Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Ever meet any other Bronies in RL?

Twiliscael

There was a guy in my college with an MLP shirt on, and I think some of them hung around together at break and lunch. I remember that someone had also stuck an MLP sticker on one of the fire alarms. I can't remember ever speaking to them, I had my own circle of friends and none of them were bronies and they didn't know that I was (at the time).

I probably met around 20 bronies in real life. Most of them where just guys from meetups and some others are close friends of mine.

This was 2014 I believe in like July or something. MLP kind of faded for me. How is beyond me. Probably thinking no one in my town liked it or I just was tired of it.

One day I was browsing in the Hot Topic in my mall and was looking at the Luna starter deck that was next to The Walking Dead merch at the time. When a guy came over and probably thought out loud or said it higher then he meant to. Where was the other pony stuff? And I just suddenly started to talk where I saw some shirts and wristbands in the store. Which he seemed to perk up instantly.. like he found someone else that knew and liked the show and didn't throw him a look.

So I lead him to where it was and started to talk a little about the show.. 

Honestly I never got his name or saw him again but if it honestly weren't for him I wouldn't have come back to the show or even looked up Bronies in my town. So now I'm part of a very accepting group and community. 

Kinda storied this huh? XD anyway. Yes I met and know over 10 bronies in my town. There are over a hundred in the group which I am slowly meeting one by one.

Yes and it was exciting! Okay, so I met this guy at a fiesta and basically I referenced RD suttely because thats what I do... then he popped his nose in and we began to talk about who would win in fights RD or Pinkie, who would win races, that sorta thing. Sadly that was also the last time I saw him :c So far he's the only other one I've met

That would be a no. I still can't help but think I'm the lone brony in this West Virginia county. :P

How are things going down there in Boone county?

Anyways, I've only seen one other brony at school. I've never really talked to him before. I guess I might try to sometime.

• Brohoof 1

How are things going down there in Boone county?

Anyways, I've only seen one other brony at school. I've never really talked to him before. I guess I might try to sometime.

Well, right now you need to look at the weather. :P So much snow! <3

But yeah, we're good! I'm the only brony I know of down here! :P

• Brohoof 1

Well, right now you need to look at the weather. :P So much snow! <3

But yeah, we're good! I'm the only brony I know of down here! :P

It's snowing up here in the north central part of the state too.

You never know. I thought I was the only brony up in Taylor County for a good while, but I found out I wasn't alone. :)

• Brohoof 2

It's snowing up here in the north central part of the state too.

You never know. I thought I was the only brony up in Taylor County for a good while, but I found out I wasn't alone. :)

Fair point! Stranger things have happened. :3

• Brohoof 2

Yes! I know 2 Bronies :D 2 friendly,lovely guys I met throughout university and still keep in touch today via fb and the odd meetup ^_^
I know other guys that enjoy MLP including my own boyfriend though they don't class themselves as Bronies but have watched the odd episode here and there :) I've yet to come across a guy who hates it or thinks liking the show is lame or stupid thankfully!

I think I'm lucky where I live since most people I know or meet are rather laid back and very accepting of most people 

EDIT: I've just realised I've kinda bumped up an old thread. Sorry! Should have read the dates first >_< 

EDIT EDIT: Nm read the wrong dates! Already being a bit like derpyhooves on this site :o

Edited by Rachychu
  • Brohoof 2

Yuppers met a whole heard of them at the local Books A Million at the coffee bar. Got into a Reallly heated argument over who was the best pony .........    was out mubered by 2 Fluttershy fanatics :)   had a great time all the same.

• Brohoof 1

Not one, I'm afraid; as far as I know, I mean :blush: If I got some more interest in getting out of the house, maybe then I could actually find somepony...  :ooh:

Edited by Edwardo_Brony
  • Brohoof 1

One of my best friends is both a whovian and a brony! (I still think we need a special name for that. whoovian? whoofian?) The way I found out was, I was telling her a story about me being clumsy and stupid (as I always am.) when I said, "I mean, I just don't know what went wrong!" while crossing my eyes, and they got the reference! I also know 2 other people, both of witch I know watched the show last year, but one of them doesn't any more and I'm still not sure about the other one. also, another of my close friends just might be a brony, as he got an "about 20% cooler" reference. 

Pretty much only through meetups. I have seen one about a year or two ago when I was in school, but didn't stop and say anything since I was in the middle of something. I think I also saw one in the pink aisle of a Toys R Us a little after that, but didn't talk to them either, since I wasn't certain they were buying it for themselves.