Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who'd Win In A Hoof Wrestle? Big Mac or Celestia?

Mysteli

So I saw this in a comic and it got me thinking, who'd win in a hoof wrestle?

Hoofwrestle.png

Celestia, an aged alicorn with a very massive body size, has the strength of an earth pony due to alicornism being a combo of all pony races. Meanwhile on the other end we have Big Mac, a large, brawny, strong stallion whom I'm pretty sure has some pretty buffed up strength from all the farm chores he does, giving him quite the good muscles to fight back this oversized mare.

I'm almost thinking Mac might win from his built up strength, but at the same time perhaps age has given Celestia the wits to know how to take down a strong colt such as Big Mac in a hoof wrestle. That Celestia face above though... looks half troll, half struggle. xP

• Brohoof 1

That picture basically answers the question out of hand hoof. Big Mac is straining, Celestia is all like, "what up?"  She's clearly not even trying and still beating BM handily. P Celly wins by a mile.

• Brohoof 2

I agree. I would under normal circumstances say Big Mac would have it in the bag, but that picture tells a different story.

Now for fun (and to help soothe Big Macs pride) we can say either:

1. Big Mac is just faking and letting Celestia win because the moon sucks this time of year.

2. That is not Celestia but one of those animatronic arm wrestling games you find in some carnivals and game rooms, and it is set to maximum Tirek on steroids power.

3. They just drew the image of Big Mac getting psyched up before the match started, and thus before he soundly defeated her.

But it is pretty obvious outside of those above possible circumstances that she is royally (HA!) defeating him.

Celestia is all like, "what up?"  She's clearly not even trying and still beating BM handily.

When looking only at the left half, the face looks like "is that all you've got?", but when looking only at the right the face then seems like "Hmph, so you think you can beat me?" with a (boy this guy is actually pretty tough) thought in mind. I wouldn't be surprised if Celestia was putting up an act.

Logically, Big Mac should be stronger, since he regularly does things that build his strength, while Celestia doesn't (as far as we know). He also seems like he might be the chivalrous type, though, and I have a feeling Big Mac is being chivalrous in the picture. He'd probably let Celestia win. 

When looking only at the left half, the face looks like "is that all you've got?", but when looking only at the right the face then seems like "Hmph, so you think you can beat me?" with a (boy this guy is actually pretty tough) thought in mind. I wouldn't be surprised if Celestia was putting up an act.

I'm not sure that expressions work like that. Her expression as a whole is amused and not even trying, while Big Mac is straining. Besides, the competition is not merely armwrestling, but it says "Test your Strength". That sort of implies the object is not to beat Celestia, but to see how you measure up against a virtual goddess. Not well, seems to be the result for Big Mac. I don't see any real reason to doubt Celestia is effortlessly holding back a pony who is straining to his upmost.

It's clearly an animatronic robot or it's Luna in disguise. Cuz Luna is so great and awsome while Celestia's forehoof would have snapped already. I mean, if it was Celestia for real, she would be in the position of a winner. And of course we can't have that, so there must be another explanation for this. (=

• Brohoof 1

What comic is that? I don't remember seeing it in Zen and the Art of Gazebo repair but maybe it has just been a while. It does however stand to reason that Alicorns would excel in all spheres associated with the three main species, not just magic. We just never see them use physical strength because there wouldn't be much reason for it. I would actually like to see that though as they use magic all the time and occasionally fly.

• 2 weeks later...

Celestia would be able to win hands down as she possesses incredible power that is hidden inside of a fragile body, a perfect bluff that can easily surprise anyone who doesn't suspect a thing.