Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Lightsabers

El Duderino

So recently (within the last year or two) I've found myself involved in the saber collecting community. I have some friends who also collect lightsabers, and there are forums dedicated to the hobby, but I was wondering if there is anyone here who also collects sabers. I kind of want some people to talk to about it.

If you are not aware, there are whole companies (the most popular being Ultrasabers and Saberforge) who produce collectible dueling lightsabers. These are for both collectible purposes, and for actual saber dueling. 

Are any of you guys interested in this hobby too?

My favorite company to get my sabers from are Ultrasabers. I like how affordable they are, and I actually like their slightly bulkier hilts because I am a tall person with long fingers. I currently have two stunt sabers (the Sentinel v4 in counselor green, and the Overlord in blazing red), but I have had experience using other sabers that my friends own. 

I am thinking about getting a couple more. I have my eye on the Bellicose and Prophesy from Ultrasabers. I've heard good things about those. I'm also looking at some of the apprentice tier sabers from Saberforge. Even though I don't like how those feel in my hand when I'm dueling or spinning, they all beautiful sabers.

• Brohoof 3

Ultra Sabers look really cool, the light it gives off is so close to the way the movies look. I've thought about it, but I'd have no where to put them all, I'd probably have to dedicate a room to the collection, cause  I go crazy when collecting. I'd probably collect the various guns you find in the Star Wars world, cause am pretty into guns.

• Brohoof 1

I really love the fancy collectible lightsabers out there, but I can't afford to keep up with the higher ticket items these days, even if they are reasonable for what they are. I have many lightsabers but they're all the old Kenner plastic ones (and one Rubio's Darth Maul double saber). Nothing fancy there, just nostalgic, and you can't really fight with them unless you want to get a lot of dents in the plastic that leave a permanent mark. Now the old inflatable lightsabers, those were cool and fun to bop people with (even though they didn't last long either).  :please:

• Brohoof 1

Those look really cool! I love Assaj Ventress' hilt design. It's one of my favorite, but they're not very common.

Yeah, Ventress is my favorite hilt design too. It's a good one handed grip and being curved makes it easy to swing.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

I created this economy Luke ANH off of a cheap Luke lightsaber I bought off eBay, and slowly rebuilt it. Bought the pieces I needed off eBay, and used other pieces that I had laying around the house. 

dhfKaq7.jpg

It's my proudest and most favorite replica lightsaber I own (I also own a Replica Vader ANH, and Anakin AotC and Anakin RotS), simply because for me it's the one that started it all. The first ever lightsaber I saw ignited on screen, back in 1997, and I fell in love with it right then and there. 

Edited by CT-1138
  • Brohoof 1

I created this economy Luke ANH off of a cheap Luke lightsaber I bought off eBay, and slowly rebuilt it. Bought the pieces I needed off eBay, and used other pieces that I had laying around the house. 

sig-4798581.dhfKaq7.jpg

It's my proudest and most favorite replica lightsaber I own (I also own a Replica Vader ANH, and Anakin AotC and Anakin RotS), simply because for me it's the one that started it all. The first ever lightsaber I saw ignited on screen, back in 1997, and I fell in love with it right then and there.

That's a beautiful lightsaber! You did a wonderful job with it. Personally my favorite saber from the movies is Luke's ROtJ green saber.

UPDATE: I just recently picked up the Ultrasabers Prophecy saber. It's a similar design to Anakin's AotC saber, but stripped down to be more comfortable for actual dueling

• 3 years later...

I like lightsabers, their colors, their battles and other use, but I am not into the hilt design. Probably because you cannot really see the details that well in the movies.

• Brohoof 1

I so wanting to collect the replica ones if it wasn't for the price. I want to have the chance to say

b4Pk9yv.gif?noredirect

For every saber I buy!

Maybe one day...

• Brohoof 1

• 3 years later...

I used to collect these as well. I'm not sure where they are now, but I know my Vader one is in the closet. I don't really have the budget to keep collecting them, but maybe if I win the lottery or something. :please: