Twiliscael

Mega Thread Ever meet any other Bronies in RL?

So, when I was at Boy Scout summer camp, I signed up for Horsemanship merit badge.  In addition to riding, tack, care, and grooming skills, one of the badge requirements is to name fifteen parts of a horse.  The idea is to name parts that are unique to horses (or at least hoofed animals), you know, like withers, gaskin, stifle, pastern, coronet, stuff like that.  But the counselors at that camp were really lenient, and a lot of the scouts would just say easy stuff like mane, tail, hoof, eye, etc.  When it was my turn, I said, "croup, dock, haunch, shoulders, hip", in that order.  One of the other scouts then began singing, "thread by thread, primmed and pressed, yard by yard, never stressed, and that's the art of the dreeeeeeessssssss!"

*SIGH*.  That never happended.  It was a big fat lie.  I did in fact earn horsemanship merit badge at camp, and I did in fact name fifteen of the more odd/unique parts, but I did not say "croup dock haunch shoulders hip".  There was no singing, and no brony meeting.  I made it up.  Matter of fact, I earned that badge about 12-13 years ago, so no FIM back then.  But how friggin awesome would that be if that happened??!!  Wouldn't that be the most incredible way to meet a brony, ever?!  Damn, that'd be so cool.

Badges

Keep the stories coming as I'm keeping an eye out for ideas :P I often wear the t-shirts, and have a small keychain (modded blindbag) on my jacket. But it's not always appropriate.

Please state the name of the pony or something when spotting other Bronies, so that they know? Like "hey, nice Derpy!" or something.

At the town carnival earlier in the year I wore Pinkie Pie (Portal one.. I'm in the UK but imported some WLF shirts :3) and some girl - of typical Brony age, mid to late teens or so - shouted "I love your t-shirt!" but the thing is on the extremely rare occasion anything gets attention it catches me off guard and I get flustered ^^; It's lucky I noticed as usually when out and about my mind is about a million miles away. I'm my own worst enemy, really.
All I did was say "oh, thanks!" and keep walking, and it never occurred to me to follow up with "so you a fan?" - it only registered as a general compliment from someone impressed to see a guy wearing something pink.

Makes me wonder now, as thinking about it.... she may have been one of the people I met at the Rainbow Rocks screening. Wish I knew, just out of curiosity :P. I'm not sure - one thing that really sucks about me is that I don't really remember faces. Add in that I'm a bit older and don't really want to be some weirdo going around staring at teens (in the hope they're wearing some subtle pony thing or I recognise them), and I probably miss Bronies all the time.

I need something that is blindingly obvious to fans but not to others. Saying "20% cooler" is quite hard to shoehorn into things, and I think it's a phrase that "other non-Bronies who are aware of Bronies" probably know by know, so it's less covert nowadays.

Edited by Lakes Geek

Only one, someone in my class is a brony. :)

There was a guy in my college with an MLP shirt on, and I think some of them hung around together at break and lunch. I remember that someone had also stuck an MLP sticker on one of the fire alarms. I can't remember ever speaking to them, I had my own circle of friends and none of them were bronies and they didn't know that I was (at the time).

I probably met around 20 bronies in real life. Most of them where just guys from meetups and some others are close friends of mine.

I've met about 12 bronies in real life.

Edited by The Crazy Luna Fan

Badges

This was 2014 I believe in like July or something. MLP kind of faded for me. How is beyond me. Probably thinking no one in my town liked it or I just was tired of it.

One day I was browsing in the Hot Topic in my mall and was looking at the Luna starter deck that was next to The Walking Dead merch at the time. When a guy came over and probably thought out loud or said it higher then he meant to. Where was the other pony stuff? And I just suddenly started to talk where I saw some shirts and wristbands in the store. Which he seemed to perk up instantly.. like he found someone else that knew and liked the show and didn't throw him a look.

So I lead him to where it was and started to talk a little about the show.. 

Honestly I never got his name or saw him again but if it honestly weren't for him I wouldn't have come back to the show or even looked up Bronies in my town. So now I'm part of a very accepting group and community. 

Kinda storied this huh? XD anyway. Yes I met and know over 10 bronies in my town. There are over a hundred in the group which I am slowly meeting one by one.

Yes and it was exciting! Okay, so I met this guy at a fiesta and basically I referenced RD suttely because thats what I do... then he popped his nose in and we began to talk about who would win in fights RD or Pinkie, who would win races, that sorta thing. Sadly that was also the last time I saw him :c So far he's the only other one I've met

That would be a no. I still can't help but think I'm the lone brony in this West Virginia county. :P

How are things going down there in Boone county?

Anyways, I've only seen one other brony at school. I've never really talked to him before. I guess I might try to sometime.

Not a single one yet :/

I wish I met one...

Edited by Alanj2007Games

Yup i have, i went to my first weekly meetup some days ago and met some. Very friendly people. :3

Nope. I know there is one in my school because my friend told me so. But I've never met them personally and they probably don't know I exist  :P.

My friend Elliot is a brony. If you mean anyone who likes the show, you can also count my friends Willow and Leah. No one knows I'm a brony, though.

How are things going down there in Boone county?

Anyways, I've only seen one other brony at school. I've never really talked to him before. I guess I might try to sometime.

Well, right now you need to look at the weather. :P So much snow! <3

But yeah, we're good! I'm the only brony I know of down here! :P

Well, right now you need to look at the weather. :P So much snow! <3

But yeah, we're good! I'm the only brony I know of down here! :P

It's snowing up here in the north central part of the state too.

You never know. I thought I was the only brony up in Taylor County for a good while, but I found out I wasn't alone. :)

It's snowing up here in the north central part of the state too.

You never know. I thought I was the only brony up in Taylor County for a good while, but I found out I wasn't alone. :)

Fair point! Stranger things have happened. :3

I met the greatest person in the wotld, AND she's a brony.

It's mah girlfriend. :3

You're a really lucky person! Congratulations, my friend!

Yes! I know 2 Bronies :D 2 friendly,lovely guys I met throughout university and still keep in touch today via fb and the odd meetup ^_^
I know other guys that enjoy MLP including my own boyfriend though they don't class themselves as Bronies but have watched the odd episode here and there :) I've yet to come across a guy who hates it or thinks liking the show is lame or stupid thankfully!

I think I'm lucky where I live since most people I know or meet are rather laid back and very accepting of most people 

EDIT: I've just realised I've kinda bumped up an old thread. Sorry! Should have read the dates first >_< 

EDIT EDIT: Nm read the wrong dates! Already being a bit like derpyhooves on this site :o

Edited by Rachychu

Yuppers met a whole heard of them at the local Books A Million at the coffee bar. Got into a Reallly heated argument over who was the best pony .........    was out mubered by 2 Fluttershy fanatics :)   had a great time all the same.

I havent met anyone and I doubt I will meet anyone unless I get sudden boost to my social interaction skills.

Not one, I'm afraid; as far as I know, I mean :blush: If I got some more interest in getting out of the house, maybe then I could actually find somepony...  :ooh:

Edited by Edwardo_Brony