie was out before (since they must be still summer movies still in theaters most likely) even if that's the case the movie will still pretty good if they do the trailer right... MOST little girls i know LOVE mlp and would want to see it in the theaters.

I know that. But if a bunch of Disney movies come out in quick succession it might not help . Granted it might not matter if the movie does well financially. If they make it up in toy sales.

f the FNAF game came out then it would be a huge impact since most people want to see that... 

:lol:  :lol:  :lol: Funniest thing I've read in a while. FNAF is (no pun intended) a dead man walking after the creator sold out.

But MLP isn't a household name like Disney.

Neither were the minions before they came into the limelight. Nor was Shrek or Ice Age, and we all know how successful they became.

• Brohoof 2

:lol:  :lol:  :lol: Funniest thing I've read in a while. FNAF is (no pun intended) a dead man walking after the creator sold out.

Neither were the minions before they came into the limelight. Nor was Shrek or Ice Age, and we all know how successful they became.

I see what you mean. I wouldn't mind mlp the movie getting sequels as long as they didn't suck.

I doubt it. I don't think any big animated films are being released close enough to it to be of any actual competition or threat. The closest is the Lego Ninjago film... which is coming out two weeks before MLP currently... more than enough time for those who want to see it to have done so. There is also an untitled animated Sony movie I have seen listed as well.. but I can't speak to that with no information about it at this time. (It could be "The Star" possibly, but I don't see that movie making any large impacts)

• Brohoof 1

I doubt it. I don't think any big animated films are being released close enough to it to be of any actual competition or threat. The closest is the Lego Ninjago film... which is coming out two weeks before MLP currently... more than enough time for those who want to see it to have done so. There is also an untitled animated Sony movie I have seen listed as well.. but I can't speak to that with no information about it at this time. (It could be "The Star" possibly, but I don't see that movie making any large impacts)

Well Lego Ninjao might impact it sense it's a sequel to The Lego Movie. And that was very successful. But yeah mlp 2017 will probably be fine.

I hope not. I bet youll get warning points though...

Maybe I came off as hostile towards @Applejacket . And because I kept mentioning her name. I wish I could say that at least I'd get some replies on Reddit. Because posted it there also. But posting the mop subreddit feels poi fleas. I've eve gotten a response there.

Well in the summer there is Cars 3, and Despicable Me 3, which are installments in franchises that have been highly successful financially.

And if Despicable Me 3 does anywhere near as well as either the second movie, or Minions, than it would still do really well.

Even outside of those 2 movies there would still be Pixar's Coco coming out in November.

Those are the ones that I am pretty sure are going to be highly successful, but there is always that Ninjago movie coming out in late September, that I am not entirely sure how it will do, but it could potentially impact the 2017 MLP film in the box office.

• Brohoof 1

Well in the summer there is Cars 3, and Despicable Me 3, which are installments in franchises that have been highly successful financially.

And if Despicable Me 3 does anywhere near as well as either the second movie, or Minions, than it would still do really well.

Even outside of those 2 movies there would still be Pixar's Coco coming out in November.

Those are the ones that I am pretty sure are going to be highly successful, but there is always that Ninjago movie coming out in late September, that I am not entirely sure how it will do, but it could potentially impact the 2017 MLP film in the box office.

Well MLP is coming out in October. So it's possible it might not be affected. But there are a lot of bigger movies coming out around the same time.

As far as I'm aware (that's not saying much actually), no movie that it's a direct threat in the box office for ponies is coming at the same time :huh:. I think most of the movies at the date are for older audiences. Still, due to ponies not being as big as Disney nor Dreamworks, they need to step up their game in getting audience, but I guess they'll have it relatively easy 

• Brohoof 1

It's coming out at a decent time, sandwiched between the Summer Box Office Rush, and Holiday movie season, with little or no animated/kid's/family films to pose direct opposition, at least not that I'm aware off.

Though what all IS coming out next October (not to mention late September) anyways? :confused: 

• Brohoof 1

As far as I'm aware (that's not saying much actually), no movie that it's a direct threat in the box office for ponies is coming at the same time :huh:. I think most of the movies at the date are for older audiences. Still, due to ponies not being as big as Disney nor Dreamworks, they need to step up their game in getting audience, but I guess they'll have it relatively easy

Well little girls will beg there parents to take them. And of course the bronies who go see it.

It's coming out at a decent time, sandwiched between the Summer Box Office Rush, and Holiday movie season, with little or no animated/kid's/family films to pose direct opposition, at least not that I'm aware off.

Though what all IS coming out next October (not to mention late September) anyways? :confused:

I think the Ninjago movie comes out in Spetember. Then Coco comes out in November.

Uhh It might have to contend with need for speed II cars 3 and a transformers movie mabey and a fast and the furious 8 these all have late spring Thur the summer releases in 2017 so yuup MLP might have there hands full yet might come out on top depending on cars 3 mainly

Edited by nascarfan2442
  • Brohoof 1

Uhh It might have to contend with need for speed II cars 3 and a transformers movie mabey and a fast and the furious 8 these all have late spring Thur the summer releases in 2017 so yuup MLP might have there hands full yet might come out on top depending on cars 3 mainly

Yeah hopefully it still does okay though

Why would any of these films be a threat? Most of them come out months before MLP.... by the time MLP hits they will be on DVD or Netflix or whatever. Thor comes out a Month later... by then anyone who wanted to see MLP will have done so.. those who are waiting for some reason will still go see it Thor or otherwise. There are no animated films that "currently" are any threat to the film, save MAYBE Ninjago.. and honestly it really is not either. The only actual film that will draw audience from it will be Blade Runner for the most part... and even that film won't impact it's core audience. It will draw the casual adult crowd, but MLP would not have scored many of them for the most part anyway.

• Brohoof 2

Why would any of these films be a threat? Most of them come out months before MLP.... by the time MLP hits they will be on DVD or Netflix or whatever. Thor comes out a Month later... by then anyone who wanted to see MLP will have done so.. those who are waiting for some reason will still go see it Thor or otherwise. There are no animated films that "currently" are any threat to the film, save MAYBE Ninjago.. and honestly it really is not either. The only actual film that will draw audience from it will be Blade Runner for the most part... and even that film won't impact it's core audience. It will draw the casual adult crowd, but MLP would not have scored many of them for the most part anyway.

I am guessn that fast and the furious would be staying in box offices till aguste even if that aint happen there is still cars 3 that is going to be mid to late summer and i think hasbro will have to fight pixar over that if pixar falls behind by a day or two can push it on MLP so that is the worst case senario for hasbro
  • Brohoof 1