Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who is the richest among the side characters?

FlareGun45

There was already a post about who is the richest among the Mane Six, right? It's right here: https://mlpforums.com/topic/159096-richest-of-the-mane-six/page-2?hl=richest#entry4721226

Now how about who's the richest among the side characters? Obviously, Diamond Tiara is, so let's not count her, Silver Spoon, Filthy or Spoiled Riches, or Fancy Pants for that matter. Oh yeah, and not the princesses either. Just the side characters that seem average.

Like let's go with: Spike, each CMC, Zecora, Cheerilee, the Cakes, each of the Apple family how they split the profits, Starlight, Snips, Snails, Coco Pommel, Cheese Sandwich, yunno all those characters. Of course Discord can make his own money with his face on them! ;)

Edited by MegaSean45

Mayor mare. After all, she's been "Cooking" the books in Ponyville for years. She has her hoof in many pies.

That sounds much worse than I think you realize.

• Brohoof 5

That sounds much worse than I think you realize.

Intentionally, but it's based a real expression.

have a finger in every pie
to be involved in and have influence over many different activities, often in a way that other people do not approve of You can't make a decision on any kind of funding without consulting him - he has a finger in every pie.
See also: every, finger, have, pie

Cambridge Idioms Dictionary, 2nd ed. Copyright © Cambridge University Press 2006

• Brohoof 2

With how many apples they sell, I'll be surprised if one of Applejack's relatives doesn't live in a mansion.

In season one they pretty much confirmed that the Apples were poor. Applejack wanted to sell apples at the Grand Galloping Gala to get money for Granny Smith to get a new hip.

(Selling at the Gala was also low class, in my opinion)

Edited by cuteycindyhoney
  • Brohoof 1

Among the characters you specified, I don't think any of them have much money.  Spike & the CMCs are children & probably just have allowances. Cheerilee is a small town school teacher, she ain't rich. Zecora has her hut & probably isn't destitute but unless she has money back home she isn't getting rich as a potion maker.  Farms are a business & family farms are a small business, they've been in financial trouble since at least the 19th century.  Cheese Sandwich & Trixie are wanderers & probably don't have much.  Starlight was probably the richest as ruler of Our Town but lost that when kicked out

Among non excluded side characters, the Cakes own Sugar Cube Corners, so probably them.

As ruler of the Dragons & granddaughter of the former ruler Ember is probably rich but you excluded rulers.

Edited by sweetolebob18

That green dragon Spike met in "Owl's Well That Ends Well" seemed pretty well off considering his cave was full of gems.

Howver, being a dragon he's unlikely to ever spend his hoard and we don't even know the value of gems in Equestrian society since you can literally dig them up almost anywhere with the correct spell.

I think Cherry Jubilee, A. K. Yearling and Coloratura are pretty well-off, not the richest though. The richest ponies seem to live in Canterlot. But I won't be surprised if somepony like Goldie Delicious keeps a fortune under her matress. And will leave everything to her cats.

In Ponyville I would imagine it is Mayor Mare.

Canterlot would be probably be Fancy Pants or Sapphire Shores

Manehatten would be probably Coloratura or Prim Hemline

Outside of those places the contenders would be Prince Rutherford, Gladmane & Cherry Jubilee.

Coloratura is pretty well-off considering she is a famous singer, the same can be said about Cherry Jubilee, the Apple Family, and many of the socialites in Canterlot. Each of them found their proper calling and through both hard work and dedication, they've become very rich. Yes, Filthy Rich and his family count as well.

In season one they pretty much confirmed that the Apples were poor. Applejack wanted to sell apples at the Grand Galloping Gala to get money for Granny Smith to get a new hip.

(Selling at the Gala was also low class, in my opinion)

Don't blame me. Megas was the one who said the Apple family was better off.

• Brohoof 1

The Apple Family and Sapphire Shores

I forgetting someone but I'll edited in if I found somepony who is Rich.

edit: Oh and Filthy Rich, Why Didn't I think of that?

Edited by Zachary

I believe the ponies in question are Filthy Rich and Spoiled Rich.

Not gonna say Spoiled Rich because He's my Least Favorite Pony

but I'll say Filthy rich, Will edit the Original Post.

Edited by Zachary