Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Ever meet any other Bronies in RL?

Twiliscael

I know one in my school, but this kid greatly annoys me. He's the bad kind of brony: he tries to shove all his opinions down your throat.

Those are the fake meme-mongering ones :/
  • Brohoof 1

Since I'm in high school, I see A LOT. I met about 10 bronies/pegasisters. I also converted a few of my friends from Jr. High. Because I have aspergers' (I don't know if I spelled thagt right) I'm in a program for it, and in Jr. High I was in a class with 7th, 8th, AND 9th graders. I've converted two poeple from that class, one of which 'graduated' from the program, and I somehow converted him through dA and talking on the phone, and the other one, who was a grade ahead of me, I converted him by telling him about the adult jokes and stuff just this past year. Another person I knew from that class, became a brony before me, since he's also a grade ahead. And he converted another person I knew, who was ALSO a grade ahead. So, 4 people I knew already are bronies, then I met about 10 more. MY brother also watches the show, but he's not really a 'fan'.

So, I know a lot. =P I'm surrounded by them!

I've discovered that a few friends were bronies, but that's about it. Two of them are assholes though. It makes no sense how they could like anything pony related.

I've worn a Rainbow Dash shirt around a mall, and Wal-Mart, but no brohooves were received.

(edited)

I found out one of my friends was a BRONY as well as two kids on my bus unfortunately when I met the kids on the bus I was new to the show and wasn't in to it that much yet so we didn't say much until the last few days of school when I watched all the episodes. (which was peaceful show related arguments thoughts and opinions) then there was this one guy who i had just met and was talking with who had a friend who was a BRONY wich showed him an image macro of psycho twilight on his cell phone and he asked me "are you a BRONY?" And I responded "I was in the middle of the last episode before I left the house to get here." Then we high fived each other.

Edited by Dasher

So far, the only bronies I know IRL are those who I converted. I haven't met any in public yet, but I do KNOW that there are bronies out there thanks to a story my dad told me.

My dad, for my birthday, because he's awesome, wen't to Toys R Us to get me some MLP toys. He said that at the register, he sighed and said "I never thought I would be buying my son My Little Pony toys for his 18th birthday" and the cashier smiled, "He's a brony? Oh that is awesome! I wan't his number!"

I never got her that number... :(

• Brohoof 1

my favorite brony encounter was probably when i was skiing. i have a RD sticker on my helmet and one day when i was dropping into the park i heard a guy scream "holy shit! he has rainbow dash on his helmet!". a good 10-20 people heard and looked over, i lold. ended up talking to the guy for a bit

Well, I was walking round with my Pinkie pie tshirt and a car passing by slowed down and honked, but I jumped because it scared the crap outta me, so we didn't really have a conversation. But I believe it was really a brony encounter, because the guy in the car even waved at me. :D

• 2 weeks later...

I was at cedar point wearing a rainbow dash shirt and some girl same up to me and said, "Hello there fellow brony" and then we talked for awile and rode the Dragster together. Another time I was at camp and y counselor was talking about sharing, and I starting singing the pinkie pie song to myself, "You gotta shareeee you gotta care...." And the person next to me starting singing "....It's the right thing to do." We still keep in touch

The only bronies I have come across in real life are family that already saw the show. Mother, Uncle, and a few other family members.

The rest of the family that I normally hangout with are not bronies but look at it and say, "Oh that's cool but its not my thing." which allows me to be on any extent of a brony I want to be :)

My brother just told me of a brony encounter he just had, or rather witnessed from afar.

Recently at the local Mall, thanks to Nick Jr. going off of cable tv, they began showing the Hub in the food court. My brother, to see what would happen, went there when MLP was going to start. Immediately they saw one guy with a laptop sit close to the television and was pretty open about enjoying the show. (The episode playing was A Dog and Pony show)

Then a couple minutes later, a couple really buff guys in tank tops walk in and see the show is on. They look at each other, glance around suspiciously, and sneak over to sit behind the brony and begin watching the show. The brony quieted down though, and tried to act inconspicuous, (due to the two guys' large stature, he probably was intimidated) Then the two buff guys' group of friends, who were also imposing in stature, walk in and find the two sitting and come up to them. They try and invite them to come along with them to go somewhere else, but the two guys kept making excuses to stay. "Dude, you're not watching this show are you?" One of the friends taunts. "No..." One of the two tough bronies quickly replies.

Eventually the friends pester off and leave the two buff guys alone. As soon as they left, the two buff guys change tables to sit next to the brony and they exchange a brohoof as they watch the rest of the episode. :lol:

• Brohoof 2

While I was at Cedar Point, I saw not 1, but 2 bronies, and considering I don't get out much, that's a lot to see in one place :).

While I was waiting in line for Millennium Force (The world's greatest roller coaster), I saw a guy with a Rainbow Dash shirt that said "This Shirt Just Got 20% Cooler" while he was getting off the ride. The other brony I saw was while I was walking back to Hotel Breakers one day. I then see this dude with a Doctor Whooves shirt and I'm like "Another one? Score!".

If only I said something......

I don't know if she was a brony or not. I was at the grocery store a couple days ago wearing my pony shirt (http://www.welovefine.com/739-flowing-rainbow.html) and the bagger said "I like your rainbow dash shirt". That was the first time anyone commented on my shirt and I've had it for a few months. I think she was a closet brony since she said her favorite pony was Fluttershy, but just after saying that she quickly said that she watched it with her daughter. ;)

I can tell there are a lot of bronies in my area because i went to the mall after they restocked the T-shirt store. There inside the T-Shirt store was an image of the shirt and the shirts were below it.

And below all the T-shirts were full stock. Except for the MLP ones. There were 2 different MLP shirts there, one was a RD and pinkie pie one and the other one was an RD one. Well those shirts were pretty much half stock.

Confusing to explain. The point is people in my area are buying shit loads of MLP shirts!

.......... No..... Sadly No.... i'm all alone in this crazy mixed up world of ours.

But i do think there are bronys at my school though. I found a paper on the floor that had a bunch of pony names on it and combinations of names. Sort of like shipping names. Still don't know who it belongs to though. And my school is so large i don't think i'm ever gonna find out.

• 3 weeks later...

First day of college, I've got an hour between classes and I sit near a table of people with Magic the Gathering cards.. And I hear the magic word "Bronycon". "Bronycon?" I say and I look at the guy that said it, he was wearing a Derpy shirt, I exclaimed "Derpy!" and showed him my Cutie Mark tattoo and a pic of my Derpy License Plate.

He's the first Brony I've met in real life.

• Brohoof 17