Twiliscael

Mega Thread Ever meet any other Bronies in RL?

I was in a gaming and hobby store last week, wearing a Minecraft shirt, and there was a guy carrying a duffel bag with Rainbow Dash and a bunch of MLP buttons on the side. He remarked, "Nice shirt!" to me, so I replied, "Thanks. Nice bag!" He nodded, so it was kind of a subtle acknowledgement on my part.

As a closeted brony myself, I am trying to meet other bronies without bringing negative attention to myself. However, I dont like going to meetups or conventions as I have some social anxiety.

As someone with social anxiety who recently started going to meetups, believe me when I say that it's definitely worth it.

A lot of bronies have social issues, and the ones who don't are pretty accepting/understanding of such things. There's no need to worry. Just do it. You won't regret it. I must admit that going to the first meeting was particularly daunting, but as it stands now, it was one of the best decisions I've made in years.

It's the easiest, surest way to find bronies, and I promise you won't bring any negative attention to yourself by showing up. I guarantee it.

Edited by Regulus

I really like wearing MLP hoodies, shirts, or using MLP computer/phone/tablet wallpapers. It not only shows I'm proud to love ponies, but it gives other bronies/pegasisters a way to see that I'm part of their fandom, too, and that's pretty cool. :wub:

I saw a guy wearing a Spike t-shirt at Walmart, and saw another brony/pony collector buying packages and packages of pony collector-type merchandise(blind bags, etc.).

One reason why I love the Forums is that it's a way to share the love of ponies with a ton of people from all over the place without having to (in a subtle way) search around for bronies/pegasisters in public places, which is hard. :huh:

But I have seen a few MLP fans in public before.

I noticed the backpack a guy was carrying and saw a Fluttershy pin.

On multiple occasions especially in public I have spotted rather quirky and geeky people in public with backpacks with pins on them. There was this one guy who was a big fan of pokemon and invader zim and had a pokemon shirt and beanie on. He was also wearing invader zim merchandise on him. I had a really strong feeling he was a brony but upon further looking at his pins and merchandise no pony merchandise was to be found. I have had similar occasions with people like this with tons of geeky stuff like anime, adventure time, pokemon, and regular show merch but no pony stuff.  There is a good chance that some of these people could have been bronies but it would have been really awkward if I went up to them randomly and asked as there is also a chance they may have not been.

Edited by GXPBlast

ive seen plenty, not one ive liked though sadly. Too violent or obsessed with gore. Wish I could meet someone who isnt potentially threatening to me... They usually reference the show with either the 20% joke or basically any other famous one.

Often the bronies I have met aren't exactly advertising their bronydom.

I've found out unexpectedly after becoming friends with them. Sometimes it's a phone background, profile pic to even a slipped comment or a silly grin at the thought of any horse/pony related puns.

It makes me wonder, there are probably many bronies out there and I'm not exactly wearing merch shirts or making it obvious. I guess it's just luck of the draw with that kind of thing.

I was in a gaming and hobby store last week, wearing a Minecraft shirt, and there was a guy carrying a duffel bag with Rainbow Dash and a bunch of MLP buttons on the side. He remarked, "Nice shirt!" to me, so I replied, "Thanks. Nice bag!" He nodded, so it was kind of a subtle acknowledgement on my part.

Haha, yep. I've definitely had my fair share of exchanged looks with people regarding that Fluttershy figure being sold across the other side of the store! We both know eachother likes MLP but are too afraid to admit it, even when it's obvious!  :yay:

Edited by The Crimson Cross

They usually reference the show with either the 20% joke or basically any other famous one.

I have been trying to keep my ears open for 20% cooler in conversations. No luck as of yet.

I've actually done something risky and showed an episode to the class before. Sadly, no luck, but luckily I wasn't picked on for it.

I came to school one day wearing my Brony T-shirt when a few people noticed it. Then they Brohoofed me after that. I've become friends with those people since.

Edited by CrazyMrLunaDash

There was a person I saw in my school that had a Brony hat with Rainbow Dash on it, they were walking down a crowded hallway and I would have said something to them, but my inner awkwardness and self-consciousness told me no  :blush:  

I've tried dropping hints and making references online. Like making comments about how that armour is 20% cooler than mine or saying "Good luck everypony" in WoT. But so far, no one has picked up on anything.

I have a single Alicorn!Twilight button I have on my bag I use when I go out. I was at the mall a few months back and I heard a girl say: "HEY! GIRL! I LIKE YOUR BUTTON!"

I just whirled around to see her and said, "THANK YOU." loudly.

Then she said, "CAN'T WAIT FOR SEASON FOUR."

And I was just like, "ME EITHER."

It was sort of weird 'cause I was with my family, but it was pretty funny at the same time.  :lol:

I have been trying to keep my ears open for 20% cooler in conversations. No luck as of yet.

Say it yourself. Literally no one will get the reference and if they do and hate bronies deny you know what they are and say that you just heard it in a youtube video. Also not many bronies are exactly "Out there." I mean, there are a lot, but its only like 10 to (dare I say it?) 20 percent of bronies.

Went to Subway yesterday and one of the employees saw my pony lanyard and he said " I love your lanyard" i asked him "you a brony?" He said "Hell yeah!" So we brohoofed after that :) got his skype too. Another friend aquired. :)

I haven't met many Bronies in casual life, they really aren't where I live for the most part. I did meet a crap ton of Bronies at Bronycon but uh... that's kind of expected.

I usually just try to create Bronies like a mad pony-lovin' scientist.

I'm now sure if this is a tip, but I was just out talking to myself at walmart when I saw that the rainbow power line wasn't in my stores yet. I said, "Agh!  Why can't I just find the rainbow power ponies" A guy was just walking buy and then stopped, he said that he has been looking for them too, and he wants them bad aswell.  He also showed me his MLP key chains he had on his car key.

Well don't know if this helps but I deck myself out in pony gear almost 90% of the time when I actually get off the old kiester and leave the home. Spike hoody, t-shirt, arm band and dogtag of Twily. When i went out on my b-day, I got lots of actually positive feedback even though I just wear that stuff cause I love having my pone with me everwhere i go. I met this dude in a surf shop in the mall (forgot the name :/) but he was like "Hey is that from that show thats all over the internet" and I just replied "Yep, Spike is his name" (he was pointing to my hoodie.

He started out with a teasing tone at first but that didn't bother me but after a while he told me about these  other girls that would drop some cereal dosh on the trading cards very often and went on to even compliment the hoodie saying it was 'killer'! Then another lady in the mall at one of the kiosks said it was cute and it looked awesome lmao. And last but not least there was a girl in the thrift shop that I visited with my mother as she was checking out some old VHS tape, she said "by the way, love the shirt". I didn't run into any other fans though (I don't think? maybe the girl was into it i dunno) but I always wear my Ponies proudly.

Edited by oPinkeroo4Uo

People laughed at me when I took Applejack for a walk. I live in a small village. There really isn't any way for bronies to meet up anyways. The closest town seems to have only one known brony, and I haven't met them. I only saw someone lived there on a Colorado brony forum. 

When I wear my Rarity shirt, no one knows. I mean it's just her cutie mark. I tried watching MLP and playing with the toys at the store in town, but I haven't had any luck. 

The only time I actually saw bronies who I knew were bronies was when I watched Rainbow Rocks in Fort Collins. 

Only brony I've met I met because he wears a MLP lanyard. I try just being aware of peoples shirts, backgrounds, and how people talk

Edited by wolfsclaw

People laughed at me when I took Applejack for a walk. I live in a small village.

That is sure to attract some attention lol.

Edited by GXPBlast

I actually haven't met any personally. I plan to start a club at my school, though. But first, when I get the money, I'm gonna get some pony shirts and wear it around school. Hope that will help me find some.

Well I don't really hunt down for any bronies ,but I have either seen them in Hot Topic rushing towards the counter or they just pass by. I usually wear a t-shirt sometimes or a dog tag, or wrist band, and anything else I can think of. 

"Ehem, hey dude - check this out! *link to video*"

Sadly, only one of my friends actually tried it out - but he loved it. Now we talk about it on a daily basis, and even joke about how manly we are (obviously joking since liking a show about pink ponies is the opposite of masculinity :P).

As for the others, I murdered them. EVERYONE MUST ENJOY PONES!  I'm fine with them for as long as they don't bully me over it.

Edited by BuzzBuzzTheBee

I bet some of you are gonna laugh at me for this.

I went to a Dungeons and Dragons campaign at my University, I took out my laptop (it has a giant Rainbow Dash sticker on the outside shell) and loaded my character sheets.

One of the guys in our group actually said "Hey, he has a Rainbow Dash sticker on his laptop." He then gave me a thumbs up and later a brohoof.

I saw a group of kids at the cafeteria at the college I go to stare at the computer screen with MLP scenes.