Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Ever meet any other Bronies in RL?

Twiliscael

I noticed the backpack a guy was carrying and saw a Fluttershy pin.

On multiple occasions especially in public I have spotted rather quirky and geeky people in public with backpacks with pins on them. There was this one guy who was a big fan of pokemon and invader zim and had a pokemon shirt and beanie on. He was also wearing invader zim merchandise on him. I had a really strong feeling he was a brony but upon further looking at his pins and merchandise no pony merchandise was to be found. I have had similar occasions with people like this with tons of geeky stuff like anime, adventure time, pokemon, and regular show merch but no pony stuff.  There is a good chance that some of these people could have been bronies but it would have been really awkward if I went up to them randomly and asked as there is also a chance they may have not been.

Edited by GXPBlast

ive seen plenty, not one ive liked though sadly. Too violent or obsessed with gore. Wish I could meet someone who isnt potentially threatening to me... They usually reference the show with either the 20% joke or basically any other famous one.

Often the bronies I have met aren't exactly advertising their bronydom.

I've found out unexpectedly after becoming friends with them. Sometimes it's a phone background, profile pic to even a slipped comment or a silly grin at the thought of any horse/pony related puns.

It makes me wonder, there are probably many bronies out there and I'm not exactly wearing merch shirts or making it obvious. I guess it's just luck of the draw with that kind of thing.

I was in a gaming and hobby store last week, wearing a Minecraft shirt, and there was a guy carrying a duffel bag with Rainbow Dash and a bunch of MLP buttons on the side. He remarked, "Nice shirt!" to me, so I replied, "Thanks. Nice bag!" He nodded, so it was kind of a subtle acknowledgement on my part.

Haha, yep. I've definitely had my fair share of exchanged looks with people regarding that Fluttershy figure being sold across the other side of the store! We both know eachother likes MLP but are too afraid to admit it, even when it's obvious!  :yay:

Edited by The Crimson Cross

They usually reference the show with either the 20% joke or basically any other famous one.

I have been trying to keep my ears open for 20% cooler in conversations. No luck as of yet.

I came to school one day wearing my Brony T-shirt when a few people noticed it. Then they Brohoofed me after that. I've become friends with those people since.

Edited by CrazyMrLunaDash

There was a person I saw in my school that had a Brony hat with Rainbow Dash on it, they were walking down a crowded hallway and I would have said something to them, but my inner awkwardness and self-consciousness told me no  :blush:  

I've tried dropping hints and making references online. Like making comments about how that armour is 20% cooler than mine or saying "Good luck everypony" in WoT. But so far, no one has picked up on anything.

I have a single Alicorn!Twilight button I have on my bag I use when I go out. I was at the mall a few months back and I heard a girl say: "HEY! GIRL! I LIKE YOUR BUTTON!"

I just whirled around to see her and said, "THANK YOU." loudly.

Then she said, "CAN'T WAIT FOR SEASON FOUR."

And I was just like, "ME EITHER."

It was sort of weird 'cause I was with my family, but it was pretty funny at the same time.  :lol:

• Brohoof 2

I have been trying to keep my ears open for 20% cooler in conversations. No luck as of yet.

Say it yourself. Literally no one will get the reference and if they do and hate bronies deny you know what they are and say that you just heard it in a youtube video. Also not many bronies are exactly "Out there." I mean, there are a lot, but its only like 10 to (dare I say it?) 20 percent of bronies.

• Brohoof 1

I haven't met many Bronies in casual life, they really aren't where I live for the most part. I did meet a crap ton of Bronies at Bronycon but uh... that's kind of expected.

I usually just try to create Bronies like a mad pony-lovin' scientist.

• Brohoof 2

I'm now sure if this is a tip, but I was just out talking to myself at walmart when I saw that the rainbow power line wasn't in my stores yet. I said, "Agh!  Why can't I just find the rainbow power ponies" A guy was just walking buy and then stopped, he said that he has been looking for them too, and he wants them bad aswell.  He also showed me his MLP key chains he had on his car key.

• Brohoof 1

Well don't know if this helps but I deck myself out in pony gear almost 90% of the time when I actually get off the old kiester and leave the home. Spike hoody, t-shirt, arm band and dogtag of Twily. When i went out on my b-day, I got lots of actually positive feedback even though I just wear that stuff cause I love having my pone with me everwhere i go. I met this dude in a surf shop in the mall (forgot the name :/) but he was like "Hey is that from that show thats all over the internet" and I just replied "Yep, Spike is his name" (he was pointing to my hoodie.

He started out with a teasing tone at first but that didn't bother me but after a while he told me about these  other girls that would drop some cereal dosh on the trading cards very often and went on to even compliment the hoodie saying it was 'killer'! Then another lady in the mall at one of the kiosks said it was cute and it looked awesome lmao. And last but not least there was a girl in the thrift shop that I visited with my mother as she was checking out some old VHS tape, she said "by the way, love the shirt". I didn't run into any other fans though (I don't think? maybe the girl was into it i dunno) but I always wear my Ponies proudly.

Edited by oPinkeroo4Uo
  • Brohoof 2

People laughed at me when I took Applejack for a walk. I live in a small village. There really isn't any way for bronies to meet up anyways. The closest town seems to have only one known brony, and I haven't met them. I only saw someone lived there on a Colorado brony forum. 

When I wear my Rarity shirt, no one knows. I mean it's just her cutie mark. I tried watching MLP and playing with the toys at the store in town, but I haven't had any luck. 

The only time I actually saw bronies who I knew were bronies was when I watched Rainbow Rocks in Fort Collins. 

• Brohoof 1

Well I don't really hunt down for any bronies ,but I have either seen them in Hot Topic rushing towards the counter or they just pass by. I usually wear a t-shirt sometimes or a dog tag, or wrist band, and anything else I can think of. 

"Ehem, hey dude - check this out! *link to video*"

Sadly, only one of my friends actually tried it out - but he loved it. Now we talk about it on a daily basis, and even joke about how manly we are (obviously joking since liking a show about pink ponies is the opposite of masculinity :P).

As for the others, I murdered them. EVERYONE MUST ENJOY PONES!  I'm fine with them for as long as they don't bully me over it.

Edited by BuzzBuzzTheBee
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I bet some of you are gonna laugh at me for this.

I went to a Dungeons and Dragons campaign at my University, I took out my laptop (it has a giant Rainbow Dash sticker on the outside shell) and loaded my character sheets.

One of the guys in our group actually said "Hey, he has a Rainbow Dash sticker on his laptop." He then gave me a thumbs up and later a brohoof.

• Brohoof 3

So, when I was at Boy Scout summer camp, I signed up for Horsemanship merit badge.  In addition to riding, tack, care, and grooming skills, one of the badge requirements is to name fifteen parts of a horse.  The idea is to name parts that are unique to horses (or at least hoofed animals), you know, like withers, gaskin, stifle, pastern, coronet, stuff like that.  But the counselors at that camp were really lenient, and a lot of the scouts would just say easy stuff like mane, tail, hoof, eye, etc.  When it was my turn, I said, "croup, dock, haunch, shoulders, hip", in that order.  One of the other scouts then began singing, "thread by thread, primmed and pressed, yard by yard, never stressed, and that's the art of the dreeeeeeessssssss!"

*SIGH*.  That never happended.  It was a big fat lie.  I did in fact earn horsemanship merit badge at camp, and I did in fact name fifteen of the more odd/unique parts, but I did not say "croup dock haunch shoulders hip".  There was no singing, and no brony meeting.  I made it up.  Matter of fact, I earned that badge about 12-13 years ago, so no FIM back then.  But how friggin awesome would that be if that happened??!!  Wouldn't that be the most incredible way to meet a brony, ever?!  Damn, that'd be so cool.

• Brohoof 1

Keep the stories coming as I'm keeping an eye out for ideas :P I often wear the t-shirts, and have a small keychain (modded blindbag) on my jacket. But it's not always appropriate.

Please state the name of the pony or something when spotting other Bronies, so that they know? Like "hey, nice Derpy!" or something.

At the town carnival earlier in the year I wore Pinkie Pie (Portal one.. I'm in the UK but imported some WLF shirts :3) and some girl - of typical Brony age, mid to late teens or so - shouted "I love your t-shirt!" but the thing is on the extremely rare occasion anything gets attention it catches me off guard and I get flustered ^^; It's lucky I noticed as usually when out and about my mind is about a million miles away. I'm my own worst enemy, really.
All I did was say "oh, thanks!" and keep walking, and it never occurred to me to follow up with "so you a fan?" - it only registered as a general compliment from someone impressed to see a guy wearing something pink.

Makes me wonder now, as thinking about it.... she may have been one of the people I met at the Rainbow Rocks screening. Wish I knew, just out of curiosity :P. I'm not sure - one thing that really sucks about me is that I don't really remember faces. Add in that I'm a bit older and don't really want to be some weirdo going around staring at teens (in the hope they're wearing some subtle pony thing or I recognise them), and I probably miss Bronies all the time.

I need something that is blindingly obvious to fans but not to others. Saying "20% cooler" is quite hard to shoehorn into things, and I think it's a phrase that "other non-Bronies who are aware of Bronies" probably know by know, so it's less covert nowadays.

Edited by Lakes Geek

• 2 months later...