Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Ever meet any other Bronies in RL?

Twiliscael

One, and unfortunately a annoying one. In my old English class, dude screamed if someone mentioned the show thinking they were mocking him and could never shut up about how he was writing a 30 chapter fanfic, movies he liked, or his feeble attempts at trying to sound like a professional film critic. And to be honest at first he made me think all bronies were so over defensive and annoying, I'm glad he was wrong.

Also he wore the same Doctor Whooves shirt for about three days at a time oddly. Dude scared me.

• Brohoof 1

You mean besides real life friends? I once found a person at the bus stop with a fan art painting of Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie, but that's it

If I don't count my two best friends, I encountered two so far.

One was a classmate I had for Spanish I. One day, he wore a shirt that said "Keep Calm and Brony On" with Rainbow Dash's silhouette on top. I actually said to him I liked his shirt. I think he got the fact I was a brony too.

The other was this girl that I saw when I went from 6th period to 7th period. She had tons of pony shirts, a lanyard, a binder, a backpack, and cards. She was quite the obsessive one.

I'm not sure if I got this in the right place. Well, the title says it all. I decided I would make this topic because, I went to Disney Land and I saw 5 people with shirts, jackets and a Rainbow Dash plush. That actually really surprised me. I'm not sure why. I was going to say "So, you like MLP eh?" But, I thought rather not. That would be akward. So, if you have met/saw a brony did you talk to them, say hi, ask them questions etc.

Hey there Dopey Hooves, just letting you know that I merged your thread about brony encounters with the one we already have, be sure to use the search function before making a thread if you're not sure if a similar topic exists yet or not. Thanks for your understanding. :)

A couple months ago after visiting my grandmother in Holyoke on the way home, my parents stopped in a gas station for some drinks. I was wearing this Doctor Whooves X Derpy shirt, and the cashier said "I like your shirt" I nearly nerdgasmed. Then a month later at mcdonalds as I'm wearing the same shirt (yeah I took it off and washed it between the two days), in Belchertown an employee looked at my shirt for a second, then lold a bit with her head down. Either she was laughing at me or- yeah probably at me.

• Brohoof 1

So far in the year I have been a fan of the show... I have only seen one who was wearing a Fluttershy "yay" T-shirt :X..... 

So yeah I guess around my area there is either not many ,which is not a surprise to me, or I just have bad luck... Yeah I do have some pretty crappy luck all  the time it seems.

I just encountered a guy wearing a Rainbow Dash shirt as I was crossing the street. I gave him a brohoof and kept going. He looked very awkward about it though, so I kinda feel bad about it afterwards. But he was wearing a shirt in public. This was the first time I've randomly met a brony on the streets.

• Brohoof 2

In gaming a few of course. Somebody named Pinky_Pie back from when I played Battlefield Heroes. Also, on MW3 I see them often enough.

I once saw somebody of my school with a brony t-shirt. Also, just 2 months ago, I looked into a computer-room when walking by, and saw two guys on watching MLP lol

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Well, it's not really a random encounter, but one of my ALT friends here in Japan looked at my phone during a party and was like, "You're a brony too?!", because I have Sweetie Belle with a milkshake as my screen saver. Turns out he's been a brony for six months. I'm his senpai in pony!

A more random-like random encounter was meeting a guy in a bar in Kyoto, who happens to be a professor who teaches Japanese history at an American university. He had a group of students who he was showing around the Kyoto and Nara areas, and he invited me to join them for the day. Next day, I saw one of the students had a Rainbow Dash t-shirt on, so I commented. At first they expected me to be disparaging and whatnot, but I told them I was a brony too, and everything was awesome

wub.png

Apart from that, I haven't met many real life bronies. I'll have to make plans to visit a convention sometime next year, perhaps.

Edited by Full Spectrum
  • Brohoof 1

I swear, I see bronies everywhere, and I mean everywhere on the internet. I see them on online games all the time such as Warlight, Drawception, Draw my thing, ect. I've also met 5 or 6 bronies on Black Ops 2 due to my Rainbow Dash cutie mark emblem. I'll go on a youtube video that has absolutely nothing to do with ponies, it'll be about World War 2, or some random anime or something, and I swear I always see at least one guy with a pony avatar in the comment section. I think it's awesome that there are so many bronies. 

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I live in Australia..... more specifically the dangerous south east. I wear brony clothes sometimes to catch the attention of fellow bronies. (never worked -.-)

The problem is, if you wear something brony-related, you better also wear a stab proof vest... and carry a knife.

(fyi I carry at least 3 knives on me at all times, no joke)

Edited by SwigglySwiggly
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

When I went to Equestria Girls I saw lots of people with My Little Pony t-shirts and even some people with plushies. Not that I didn't expect that at a My Little Pony movie, but it was interesting to get a glimpse of other My Little Pony fans in my area.

Edited by Norman

(edited)

Yea, I was at a Value Village with a non-brony friend. We were therejsut because...he was looking for a toaster.I went and searched the store, and found a huge 12'' G3  Pinkie Pie vinyl toy, Ididn't buy it because it was G3 and like $6. as we we're heading out, Inoticed a wall of bagged toys....I went for the pink section, and sure enough I found some G4 merch, includign a Fluttershy brushable, a Fluters and Dashie 2012 McDonalds toy, and a few blind bags (Shining Armour, Twily,Rarity, and Pinkie Pie) I went to the checkout line.....waiting...waiting, then noticed a new cashier ready, so I went to her register, she looked at the Wonderbotls shirt I was wearing, thenlooked at what I was buying....she asked if these were for me, I said yea. she then squeed and gave me a brohoof. It was sooo awesome. Gave her the $5 for the  bag of ponies and left.

Meanwhile mmy non-brony friend was like wtf the whole time.

Edited by Flutter Dash
  • Brohoof 6

Not in public, but my brony friends (which I converted).

My mission is to one day find one! I'll get a shirt, that might help...

This needs to be like a novel, just post a time and place on the forum, go there and see who else shows up. That would make an interesting story. 

(edited)

Earlier today I was sorting out my books at my locker. (well not my locker, it's a long story which involves leaving keys at home. :P) Since the lockers were in an English room there were displays on the walls. The main display was an "about me" one which on one of the posters was a picture saying "My Little Pony" and it had a picture of Rarity on it. That persons poster belonged to a close friend.

I identified this to my closest Brony friend where we decided to go on a quest to find him! Though we couldn't find him today so we'll try again tomorrow. :D

Edited by squareyes
  • Brohoof 1

I personally can recall 4 people who were unexpected brony was encountered. The first is one of my professors I remember once quoted Luna with "the fun has been doubled!" Another was in my cafeteria there were two girls, each with a pony shirt on, one was of AJ, the other had Twilight. The last and most important person was meeting my roommate for the first time, I smile came across my face when I first met him and he had a "20 % Cooler" shirt on!

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

I was in a store buying a Pinkie Pie toy wearing my mlp t-shirt when a brony wearing a 20% cooler t-shirt yelled "PINKIE PIE!" and then brohoofed me. I was a little embarrassed since we were in the middle of a crowded store but it was still awesome.

Edited by Pinkie4eeeever
  • Brohoof 2

I've encountered a couple random bronies I had no idea even remotely liked My Little Pony. The first was a ten-year old girl in a speech club for children, who gave a speech on FiM. It was fairly accurate, but it only outlined the first season.

The second was an older, nervous-looking boy who knew every obscure thing about MLP you could think of, and mentioned Celestia a lot.

I'm sure if I looked a little harder, I could find all kinds of bronies...

• Brohoof 1

I was at TAC City airsoft and one of the guys working there had a pinkie pie and a derpy pin on his shirt. ALso, at a yugioh tournament, there was a guy using a MLP themed mat. I can't think of anything that really stands out.

Yes, twice the first time was when I was at a Target with my old sister. I was wearing a 20% cooler rainbow t-shirt and I was waiting  in line at the check out when someone behind me tapped me on the shoulder. When I turned around he was smiling and was holding his fist up to bro-hoof me. I bro-hoofed him and we both laughed and smiled. My sister asked if I knew him and I just smiled and said nope. 

The second time was when I was at my school wearing the same t-shirt as the first time. There was a guy Iv always seen in the halls but never really talked to. When I was walking in the hall he came up to me out of the blue and was like "OMG! I knew I couldnt have been the only one!" We bro-hoofed and now he is one of my closest friends.

• Brohoof 3

Well i have randomly encountered two bronies in my travels. One was a few months ago when i was door to door selling candy for a fundraiser. This awkward looking man opens the door and he says "Celestia help me, i don't want your candy." I replied with "Luna help me, this man doesn't want my candy" in a mimicking voice. He looked back and forth and then he decided to buy a few Hershey bars. Yay. The most recent was yesterday actually at Disney World, in Florida. My brother wanted to go on a kiddie roller coaster (cuz i obviously didnt wanna go on or anything) and as we were boarding the announcer says "Hello, my name is Diane but my friends all call me Pinkie! I'll be controlling this ride for you!" At the words Pinkie and Diane (Pinkamena Diane Pie), i perked my head up. The man a seat in front perked his up too and looked around. He shot me an inquisitive eyebrow raise and i raised mine as well. He awkwardly raised his hoof and i finished off the brohoof. It felt awesome. I was wondering if anypony else has ever met a random

brony and how? Care to explain?

First of all, EPIC encounters Twiliscael!!!  B)   Well, onto my own encounter!!!

Just last week I was in Traverse City running some errands for Preserve Historic Sleeping Bear, the nonprofit group I'm interning at for the summer.  I had to go to the store "Michael's" at one point to pick up some wood sheets for a project.  When I go to ask a cashier who looked to be about college-aged or so some questions about where I might find what I'm looking for, I notice she has two small Pinkie Pie buttons, along with a G3 Pinkie Pie sticker, around her nametag.  So, after getting the wood and checking out, I just say real quickly to her, "So I'm guessing your best pony is Pinkie?" and she replies somewhat sheepishly and surprised, "Yes!"  :lol:   It was hilarious, but also quite awesome!!!  :muffins:

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Well so far I saw this one dude in a walmart parking lot with a Fluttershy "yay" shirt. But he was really far away so I could not say anything... 

Another time was at work one of my co-workers mentioned a friend of his was a brony. o.o but at work no one even knows I like the show or am a brony myself. I was like that is pretty cool your friends is a brony but at the sametime I did not expressed that to my co-worker I was like oh okay yeah. 

I haven't had any luck in actually meeting one though but I guess that is better than nothing xD.

Edited by Gone ϟ Airbourne
  • Brohoof 2

Well, I was at Universal Studios (( Hollywood )) and I went to a vendor to get some fooood. :3 I was waiting there and when I got to the front of the line, the vendor had a little Twilight Sparkle toy behind the stand. :o

• Brohoof 2