Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

health Who is autistic?

Br O N Y Kitty

• 3 months later...
On 2021-04-20 at 6:11 AM, Fluttershyfan94 said:

I believe that in modern society a lot of people like to label themselves. Some to have victim points, some for attention and others who genuinely are affected by it putting the label to explain. Mainly I say this as anyone who knows autism would know that in most cases it is no joke there are many levels of it. I believe everyone literally everyone can identify with some of the asperger or autism spectrum. People can claim they are autistic just having slight communication problems this would be a level one autism. You have the level two being repetitive actions and this I would say is autism as you do this action to ground yourself. Then you have level three and that is where you start to need more support that is. 

I have autism I already know that aspergers and autism in general although I also have hyperactivity so really I can not say that it affected much unless you think needing to flick a lightswitch certain amount of times somehow prevents you from living daily life. My main trouble is sounds and visuals as they upset me to the point of needing to block it out entirely as is why I loved having headphones and phones are definitely an autist friend I would say. Of course though it is by no means preventing me from living my life on daily basis while it is difficult you learn to pretty much use it to your advantage such as being super interested in things can really help you in school.

Yes, there really are some people out there who use the label for attention but were not officially diagnosed. The vast majority of those with autism just use it to explain themselves to people. It is unfortunate that there are a tiny minority of people posing as autistic for social media attention and the like, and it gives away to neurotypicals the impression that autism is simply a fad diagnosis that is passed out willy-nilly to people who are just nerds or a little strange. However, in reality there is a threshold for how many of the traits you need in order to be diagnosed with the condition. A couple peculiarities do not indicate autism. Having actual difficulties with social interaction and routines or highly focused interests or differences in processing sensory information are the basic characteristics of autism. However, it is rare for a person to have every single trait to extreme degrees like autism is depicted in the media. Every autistic person is affected differently, and no two people have exactly the same experiences.

I have it
my issues come in when I'm demanded of too many things I also have a hard time understanding what people feel or are saying which is why I actually dislike texting a lot also miscommunication is a norm for me i also won't speak the way i want to when I am stressed or in a situation I'm not used to which gives people a wrong idea of my intentions so i want to say this but I feel stressed so it comes out differently and now people think i'm poor or whatever they think i hate that this happens which is why I doubt I will have any lasting friendships anytime soon

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I think there's a good chance that I'm mildly autistic, but I don't want to self-diagnose. I talked to my therapist about it, she gave me a checklist and it came out very likely, but she's not authorized to give me real tests and diagnose me and said I would have to find someone who specializes in it to test and that it would be expensive. I decided against doing that testing for the time being for various reasons, but it is on my mind a lot whether or not I'm autistic. So many of my traits would make sense if so. However, I must note that I'm already confirmed neurodivergent in terms of being ADHD, and there seems to be some overlap, making clearing this up even more difficult.

Someday, I hope to find out. But not right now with me needing to save every penny to move and also, just really don't want another reason I'm different diagnosed the way the world is right now.

Well the only problems I’ve had is social problems and school problems. I was in almost all special classes. Throughout middle school and high school. In grade school I had an iep but that just took a few words off the spelling list and shortend worksheets. 
And socialy I had a hard time around people and it just got worse and worse untill going into a grocery store without having panic attacks and breaking down. I’ve gotten much better with that but it’s still not the greatest with it.

I've been trying to go to conventions to overcome my social difficulties but I am still having a lot of trouble with it. In my experience I find there are two different types of people with high functioning autism (or aspergers although apparently that diagnosis has fallen out of use for some reason), one type is very talkative sometimes to the point of being too open about things and not giving others enough opportunity to speak. The other type like myself is extremely quiet and has trouble not being closed off to others. It honestly makes me very depressed at times because my flaws here keep me from achieving goals that are important to myself and I don't know how I can fix myself.