Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Ever meet any other Bronies in RL?

Twiliscael

Not including cons? Never. There are pony meetups where I live, I just can't fathom ever wanting to go to one at any point before the heat death of the universe. If I did see one, I hope I don't turn into the guy who goes full spaghetti and starts screaming about how awesome his FLuttershy tee shirt is.

• Brohoof 1

Eeyup.   :mellow:

Aside from my two brothers who are also bronies, I've met 3 different bronies at school. Met two of them because they were wearing MLP shirts and I just saw them during passing period. The other is in my math class; I was wearing a Daring Do and Rainbow Dash shirt, and it all went from there.  :comeatus:

Seems to me if you want to meet bronies in person, the surefire way to go is shirts. 

Edited by Megajack

when you live in one of the most conservative and country-ish regions of austria, its pretty much pre-determined that i'm never gonna meet another brony.

only brony ice seen so far was a guy at an anime convention, but problem was i was there with some friends who dont know that i am a brony, so i couldnt really start a conversation with him.

when you live in one of the most conservative and country-ish regions of austria, its pretty much pre-determined that i'm never gonna meet another brony.

only brony ice seen so far was a guy at an anime convention, but problem was i was there with some friends who dont know that i am a brony, so i couldnt really start a conversation with him.

My sister's boyfriend's sister just recently got into ponies. I was so friggin happy and excited when my sister came and told me. Even though she's like 9 and 8 years younger than me it still made me delighted. Her dad enjoys the show too so hooray! Even more happy to hear that her favorite pony is Pinkie and his is Twilight. They know best ponies when they see it. 8)

School wise I met the first brony I've ever seen physically in my art class last year. He was awkward and creepy and I loathed him. He had like an obsession with Rainbow Dash and stuff for most of the year. Then a few months later he was all ponies are dumb I'm too cool for that I grew up blah blah blah. And I'm just sitting here like dude shuddup you're weird and I don't care if you no longer care for ponies cause I never cared about you you're not relevant.

I also met another brony not long into my junior year. I was in walking fitness with my best friend and we were discussing ponies and this kid just walks up to us and is all "Fluttershy is best pony." And then walks back to his seat and leaves me and my friend dumbfounded. I was like where the heck did he come from?!

In my physics last school year there was another brony. He was a cool dude but I never really talked to him. There was like 3 other bronies I've seen but never talked to.

I don't know if she's a brony but some girl complimented my pony hoodie today in culinary club. Maybe...I'll have to find out. Should be easy since we're doing a project for competitions in culinary club.

• Brohoof 1

I also met another brony not long into my junior year. I was in walking fitness with my best friend and we were discussing ponies and this kid just walks up to us and is all "Fluttershy is best pony." And then walks back to his seat and leaves me and my friend dumbfounded. I was like where the heck did he come from?!

Lol, must've been very awkward afterwards. :P

I had a very similar experience during lunch. Some girl randomly said "MY LITTLE PONY IS AWESOME" and we all stared at her. 2 minutes later, most of the people at the table were talking about MLP. :D

• Brohoof 1

Funny I find this thread; I ran into one earlier this week while, oddly enough, I was wearing my Homestuck Dave ensemble. He came over, complimented me on my choice of apparel, and mentioned that he was also in the pony fandom after seeing my bracelet and bag pins. Had a short discussion with him about Season 4, was a pretty chill guy.

Besides that specific example, yeah, I've run into quite a few, though the hype has died down considerably the past few years...

• Brohoof 1

Saw a dude chillin' outside of Safeway here in WA. He was playing his guitar and I happened to be wearing my fluttershy tee and he was like hey!

Wonderfully, he sang a song he wrote about her with his guitar and we brohoofed.

Hope youre doing well bro!

• Brohoof 2

Yes. My now brother-in-law is a brony, and I live with other bronies. All predate my own self identification as one.

Yes. My now brother-in-law is a brony, and I live with other bronies. All predate my own self identification as one.

• 1 month later...

It would be awesome if all bronies made if obvious that they were interested in MLP in public like waring a shirt or any other pony merchandise. But most bronies from what I have gathered don't make it that obvious because they are closeted, dont want to draw negative attention, or just dont want to for whatever reason. Many bronies even wont give subtle hints that they are bronies like referencing things in the show during conversations such as Eeyup or 20% cooler.

As a closeted brony myself, I am trying to meet other bronies without bringing negative attention to myself. However, I dont like going to meetups or conventions as I have some social anxiety.

Although anybody can be a brony, the bronies at least I have seen in public and the ones at my college all fit a couple of stereotypes that are not necessarily negative. Many are into nerdy hobbies, can range from being shy to very outgoing and quirky, are furries, or into anime.

The couple of bronies at my college have graduated so what I do to try to weed out if people are bronies by bringing up the show causally like asking if anyone heard of them or that they are all over the internet and such. I will also bring up if anyone knows any bronies and how some people I know are hooked on the show. I usually do this in a way that nobody suspects I am a brony. If anyone takes the bait I would find out they were bronies and may pursue them more without fully giving away that I am in the fandom myself until I get to know and trust them. If they dont say they are bronies in the casual conversation, I end up not bringing it up again to avoid outing myself. Sadly I have not met any bronies thus far at my college this year even the ones I suspected are ones due to their interests, personality or appearance. This can be for a few reasons.  I think this is because  that they are not bronies or they are closeted like me or I do a good job not giving away that I am a brony in these conversations. I have had some really scary close calls with people who turned out not to be bronies which have caused me not to pursue looking for bronies using this method as much at least at my college. For the couple of years I have been at college I have not met a brony through wearing merchandise at all and I wish I did.

I honestly think there have been many bronies I have been in contact with at my college but due to not making it obvious I have not been able to meet them at least this year.

What do you guys do when looking for bronies subtly besides making it obvious wearing merchandise? If so please share you story to help other closet bronies or bronies in general spot bronies.

Edited by GXPBlast
  • Brohoof 1

I've never hunted for other bronies, but I do all my brony stuff on the internet. Perhaps subtlety would be wise. Hum an obscure song from mlp. Not one that the general public would recognize, but a brony would. Do it softly around someone you suspect and gauge their reactions. Don't labor at it. Act like it's something you're just humming to yourself. If questioned by someone you think would react poorly just say it was something you overheard someone playing and it got stuck in your head.

I don't know what I'm talking about, but it's an idea instead of just coming right out with it.

If it doesn't work and someone has tried it I will gladly rescind it.

I've never hunted for other bronies, but I do all my brony stuff on the internet. Perhaps subtlety would be wise. Hum an obscure song from mlp. Not one that the general public would recognize, but a brony would. Do it softly around someone you suspect and gauge their reactions. Don't labor at it. Act like it's something you're just humming to yourself. If questioned by someone you think would react poorly just say it was something you overheard someone playing and it got stuck in your head.

I don't know what I'm talking about, but it's an idea instead of just coming right out with it.

If it doesn't work and someone has tried it I will gladly rescind it.

I have not heard anyone hum any MLP theme songs. Plus since I am not a big fan of MLP music I would not know anyway lol.

Edited by GXPBlast

I had a mlp wallpaper on my laptop. Girl in my class leans over. "You like MLP, too?" *Discreet brohoof under the table.*

I have tried this strategy as well looking for people with pony backgrounds. If I suspect somebody may be a brony and is on their laptop, I will casually walk by them  :ph34r:  if I am in the area take a quick glance and see if I see a pony background. Done this on multiple occasions people so far and no luck. I saw a couple of anime backgrounds but no ponies :(

• Brohoof 1

I found out my friend keiren was a brony by referencing the show a couple of times, not expecting anyone to get them. Another less subtle way that I discovered a brony is when I was in art, drawing pony designs for a stained glass window project I was doing at the time. All of a sudden my friend Kye walks past me and sees me drawing ponies, stops to look for a second, then goes on to do whatever it was he was doing. Later on in the day, he came up to me and told me he was a brony. Also I should mention, most of the bronies i've met are not the type you would expect to be into MLP, close to the opposite actually.

The two times I discovered another fan was when I looked over and saw my friend's phone background with Rainbow Dash on it, the other time I noticed the backpack a guy was carrying and saw a Fluttershy pin.

Both were by complete happenstance and I didn't actually ask them about it, but it's reasonable to say they were both Bronies.

Edited by Gernia

I was in a gaming and hobby store last week, wearing a Minecraft shirt, and there was a guy carrying a duffel bag with Rainbow Dash and a bunch of MLP buttons on the side. He remarked, "Nice shirt!" to me, so I replied, "Thanks. Nice bag!" He nodded, so it was kind of a subtle acknowledgement on my part.

As a closeted brony myself, I am trying to meet other bronies without bringing negative attention to myself. However, I dont like going to meetups or conventions as I have some social anxiety.

As someone with social anxiety who recently started going to meetups, believe me when I say that it's definitely worth it.

A lot of bronies have social issues, and the ones who don't are pretty accepting/understanding of such things. There's no need to worry. Just do it. You won't regret it. I must admit that going to the first meeting was particularly daunting, but as it stands now, it was one of the best decisions I've made in years.

It's the easiest, surest way to find bronies, and I promise you won't bring any negative attention to yourself by showing up. I guarantee it.

Edited by Regulus

I really like wearing MLP hoodies, shirts, or using MLP computer/phone/tablet wallpapers. It not only shows I'm proud to love ponies, but it gives other bronies/pegasisters a way to see that I'm part of their fandom, too, and that's pretty cool. :wub:

I saw a guy wearing a Spike t-shirt at Walmart, and saw another brony/pony collector buying packages and packages of pony collector-type merchandise(blind bags, etc.).

One reason why I love the Forums is that it's a way to share the love of ponies with a ton of people from all over the place without having to (in a subtle way) search around for bronies/pegasisters in public places, which is hard. :huh:

But I have seen a few MLP fans in public before.

• Brohoof 1