Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Ever meet any other Bronies in RL?

Twiliscael

I had that happen to me one time.

I was at school, wearing the only pony shirt that I own (an Applejack shirt). On my way to class, I walked passed a guy who was also wearing an Applejack shirt. We shared a respectful nod of approval and went on our way. It was pretty neat.

• Brohoof 1

I've met other Bronies in public before. Usually at stores like Walmart, TARGET, or Hot Topic, usually. I've also met some while in college and high school.

In my area, the best place to find bronies is at the Hot Topic because they sell all kinds of merch. Usually a good place to mingle and meet local bronies too.

• Brohoof 1

I've seen one once in an airport, and then another one was a restaurant staff member who wore a Rainbow Dash tail, but we never talked. 

I'm not a Brony myself, but I do run into a few now and then. It's usually a pretty nonchalant experience though. Half the time I only even find out is because they mention it. Though certain places you're bound to run into them; such as hot topic.

By the practical experience I am, therewas for a few weeks somepony, who still goes to school and was also there for a practical experience, who is a brony. I just mentioned it, before we drove with our workers to the jobs, when he suddenly, after mentioning, asked me who my favourite pony is. Was fun, tough he is kind of a jerk, if you not like, what he likes XD

I havent met anyone and I doubt I will meet anyone unless I get sudden boost to my social interaction skills.

OLD post but anyways if you're lucky like me you'll see someone with an MLP shirt like I did. Back in the 8th grade, before I really broke out of my 'shell' I met a girl wearing a rainbow dash t-shirt and we hit it off so that made the rest of the year better.

It also gave me sooo much more incentive to go to school (I skipped SO MUCH SCHOOL that year, you wouldn't believe), not just to bring my grades up but also just to go talk to her.

• Brohoof 1

I'll share a story from when I was in my last year of high school.

I was sitting in a history class, but we weren't doing much of anything. While almost everyone else was either chatting with friends or wasting time listening to music on their iDevices, I decided to take out my binder and pull out the 30 sheets of blank printer paper I had saved up for doodling. Time to draw some ponies, I thought.

Confident that nobody was watching me draw, I started drawing ponies while keeping my sketches partially covered with my left hand. I think I got halfway through drawing the body on my first pony when one of my classmates looked over to see what I was drawing.

"OC?"

I was frozen. If this guy is not a brony....I'm doomed, I thought. When I looked over to see who it was, I noticed that it was one of my friends who was just as quiet as I was. Ultimately, I came to the conclusion that maybe it would be worth it to answer affirmatively; at worst, he doesn't talk to me again but doesn't blow my secret. At best, maybe he was a brony too...?

I responded "yeah". Here it comes, I thought. I thought I was prepared for what came next, but I sure wasn't.

"What race? Unicorn, pegasus, or earth pony?"

Oh horseapples....could it be? A sea of relief washed over me; this guy was a closet brony too!

Over the following weeks, we would discuss more MLP-related stuff; episodes, new characters, good fanfics, and so on. There were occasions where I think other people overheard our conversations, but thankfully, it didn't seem like anybody cared. The rest of the school year went by without any MLP-related hitch.

I had a classmate in highschool who was a brony as well. He was pretty chill, and we actually didn't talk exclusively about ponies either, since we actually had some other common interests as well. Alas, life comes in to crash the party and we went to different colleges, so I haven't seen him since.

I met one and his girlfriend (dunno if she was) when they came into my gas station on Dogtrack Road in Pensacola. But I'm so bad with faces that I have no idea who they were anymore, and while I think it might be this one or that one, I'm so scared of being ostracized (I even am by my own sister/housemate) that I've never asked.

Outside of family, cons, travels to cons, the movies & CCG tourneys? Well one time, me and my bro(ny)(awful pun is awful) were heading to the theaters to see Doctor Who: Day of the doctor. The first showing was sold out. I'd never seen a theater so jam packed. So we headed out to the plaza do do other stuff until the second showing happened, which included hitting up toys r us for MLP merch. On the way out of the theater, we met a guy wearing a trixie shirt. Chatted for a minute, then went our separate ways. 

Oh and earlier that year, I was attending the Gigantour concert festival. I decided to wear my Rainbow Dash shirt for reasons. And out of that sea of metalheads, I met another brony. We brohoofed and went our separate ways. 

Does the target demographic count? Cause every now and then I see little kids come through my store w/ MLP shirts & beanie ponies.

Edited by Denim&Venom

Yeah, I met my man from these here forums about two years ago. He moved in with me, and now we live together. So I mean, I'm pretty much living the dream.

Also attempted to go to a brony convention in the area, but... it wasn't too successful. I doubt I'll be doing that again. Other than that, I don't really leave the house often, so the chances of me meeting anyone new, let alone a brony, are very low.

I have met an Brony in Real Life...but unfortunately i wasnt a Brony back then and didnt know what a Brony was and what the new show was about...but i was still befriended with her because we both liked Silent Hill.  :lol:

Yeah, at BronyCon. But that's different. If you're referring to like school or somewhere outside of conventions, than no. However, I have made people bronies. I have no rugrats. They seem to enjoy it a lot. One even went to BronyCon with me.

I was at the store buying an RD shirt and the cashier said "whose the shirt for" and I said "myself" and he just said "Rainbow Dash is best pony". Funny thing was he used to go to my school and we had no idea we both watched MLP.