Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

FlareGun45

So there's going to be three EG specials next year instead of a full movie. Any of you have any ideas of what they might be about? I'd like to know your perspectives!

In the meantime, here's mine:

* Equestria Girls: The Fun Raiser: With Sweet Apple Acres facing financial troubles,Applejack asks the help of her friends at Canterlot High to help save her farm. Pinkie Pie]suggests a ''fun raiser'', a school fund raising festival, to help her family keep in business. Meanwhile, Sunset Shimmer and Twilight Sparkle both think that her financial troubles are happening for a reason, so they work together to find the possible sources of the problem before the source ruins the fun raiser.

(Features dialogued roles of human Filthy Rich, Spoiled Rich, Flim and Flam, Big Mac, Granny Smith, the CMCs, Diamond Tiara, and Silver Spoon)

* Equestria Girls: A Girl's Best Friend: Twilight Sparkle, Fluttershy and Rarity all enter the town's annual pet show to compete in a friendly competition. Little were they aware that a familiar magical surge is affecting the pet owners to verse each other in unfriendly competition, and the only one that can save them is Spike, and the other pets.

(Features the debut of the EG counterparts of Mayor Mare [as a judge], Ember [as a dog], and Garble [as a dog], and the debut of Opal of in the EG universe who really hasn't changed her look; also features the return of the Dazzlings!)

* Equestria Girls: Hiding the Magic: School Board Director Discord visits Canterlot High after receiving a message about a "strange disturbance" in the school. Principal Celestia asks The Rainbooms to not reveal their magic to the director or his peers, otherwise they'll shut down the whole school. Rainbow Dash must try to keep the school spirits high without revealing her inner magic

(Features the debut of Discord's EG counterpart, and the return of Principal Cinch)

Edited by MegaSean45

I would hope to see EQG specials be kind of a Digimon Adventure Tri format, in that it would be several "movies" or in this case "episodes" that would focus on one big narrative.

Speaking of that, I wouldn't be surprised if the whole magic leaking out from the portal is addressed here.

I would also like to see Sunset's dropped homesick for Equestria subplot be added here as well.

Plus going back to my comparison to Digimon Adventure Tri, each of the specials would focus on a specific 2 or 3 members of the group.

One special could heavily focus on Sunset and Sci Twi, another could be on Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash, and another could focus on how Applejack, Pinkie Pie, and Rarity are handling the situation.

Edited by cmarston1

Of course it's boring, it's the human world! ;)

The first is a re-hash of Legend of Everfree. The second sounds like something out of Gen. 3. The third is an incredibly cliched plot and a waste of human Discord's potential.

Edited by TheAnimatorOfficial

My main problem with these premises is that, apart from maaaybe the last one, none of them seem to take advantage of their newfound abilities that were obviously set for in LOE

The first is a re-hash of Legend of Everfree. The second sounds like something out of Gen. 3. The third is an incredibly cliched plot and a waste of human Discord's potential.

Yet, the "most boring" sounding episodes manage to be some of FiM's best. Food for thought Edited by Megas

My main problem with these premises is that, apart from maaaybe the last one, none of them seem to take advantage of their newfound abilities that were obviously set for in LOE

Yet, the "most boring" sounding episodes manage to be some of FiM's best. Food for thought

Because the writing in FIM is vastly superior to Equestria Girls.

Because the writing in FIM is vastly superior to Equestria Girls.

Your still jumping to conclusions, we have yet to see any sort of slice of life episode/special for Equestria Girls, and if FiM is anything to go by, people will be a lot more favorable to that, not to mention, a lot of FiM's attempts at adventure/action stories tend to suck as well

Edited by Megas

Your still jumping to conclusions, we have yet to see any sort of slice of life episode/special for Equestria Girls, and if FiM is anything to go by, people will be a lot more favorable to that, not to mention, a lot of FiM's attempts at adventure/action stories tend to suck as well

If the same writers for LOE are there then it's an indication of ineptude for these shorts.

And the FIM adventure episodes aren't perfect but at least they actually tried to make a competent story instead of just re-hashing things with a new magic plot device (although the Crystaling kind of does that).

If the same writers for LOE are there then it's an indication of ineptude for these shorts.

If it's the same writers of LOE, then they seem like they finally know what to do with the series if anything

And the FIM adventure episodes aren't perfect but at least they actually tried to make a competent story instead of just re-hashing things with a new magic plot device (although the Crystaling kind of does that). 

You mean like Season 6?

If it's the same writers of LOE, then they seem like they finally know what to do with the series if anything

You mean like Season 6?

1. LOE was an interesting concept that was written to be a horribly generic camping episode. What made it decent was the great soundtrack (a rarity for an EQG film) and the nice visuals.

2. Kind of. Season 6 was the worst season so far, but it still had some fantastic episodes, including the finale.

Even at that, Season 6 is STILL better executed than anything in the My Little Bratz division.

Depends on who you ask, really. I don't mind the adventure stories that much. In fact, I think the pilot episode's adventure theme was what got me into the show in the first place. Sure, it can be generic compared to later two-parters, but still.