Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Ever meet any other Bronies in RL?

Twiliscael

I have a couple of random encounters. The first was back in July when I attended music festival, several girls gave me Brohoofs for my Dr. Whooves shirt.

The second time I was at work and I set my iPod down on a speaker dock that another employee keeps there just so I could charge it up. A guy I barely spoke to before picked it up and started browsing my music. Now normally I would get very defensive if somebody touched my iPod for fear of being judged based on my music, but that day I thought "why the hell not?" it's not like I care what other people think. I had completely forgotten I had all of Season 2 on it.

Next thing I hear is "I want to watch that". Turns out his girlfriend is a Brony and she introduced him to the show, though him and her I met 5 more bronies and we've been hanging out ever since.

• Brohoof 1

Well I've had three and a half I guess.

I say a half because my first "encounter" was when i wasn't actually a brony. I won't go into detail about that though...

However, I will go into detail about the other three.

The first one was nothing special. Saw a niner (term for grade nines in my school (don't know if it's common outside of my school)) last year when I was in grade 10. He was wearing a brohoof shirt so I said" Brohoof." and held out my fist. I think he was listening to musci (can't remember), so he didn't hear me, and said "What?"

And I said "Brohoof."

This happened about three more times, then "Oh!" , a bro hoof was given, then he walked away chuckling :P

Second one is a little more substantial. I was walking to sit with my friend, and his friends, and I had just come from doing an art project, so I had a Pinkie Pie picture in my hand that I'd been using as a reference. So two of my friend's friends say

"Is that Pinkie Pie?!"

"Yeah. Why?" *starting to get nervous*

"Oh my gosh, you're awesome." *turns to my friend* "I approve of him being in our group." :P

My third is very recent, maybe about a 2 weeks ago. I was in art class, and was doing another Pony project ( :P ), when someone said "What is that? A cow?"

Me: "No (>_>) ask (someone I knew who wasn't a pegasister, but knew about MLP) what it is."

She says "It's a My Little Pony!"

As she said it, and I was nodding, this kind of goth girl I sort of knew whips around immediately (I was behind her) and says

"Which one?"

"Scootaloo."

"Nice."

But that's about it :/

I never followed any of these up (I'll try and work the nerve up to do so for the last two soon though :S ).

• 4 months later...

Has anyone met a brony in public before? I've never had that experience, so to the people who have, I envy you. Try naming instances where you've met a fellow brony out in public, whether it was coincidental, whatever.

Edited by Thatoneguy75
  • Brohoof 1

Nothing really special here.  I met one at my college anime club- he liked my Dr. Whooves shirt, I noticed his Keep Calm and Brony On shirt. 

Another time at work one of the customers was wearing a Vinyl Scratch hoodie, so I asked him about it- I told him I was a huge fan of the show too, and we got to talking a little bit, and it turned out he was one of the guys responsible for Bronycon, which I thought was cool.  I would have talked to him more, but there were several customers behind him...

• Brohoof 1

Well, I haven't seen him or talked to him since high school started this year. (I don't even know if he was a Brony before it started. I didn't even discovethe show before this summer.) anyway, my non-Brony friend said this guy was a Brony. So I guess I'vemet one, but before I knew it, and before I was even a Brony.

However, this guy is kinda weird, and I wouldn't really call him my friend or anything like that.

I've met a few in public. Though none of them have really been positive experiences. I spent a few nights with a couple of my brony friends. (I knew them before ponies) and they had another guy stay with them. 

I don't think he could've been more obvious about how badly he wanted to share a bed with me ._.

I've also met a few randomly, though I've never really talked to them for very long.

Me and a bunch of friends planned of going to the cinemas a while ago (before season 3 came out) to watch "Pony Party" which was just 3 episodes of MLP from season 1 xP We were all expecting season 3 episodes back then D: 

Anyways, after the movie we just had a stroll around the mall until someone suddenly stopped by and notice all our brony shirts, plushies and hats that most of us wore. The face of her reaction to see a bunch of other bronies was such a big surprise for her because she's never seen one before (and neither have we). 

She showed us her MLP bracelet, some figurines that she bought for her boyfriend and told us that she worked at smiggle so we can say hi the next time we saw her x) It was an awesome experience to meet such a nice pegasister/brony for the first time!

• Brohoof 2

I remember I met a brony in Hobby Lobby. He was wearing a Lyra shirt, and I was so happy! I went up and commented on how I liked his shirt. I was wearing a Rainbow Dash backpack at the time, and his girlfriend (who apparently is a brony too) was really happy to see that I liked MLP too. :P It was super cool!

I also saw a woman in a Derpy jacket somewhere, but I didn't get the time to talk to them. I would love to though! :D 

In my school there are some bronies, but not alot. Most of the people in my school don't know much about it. 

• Brohoof 1

The first time I had a confirmed sighting of a brony was at school. During break time, this guy caled Joseph was watching a MLP episode on his laptop off youtube. Nobody else around him seemed to notice or care. Thanks to him, I realized that MLP was a cartoon. This was before I became a brony, and I used to think that ponies was just a popular meme. After school I searched MLP: FiM on google and started watching. MAGIC poured into my brain and I was instantly a brony. However I didn't realize that I was a brony until "Bridle Gossip". It was one of those 'epithany' moments where you suddenly realized something you didn't before. It wasn't until then when I realized I was a brony. Anyways, I'm not too sure if this guy is actually a brony now. He is on my skype contacts. Once I skyped him and he didn't question about my skype display picture, which was a parasprite. 

There was another instance at school where I saw Joseph walk by with this other guy, and they were talking. As I recall, this was kind of what they said: 

"...they couldn't find the Elements of Harmony. To Twilights surprise, the Elements were actually in her house..."

Just from a few seconds of their conversation I knew that the guy Joseph was talking to was probably a brony as well, or just interested in the show.

Once I was at an engineering summer program in Seatle University, and our class went to the computer lab to do some research for a project. This was the second or third day of the three weeks I was staying there. I saw one guy sitting in front of me with a picture of Twilight Sparkle on his screen, along with a bunch of text. He was probably on Equestria Daily. He quickly closed that tab, and looked around to see if anyone saw. I suspected that he was probably a brony. After we were done using the computers I started talking to him and tried to bring up MLP to our discussion. I forgot what I said but I managed to bring up ponies into the conversation, and it wasn't until a while later where he said something like: "As a brony..." We became pretty good friends, and I introduced him to this site as well. His username is blublaze96. 

Oh right and while I was at the summer camp in Seatle, once I would see this woman in a Derpy hoodie. So I do see some random bronies once in a while.

Edited by Flip
  • Brohoof 3

Nice getting a Brony to join the site, Flip.

*Takes a puff on pipe*

Admittedly I haven't met many other Bronies in my travels, but I have a met a few that I'll share with the class.

The first Brony I ever met was in college in 2011, and I DID know who Bronies were and what they liked at the point. I recall that it was in one of my Routers classes; I had actually known the guy for a few months, but one day he walked into class with a Fluttershy shirt on. You should've seen the look on my other friends faces; they instantly started making fun of him, but I don't think he really cared that much. I know I didn't; I had already made a lot of Brony friends on the Internet, so I didn't really care that much about it myself. We're still friends to this day and we watch the show from time to time together, but I don't really credit him with getting me into the show.

The next Brony I met was my youngest brother. I remember that I was hanging out with both of my brothers, just chilling and such, when my youngest brother walked over and looked at the background on my laptop; it was a rainbow flying through a valley. He asked me what in the world it was, and my middle brother, who already knew I was a Brony, told him it was probably a My Little Pony background. My youngest brother asked me if I liked the show, and I told him I was a Brony. He said that was pretty cool, and then said nothing more on the matter. A few days later, I find out that he was a Brony because one of his friends at school had gotten him to watch the show. Suffice to say, it's awesome to have a family member who's also a Brony.

I of course have meet a couple of Bronies who work at Hot Topic, and it's always nice to chat with them about the show whenever I'm buying a shirt or other merchandise.

The last Brony I met was actually just two weeks ago; I was in a card shop near my house with one of my friends and I noticed that they had My Little Pony cards there. I started looking at them, and another Brony walked over and started talking to me; we talked about conventions, the Funko Pony figures, and a bunch of other stuff. It was a great experience to say the least.

*Takes a puff on pipe*

And that's about it.

• Brohoof 2

I met both a brony and a pegasister in the same store once. I also was noticed with my Derpy shirt by a lady who wanted a picture of me because of the shirt. Apparently her nephew is a huge MLP fan. :)

Beyond that, haven't met anymore. I do not leave my home very often at all.

OK! I need to respond to this on the off case one of these people Ive met is on here. That would actually be the coolest thing ever.

ENCOUNTER #1: 

Ok, so I was visiting the Kennedy Space Center, minding my own business. I just so happened to have a "Brony" shirt on under my hoodie, which was unzipped. Anyway, I was walking to the simulator thing that they have there, and on the way there was a group of girls (only 2 or 3) that were singing the theme song, or some other song from the show. I walked right past them, when I decided to say something to them. I turned around and said "I like your singing" or something along those lines. The girls looked back at me inquisitively, so I showed them my T-shirt. Their response: "OMG THATS AWESOME" or something  along those lines. Anyway, it was a fun experience. 

ENCOUNTER #2: 

This one is not as detailed. I was at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute on a college visit. I was walking to the admissions office when a student walked out. He had a shirt on that said "Autumn Running of the Leaves Festival". I said I liked his shirt. He said thanks. That was the extent of our discussion. 

ENCOUNTER #3: 

Be at the Naval academy now. Be doing PT out on the fields  See another person there with a Brony shirt on. Begin conversation. Never got a name from him, but our mutual intrest seemed to really upset one of his friends, who vocally expressed his distaste in all things pony on multiple occasions. 

Ive met other people a number of times as well. Including once on XBox live over a round of Halo 4. His Tag was MLP, and I messaged him about it. 

Anywho, thats my story. If I sound familiar to anyone, please let me know! I think you would be the coolest person on the planet!

• Brohoof 4

OK! I need to respond to this on the off case one of these people Ive met is on here. That would actually be the coolest thing ever.

ENCOUNTER #1: 

Ok, so I was visiting the Kennedy Space Center, minding my own business. I just so happened to have a "Brony" shirt on under my hoodie, which was unzipped. Anyway, I was walking to the simulator thing that they have there, and on the way there was a group of girls (only 2 or 3) that were singing the theme song, or some other song from the show. I walked right past them, when I decided to say something to them. I turned around and said "I like your singing" or something along those lines. The girls looked back at me inquisitively, so I showed them my T-shirt. Their response: "OMG THATS AWESOME" or something  along those lines. Anyway, it was a fun experience. 

ENCOUNTER #2: 

This one is not as detailed. I was at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute on a college visit. I was walking to the admissions office when a student walked out. He had a shirt on that said "Autumn Running of the Leaves Festival". I said I liked his shirt. He said thanks. That was the extent of our discussion. 

ENCOUNTER #3: 

Be at the Naval academy now. Be doing PT out on the fields  See another person there with a Brony shirt on. Begin conversation. Never got a name from him, but our mutual intrest seemed to really upset one of his friends, who vocally expressed his distaste in all things pony on multiple occasions. 

Ive met other people a number of times as well. Including once on XBox live over a round of Halo 4. His Tag was MLP, and I messaged him about it. 

Anywho, thats my story. If I sound familiar to anyone, please let me know! I think you would be the coolest person on the planet!

Very interesting experiences!

I know it's probably not him and that many people use an MLP tag, but I know that CraigAA1028 uses an MLP tag. Not sure if he plays Halo 4, although I'm pretty sure he does. He's a pretty popular guy on Youtube.

Very interesting experiences!

I know it's probably not him and that many people use an MLP tag, but I know that CraigAA1028 uses an MLP tag. Not sure if he plays Halo 4, although I'm pretty sure he does. He's a pretty popular guy on Youtube.

Perhaps! 

He was level 88 last I talked to him, but that was like a month ago. Im friends with him on live, but I just dont remember his gamertag at the moment.

Perhaps! 

He was level 88 last I talked to him, but that was like a month ago. Im friends with him on live, but I just dont remember his gamertag at the moment.

Hmm... maybe, maybe not. I know his Gamertag that uses the MLP tag is Rogue47, but he doesn't usually accept friends so it's probably not him...

But there's always the possibility!

• Brohoof 1

I remember this one time before I even heard of Friendship is Magic or bronies for that matter when I just got off work and as I was on my way out I saw this one coworker with his wife, she was wearing a shirt that said "brony" on it. When I saw the shirt I wondered what a brony was and would have asked if I didn't have a bus to catch and was going to look it up later but somehow forgot about it for a while.

Fast forward several months to a year later and I am talking to another coworker when I am on my lunch and somehow the subject of what kind of shirts I wear comes up (I don't remember how exactly) and I mentioned that "I have this shirt from one show I watch." She asked which show and I said "it may be the last show you would expect me of all people to watch but My Little Pony Friendship is Magic." That same coworker and his wife that wore the "brony" shirt that one time who were there checking his schedule overheard and then the talk got to ponies. I asked them who their favorite ponies were and he said Rainbow Dash and she said Luna.

• Brohoof 2

Oh boy. I've met quite a few at my college, the first experience I had, though, was nice. 

I remember it was in one of my sociology classes called Deviance and Social Control. This was well before I got into the show myself, but the classmate I sat next to actually did quite a bit in the brony community and gave a presentation to the class about bronies near the end of the class itself. His presentation even became quite successful on Youtube, so serious props to him on that (though the class seemed more confused than anything by the end of it). Now I wish I had been a fan at the time to chat with him about the show! Anyhow, that was the first time I remember running into a brony, since then I've found quite a few; and I'm at a military college! 

I haven't really 'met' anyone, but I have encountered a couple- first time I saw another brony was when I saw a guy sifting through MLP DVDs by hand, but when I got near him he ran away... saw another one picking up some MLP cards another time, he was wearing a hat with Big Macintosh's cutie mark on it, but I was sitting down and he was basically there and out. Both of those times were at Walmart, I probably would have talked to them had they not gotten away so quickly... :huh:

• Brohoof 1

Outside of conventions, I usually saw one or two my final year of high school and I've met several during my one semester in college. Other than that, if I'm walking in the city there's a slim chance I might see someone wearing a bronyshirt, which has happened before but it's been pretty rare.

There was one guy I met a while ago, he goes to my school be we don't talk much. 

He wears a Rainbow Dash hoodie, with mane, blueness and all. He's a pretty cool guy, and is extremely open about his bronydom.

I do know another, and we used to be pretty good friends. It's too bad that we've since grown apart. It would be nice to have a closeish irl friend that likes MLP.

I've only met two bronies in real life. One is a year younger than me, and was one of the people who initially got me interested in the whole "Brony" concept. The second was a friend of mine who later admitted to being a Brony over a Facebook message. Oh yeah, and some people in my fencing club. They were pretty cool, too.

Aside from the two bronies I met at school, I met a random out-of-nowhere brony at the supermarket. I was wearing my Pinkie Pie t-shirt, and some older guy noticed it. He got so excited and he greeted me as well as brohoofed each other. He was wearing a Derpy t-shirt that had the saying "have a Derpy day!". It was literally the best 5 minutes of my life. Sadly we had to move on with our lives, and I regret getting his number or his info so we could talk more about ponies~! 

This was like...last year, so who knows if he's still living in this area. lol 

• Brohoof 1

I haven't met any bronies in the real world that I know of, but only just recently told my best friend I watch the show. He seemed unsettled by it, but I think if I ease him into it he might come around. I'm thinking about getting a rainbow dash or fluttershy shirt soon and maybe a derpy hoodie. I hope to meet some bronies in college by being a little more open with my bronydom and maybe convert some friends, too. 

I can only recall two instances where I randomly met a brony in public. (i.e. not counting my friends, though I was kinda surprised to hear that pretty much ALL OF THEM were bronies, so... there's that, I guess. XD)

-The first was this past fall when me and two of my buddies went to the Mall of America. We were in the giant LEGO display, and for reasons I don't remember, the subject of "Death Battle" came up, which of course led to a mention of the Starscream vs. Rainbow Dash fight. When I mentioned that, a random guy standing a few feet away heard me and said, "I'd give that fight to Rainbow Dash". Then we spent the next few minutes talking about how awesome it was to have randomly met a fellow fan. "Bronies: you never know where you'll find them," my friends said.

-The second was about a week ago, while I was at work. I have a job at Wal-Mart in the photo lab, but I frequently find myself working in the toy department, putting stuff out and straightening out the shelves. While I was in the aisle that has all of our MLP stuff, a couple came by and went straight to the $2 pouches. Turns out they were looking for two specific ponies, and the woman had a page pulled up on her phone that listed which numbers were the ponies she needed. So we went through the packages looking for the two she needed. As they started walking away I said "brony on". She hears that and asks "you're a brony?" To which I replied yes, said something about Fluttershy being awesome, and they were on their way.

Would that I could have experiences like that every day I go to work. smile.png

• Brohoof 1