Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Smells that Disagree with You

Unikitty

I can't stand the smell of burnt hair or burnt plastic, which smell almost identical to me. When I was younger I accidentally set my hair on fire. Every time I smell that it immediately sends me back to that memory and it was awful.

Fluoride. I feel like I'm walking into a dentist office every time I do. And not sure if related, but it feels like my teeth go numb just by gettign a waft of that. 

Pool water smell when you are out of the pool.

I used to like that smell.

Until I found out it was from the chemical byproduct of the chlorine doing its job to neutralize all the germs, sweat, and pee in the water. =P

Ready meals while they're being cooked in the microwave. I remember microwaving a lasagne and the smell that came out the vents almost resembled pure stomach acid. There were a few that left horrible smells, but I couldn't put my finger on what they smelt like.

Don't get me wrong though, they taste great. :lol:

Ready meals while they're being cooked in the microwave. I remember microwaving a lasagne and the smell that came out the vents almost resembled pure stomach acid.

Whats worse for me is when some guy thinks its rad to recook fish or spiced meats in the microwave at work and DESTROY the entire break room with a rancid funk for the rest of the day. Even just passing through its nauseating...but they dont smell a thing. :D     Its like the idea of scraping your hand across cellophane wrap. The screeching sound doesnt bother you as much as the others in the room because you're the one making the sound. 

Excessive amounts of cologne/perfume makes it so i can't breath through my nose almost and smells so overpowering. Like all the athletic kids at my old school seem to think of body spray as a shower in a can. 

• Brohoof 2

The mere smell ( and taste ) of baked beans makes me want to purge my very insides out.

I don't know why, but to me they just smell..........uncivilised. I don't really know how to explain it......it just does. Certainly not the sort of confection that I would wish to indulge in.

That, and uncooked meat. Ugh............................the very thought of it sends shudders down my organic frame.

Now that i think about it certain smells from leather makes me utterly nauseous. Like the leather seats in the 1995 - 1998 Silverado trucks. My dad used to have one of those with leather seats and i remember when i was a kid going on a long road trip the smell of those seats especially in a warm environment made me really queasy.  

• Too much cologne or perfume: It upsets my sinuses and usually gives me a headache.

Microwaved anything: I enjoy microwaved foods (Hot Pockets <3) but the smell of some of them can make me gag.

My cat's litter tray: I love my cat, but his litter stinks. I almost vomit every time I go to clean his litter.

Vinegar: I use vinegar, but the smell can be too overpowering for me sometimes.

The smell of American processed cheese food: I like it, but the smell makes me gag.

My cat's litter tray: I love my cat, but his litter stinks. I almost vomit every time I go to clean his litter.

Then ask him to stop eating such stinky stuff.

But I can tell you something weird I DONT have a disagreement to. The Smell of Glue, Gasoline and car exhaust. Yeah its a weird toxic chemical smell but something about it reminds me of childhood. Id smell it more often if it wasnt hazardous to my health. :blink:

My sense of smell is really poor, so most smells people would consider unpleasant don't really bother me. So unless it's something really putrid, i'm kind of neutral on any smells in particular.