Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general questions Does MLP Forums Have Its Own Drawing Area?

Seapony_Tears

To post a picture, click on the little image icon at the top of the posting area, and then paste a link to it. 

To draw a picture, look up tutorials on youtube(I really need to get on doing this myself >.>)

• Brohoof 1

If you mean, the process of drawing, here's a few basic things to consider:

-everything is made of shapes. A pony's head is a circle. Their body is a bean shape. Their neck is made of two curved lines joining the two shapes. Practice breaking down objects into shapes.

-Use construction lines. What this refers to is the idea of drawing very lightly with a pencil when you begin drawing an image. Keep the lines "rough" and try to "sketch" out what you want to draw. When you have a sort of faded guideline of what you're going to draw you can go back and begin drawing harder lines which will clearly define your picture (using your lighter pencil lines as guidance).

-Use references. Please, use references. If for example you want to draw a pony, don't try to draw it from memory. Google a picture of a pony and use it as a reference. Keep looking at it again as you draw. This'll help you with the anatomy and style of what you're drawing. Remember to use the tips I said above as well, though.

Hope that helps you getting started :D

What I mean, is:

Does this website allow you to draw your own ponies on it? or do I have to draw it Seperately? I'm very confused.

Draw separately, upload somewhere, then share here.

<_<

Edited by The_Gobo

@@Seapony_Tears

Because this question is relating to functions here on MLP Forums, I have gone ahead and moved this thread to Site Questions & Tech Support. Also, I have altered this thread's title to give it more proper context.

To answer your question further, MLP Forums does not offer any sort of drawing application. If you wish to post your art, you must draw it on a different program first.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Does this website allow you to draw your own ponies on it? or do I have to draw it Seperately? I'm very confused.

No, it doesn't.  :twi:

You can draw horizontal lines like this though:

Nah, just kidding.

It's just a forum-site, so it doesn't offer drawing services.

To draw a pony manually, you can use various image-editing software. For example Windows offers you Paint. Additionally you can download more programs dependable on what you need. Personally I'm using GIMP. In these programs you can draw anything you want as long as you know how to draw. It's like paper and pencil in real life, with some extra functions.

If you're looking for something, that would allow you to make your pony of pre-made parts, then consider looking for pony generators. Search in Google for those.

Now when you'll get your images (.jpg / .png files etc.), you can upload them in two ways:

1) Attach Files

To attach your image, access the Full Editor be clicking this button:

xcPJ55i.png

You'll be redirected to the Full Editor, from where you can attach your files by pressing this button:

ehCQVy9.png

You'll be asked to choose your files from your PC, for example you can select an image from your desktop.

Then you can add them to your post and such.

2) Uploading images to image-hosting sites and putting a link to them. (posting offsite images)

If you'll get your image, for example a pony picture on your desktop, you can upload it to image-hosting sites.

Personally I'm using Imgur. Drag&drop your image there and get its link:

dF56wfW.png

Then in the text editor click this button:

HHLCtJ6.png

And paste the link to that image in the box:

z9XVwH9.png

Click 'OK' and your image will appear in the editor.

Now, you can post your pony.

...Of course assuming, that you want to post ponies in a thread.  ^_^