Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

health Who is autistic?

Br O N Y Kitty

On 3/13/2017 at 1:20 AM, des said:

Me. Don't really like saying it or admitting to having it, though.

I'm pretty extroverted for an Autist.

I also have a number of other disorders so whoopie

I am not even sure what i have tbh. 

Edited by DayShadow
  • Brohoof 1

I am not even sure what i have tbh. There is something definitely wrong with me but what it is exactly i am not exactly sure. Mild Aspergers personally always seemed like the most plausible explanation for how i act. I have a diagnosis of ADD but my family and i largely agree it is a misdiagnosis because i was practically railroaded into it when i was younger. Really hoping my issues don't impede me in my future.

I'd say you should definitely try to get professionally diagnosed, but why would you ever want to know what's wrong with you lol

My advice is stay in the oblivion. You'll end up better without knowing.

i think that self diagnosed people make the rules up as they go as if they're playing d&d do you guys see my point.

nothing towards you lot is that I see a lot of self diagnoseing of not just autism also ands not limited to adhd downs bipolar disorder ptsd ocd anything to earn pity points with friends.

now theres nothing wrong with any of these but you have to spot the fakers and call them out.

Edited by Nightshroud

On 3/13/2017 at 1:32 AM, des said:

I'd say you should definitely try to get professionally diagnosed, but why would you ever want to know what's wrong with you lol

My advice is stay in the oblivion. You'll end up better without knowing.

That is pretty much what i plan to do. 

Edited by DayShadow
  • Brohoof 1

I am but I never really noticed I had it until I was older, can't diagnosis it at a young age until you get a very good understanding of the spectrum. 

• Brohoof 1

Guys; please don't force me to lock this thread. It isn't that hard to conduct a civil discussion. A few posts had to be hid because of their hostile nature and/or questionable content, and I'd rather not lock the thread in full.

So please; play nice.

Thank you.

• Brohoof 1

I have Asperger's syndrome too, and I can relate to what you said. Being socially awkward, I sometimes just don't know what to say to people and when I force myself to do so, I kind of make myself look silly. For some reason, when I'm with my friends, I do not experience this. I still don't feel like wanting to date either, even at my 20th. I also have some problems with my motoric skills sometimes.

But please don't think too bad about yourself, as people with autism usually have very unique skills and interests. We do experience life in a different way, so please make it yours and don't mind your social skills too much. I have learned from my mistakes, and so I am sure you can do that too  :P 

This is very much true to me, as I easily get hooked by everything anime and cartoons. I typically relate more to other creatures than human beings for some reason too, and as such, this makes shows like MLP stand out to me. I can't say this is true for every member, as autism is a very 'broad' word.  

oh yeah I agree truly do not look down on us because he have autism I've had people look down on me due to my autism.

LMFAO 90%, divide that by 18 and that would be a more accurate number. Dunno why you thought that would be a close percentage of the people with autism on here 

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...

LMFAO 90%, divide that by 18 and that would be a more accurate number. Dunno why you thought that would be a close percentage of the people with autism on here

Estimates range from 1 in 70 to 1 in 40 Americans, and most of them are considered to have Aspergers, which is a high-functioning variation of the disorder. This is not mentioning how frequently it is misdiagnosed – people often try to self-diagnose themselves when they simply have social awkwardness or shyness, which is not only psychologically harmful but also tries to reinforce negative behavior. Disorders in the autism spectum have very specific symptoms.

• 4 weeks later...

I myself was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome about six or seven years ago, when I was 12. My dad at first thought that my not communicating with others was probably due to my grandma babying me, but then he really noticed how I reacted to other kids my age and had a school counselor diagnose me and my brother after him having been misdiagnosed with ADHD and put on medication to control it.

I don't have autism or Asperger's, but I do have ADHD (Attention Deficity Hyperactivity Disorder). I have friends with autism and Asperger's so this has never stopped me from being social with them. I can't claim to know what they go through, though.

Got Autism myself, but the effects it's had on me have sort of died over the years, the most you'll see me doing that's autistic like would be pacing and misunderstanding jokes, but it was very severe when I was young, used to be a mute and such.

I have had signs and symptoms of aspergers my whole life. When I wad a baby I screamed constantly, hated being held, held toys but didn't play, flapped my hands,etc.  I am developed mentally delayed but I have made great strides in my autistic journey. I still flap my hands, get confused over small things, do stupid stuff, have trouble tying my shoes, nervous about ever working again or going to college, and certain things still hurt my ears, but I'm actually doing better at times. Engaged. Got an apartment. Been published in my local newspaper. Went fishing. Etc.  I would never give up part of who I am but I wouldn't want someone to be born with it either. What I mean by that is that I have no problem with people on the spectrum just wouldn't pray or wish for someone else to have it. I hope we all discover ourselves and find a peaceful life. 

On 1/4/2017 at 2:30 PM, Nerdy Luigi said:

Probably nowhere near 90% of the members here are autistic, but probably I'd assume our community has at least a good 10x higher percentage of members in the autism spectrum than the percentage of the world population. Now I could offer up a reason why I think this is, being that autistic children and adults are more heavily influenced by cartoons like MLP... But anyways...

The other thing is that aside from the theme the forum format probably attracts people with autism as it's easier to socialize there then in person. 

• 7 months later...
2 hours ago, Mlppotterwhoovian said:

I have autism and don’t see the point of this thread ps. Don’t insult other users with autism, it’s wrong 

I didn't insult anyone, I was just asking who also has autism.