Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Ever meet any other Bronies in RL?

Twiliscael

I made friends with a pegasister in real life. We were doing this SWAP thing (to help get a job) and we went to the store. We found pony plushies and went around holding them and singing the songs. I knew she was a pegasister ever since she was singing Smile Smile, though. She prefers the term pegasister by the way. 

• 11 months later...

The only run ins I've had are with more of the 'the herd' are from meetups, outside that. Not really. Like any fandom, sometimes if any part of it is mentioned, either people will turn to look at you as if you've lost your mind, others won't even do that and then there are those that will come up to you and start talking about it like any other conversation. But even if you do, where do you start? Unless they have some visible mlp merch out in public. That is without a doubt MLP related. Picking a topic is hard, or is that just me?

well, I did know a guy who went to my old school who said that he had watched the whole season 1 of mlp, he said it wasn't good or bad.

(edited)

I had an inner vision of there being lots of bronies, like 1% of the population or something, and whenever you'd run into one on the bus or wherever, you'd just brohoof them, because you wanted to show your appreciation and feel the connection, but it wasn't necessarily a big thing to just see another brony. Wouldn't that be cool?

If that bus brony would appear before me today, I'd probably just gawk at them. And after gawking for a while, I would really try to find the courage to try and talk to that person.

Edited by woodgazer

While I'm the only brony I know of in my immediate geographical location, I met actual RL bronies for the first time at BronyCon 2016.

What an experience that was. :)

I've been the activities coordinator for two different brony groups, and have attended a few other groups as well.

Nearly every brony I've met was a member of those groups, but there are a few exceptions.  

A good group is an amazing experience.  They are worth a lot of effort to maintain.  

Of the total population of one of the high schools I went to 5-6% were bronies both male, and female, and quite a lot of people accepted them for who they're. Even besides that I tend to bump into quite a bit of them.

I knew a few bronies at my school, but all of them either transferred or graduated before I became a brony in 2014. Sadly, I never really stayed in contact with them. I haven't encountered a single brony since then, though I do have a friend who joined the fandom early on but lost interest around Season 3.

(edited)

Unfortunately, I have not. Except once when I was at the mall and I walked by two guys, one of which wearing a rainbow dash shirt.

And yes, I did say "I LIKE YOUR SHIRT!"

I just realized I didn't brohoof him... That's just sad.

This was a while ago, but I've gotten over desperately wanting to meet someone who is in the fandom. Still, I'm glad I am joined the forum!

Edited by KatieBelle

Being from New Jersey, I don't really know very many around me at least. If we're not counting all the wonderful people I met at bronycons and ponycon's, I met like one person wearing a discord shirt, years ago.

We talked for a few minutes and then was on his way. I was working at the movie theater and he was a customer. Never saw the guy again.

Yes, but only once since ever becoming a brony. It was the time when I visited a Build a Bear at the mall. One of the employees notice that I was waiting to get my Mlp plush filled and she saw my pony and asked whom I was giving it for but I told her it was for me. She agreed with me and give me an high-five to top it off.