Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Ever meet any other Bronies in RL?

Twiliscael

Well i have randomly encountered two bronies in my travels. One was a few months ago when i was door to door selling candy for a fundraiser. This awkward looking man opens the door and he says "Celestia help me, i don't want your candy." I replied with "Luna help me, this man doesn't want my candy" in a mimicking voice. He looked back and forth and then he decided to buy a few Hershey bars. Yay. The most recent was yesterday actually at Disney World, in Florida. My brother wanted to go on a kiddie roller coaster (cuz i obviously didnt wanna go on or anything) and as we were boarding the announcer says "Hello, my name is Diane but my friends all call me Pinkie! I'll be controlling this ride for you!" At the words Pinkie and Diane (Pinkamena Diane Pie), i perked my head up. The man a seat in front perked his up too and looked around. He shot me an inquisitive eyebrow raise and i raised mine as well. He awkwardly raised his hoof and i finished off the brohoof. It felt awesome. I was wondering if anypony else has ever met a random

brony and how? Care to explain?

Edited by ADashOfRainbow
  • Brohoof 17

I once made a Pinkie Pie bag for myself (Pinkie Pie colors and her cutie mark) and posted a pic of it on facebook. After a few minutes, one of my friends come up to me in FB chat brohoofing me! I was so surprised that I didn't know what to say...

• Brohoof 1

I met a guy on MW2 under the username RainnBoW_Dash7 or something like that, a long with another guy named RainnBoW_Pony7. I got excited and sent a friend request, then realizing I didn't give a proper introduction and they would probably not play a game with me :blush:.

Sadly (or fortunately, considering some people's descriptions... I'm kidding) I have yet to meet a brony IRL

I have talked to people who bash the show/fandom, however... None who enjoy it though

/sadface

Was playing Starcraft 2 and someone from the other team to watch some show and I was like...

Screw dat, My Little Pony!

And the person on my team was like brony?

I think I met one today, but I don't know if he was acutally one, or was just familiar with bronies. :P

I saw someone with a Rainbow Dash hoodie and brohoofed em'.

I also discovered three people in my class watch it (closet bronies, though).

If you act like a normal human being and talk about the show (i.e. use character names without lowering/elevating your voice or looking around to see who might judge you) you'll get a lot of people who subtly introduce themselves as bronies. Happened to me four times now. Still counting too...

My school seems so out of it, half of them don't even know really what bronies are. I went in with my Rainbow Dash shirt once and barely anybody seemed to notice. That is, except my friends, who all seem to hate MLP. I did get one person who complemented me on the shirt not because they are a brony, but because they thought I was brave for wearing that shirt in public. That made me smile a bit :)

Other than that, I'm always on the lookout now for bronies, but as of yet I haven't had any random encounters. Still, I will keep up the search.

I met a few at Emerald City Comic-con a couple weeks ago (the one with Tara Strong and the giant Twi). It's pretty cool meeting them, and wearing a brony shirt helps with that. We have quite a few bronies spread around the Seattle metro. area, and some of them randomly meet other bronies from time to time (Seattle beeing a geeky city could contribute to that as well).

My college, however, has only a few. :(

I know several in my school, but the most random surprising one was at my job. I was working register and this girl maybe 13-16 comes up with her mom, and she was wearing a Rainbow Dash shirt. I looked her in the eye and said "That shirt is 20% cooler than any other shirt I have ever seen." She said thank you and shot her mom this kinda smug smile. :lol:

I keep hearing about more that I know but didn't know were bronies from a nonbrony friend at another school (she won't be able to hold out much longer) She was talking to her friend about how her other friend (me) was obsessed with this weird show for little girls even though she claims to be tomboy, and her friend goes "Wait. She watches My Little Pony?"

"Uh, yeah."

"Tell her that she's awesome."

She comes to church all dejected because she's surrounded by ponyfolk. XD

Edited by Squeaker
  • Brohoof 2

I wish my stories were as awesome as these. To be honest, I'm a converted brony myself, thanks to my friend. Still gotta thank him for that. Anyway, any time it happens, it's usually a random encounter in a store or something lol. Now I begin my search for bronies!

I once made a Pinkie Pie bag for myself (Pinkie Pie colors and her cutie mark) and posted a pic of it on facebook. After a few minutes, one of my friends come up to me in FB chat brohoofing me! I was so surprised that I didn't know what to say...

Oooh, that sounds cool, do you have a pic of it we can see? In Octavia's hall or somefink?

Just saw a brony on the buss today, on my way home from school. I never got to talk to him, but I wanted to give him a brohoof :P. He wore a pinkie pie t-shirt.

If you live in Sarpsborg in Norway and took the buss named Tindlund-Hauge and wore a Pinkie Pie T-shirt, it was me that sat in front of you :P

Edited by Mikael

Sadly, I am still a closet brony. Only my friends, which is like 7 people, and my sister, her boyfriend, his dad, yeah. So about only 10 people know. But my friend Tanner is on here. He is also a brony. I converted him.

I saw someone with a Rainbow Dash hoodie and brohoofed em'.

I also discovered three people in my class watch it (closet bronies, though).

If you act like a normal human being and talk about the show (i.e. use character names without lowering/elevating your voice or looking around to see who might judge you) you'll get a lot of people who subtly introduce themselves as bronies. Happened to me four times now. Still counting too...

Exactly. Just speak of it like anything else, without fear or secrecy and somepony will approach you and if not, they may be interested in what you're talking about.