Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

perfume and cologne

J.T.

I personally can't tell much of a difference between the two other than the variety of scents, and the scents that I like are generally in perfume rather than cologne, so I usually end up using perfume. I like it when others use them, unless they are using extremely overpowering or bad ones.

• Brohoof 2

I don't, but I think a small amount of a good scent isn't a problem. Nothing worse than people doused in the stuff. If I can smell it as the person walks past me, it's just as bad as body odour. 

• Brohoof 5

I'm ok with very light perfume/cologne, as I'm pretty sensitive to it and can get some nasty allergies if the scent is too heavy. :please: 

• Brohoof 3

Oh god no to all of the above. I hate the smell of both and my nose and throat are really, really sensitive to people who over apply the stuff. I prefer people that smell like nothing. I don't mind the smell of sweat either though, it's a natural thing that happens when you work hard.

Edited by Celtore

I like cologne but I doubt I'll be buying it anytime soon.  Besides, most places around me try to be "scent-free" for those with allergies so I try to be respectful of that and not have any scents on, just one more reason not to get any cologne.

I used to use cologne, but stopped after I got out of high school.
Can't say I have a preference for people who use/don't use it, save for when they use too much.
Ends up stinkin' up the whole building.
Guh, I hate that.

I don't really use perfume myself. I think a good clean body smells fine on its own. I don't mind if others wear cologne or perfume if it's not bucketed on and making my eyes water. And I tend to prefer the lighter scents to the stronger ones that sting the nostrils in even the smallest amounts.  :grin:

• Brohoof 1

My mom hates perfume, she's very sensitive to it. So I never really was allowed to use or experiment with it. However, my friends have gifted me some on occasion. I think my favorite was the Love Spell from Victoria's Secret... Does that even exist anymore?

I don't have the sensitivity that my mom does. I really like the smell of some perfumes. Cologne is nasty, though. I pretty much hate any men's fragrance. It makes me sick.

• Brohoof 1

ive always been very drawn to guys that wear Calvin Kline stuffs. XP but for myself I just have 2 I wear, one casual one formal. Formal one is Hugo XX and the casual one is Lacoste Touch/Love of Pink i think it is anyway XP ive had it years.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

it's both a hate and love thing for me.
i do work in a grocery store and is exposed to that stuff often.
i don't mind lots of it if it actually smells good (which is extemely rarely).
otherwise, most times is those that smell horrible, and overused with horrible smell.
i do get reactions, like being dizzy or insta-loose stomach.

I'm surprised there are so many people who don't wear fragrance. I can't walk out of the house without wearing perfume, it feels wrong and gross.

• Brohoof 1

• 9 months later...

I use eau de cologne when I am attending parties or formal events.

Other than that, some aftershave when I am done shaving.

But on a day-to-day basis, just a nice deodorant.

Edited by Guest