Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Dragonpony Fan Club

Widdershins

I for one am a huge supporter & frenetic fan of dragons. In fact, if I don't see something vaguely dragon related at least twice a week I'll reliably & spontaneously burst into flame.

So I do ask thee, what happens when you combine the pure incarnation of majestic power with the pure incarnation of majestic cuteness? A Dragonpony!

Now while they don't appear in the show directly they are a major factor in MLP OCs and I do so love seeing everyone's renditions of the theme! Basically, as the name implies a Dragonpony shares qualities of both dragon & pony. Varying degrees of fur or scale and so forth, but almost always having the general pony shape. Kirins however are an entirely different breed though I'm not fully certain by how much, they're more like unicorn dragons and tend to have a certain pattern of fur to scale.

Dragonponies can vary from:

Fully Dragon:

starry_night_by_theguynooneremembers_d73

By Theguynooneremembers on Deviantart

Blue_drakepony.jpg

Or to only cosmetic changes:

princess_celestia_as_a_dragon_by_zapdosr

By Zapdosrocks

doll_chiara_the_dragon_pony_by_zafara122

Chiara by Zafara1222 (also on deviantart)

Oh, and just one more for good measure...

be58298e7608104d2bf36a62d45037b0.png

• 2 weeks later...

now I wonder what would happen if spike and rarity got a dragonpone kid XD

Hmm, do seem to recall there being a rather bulky, handsome, green stallion of theirs too, can't remember the name now to look it up though.

Also, remembering now that that pic of twi & dash as dragons was part of a set, y'all keep your ocular receptors peeled for that! I'd pay gold bricks for a Pinkie Dragon!

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well, finally found some Devian-artists that specialize in dragonpony art! Check them out for the rest of the set!

Got a good ol' AppleDragon from Shedardark!

apple_dragon_by_shedardark_d8flitp.jpg

...and finally found me a PinkDragon after an exaustive search! You'd think there was somethin' against fluffy dragons?!!

silly_in_pink_by_shinymyu_d4erzca.jpg

Pretty in Pink, dontcha' think Fluttershy?

dragon_ponies_set_2_by_blood_asp0123_d5m

Oh come on now, surely it isn't that bad, Flutters!

please_don_t_come_near_me_i_m_a_monster_

Oh no, there there! You're not no monster, you may be bigger & tougher, but you're still the same pegasus aren't you? Just think of it like being that much more closer to Rainbow's level of awesomeness, eh?

• 1 month later...