Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What are you missing in your life?

zerox

I miss all my game consoles/games. My older brother moved out last year and took a lot of my games like my pre ordered copy of skyward sword with him leaving me with his n64,GameCube,ps2 and Dreamcast. Which most were broken or just damaged beyond repair. Only that does work is the ps2 and he left me with one game.

Edited by PrincessOfCompassion
  • Brohoof 4

• 1 year later...

I'm missing my step-granddad. He passed away in February. We were pretty close, so it's gonna be a little tough this Christmas without him.  :(

It's kinda why I was feeling a little down a few days ago, but a weekend trip to visit family helped a lot. 

• Brohoof 1

First cat (Past away in 1998), two of 4 kittens we had (Got new home), 2nd Cat (missing), beloved stray cat (pass away in 2016) and Cat, Thomas pass away in October 2018.

And having holidays.

And  T-Rex model in Shopping Centre in Leeds (England) and this: 29542003_10155800862609270_2022575191544 (No longer around)

• 1 year later...

I'm still missing a few items from my past, that I want to locate. But otherwise I am okay :Thorax:

On 1/18/2017 at 12:30 AM, AriaTheLovely said:

I miss all my game consoles/games. My older brother moved out last year and took a lot of my games like my pre ordered copy of skyward sword with him leaving me with his n64,GameCube,ps2 and Dreamcast. Which most were broken or just damaged beyond repair. Only that does work is the ps2 and he left me with one game.

It is not impossible to get those, however it is starting to get expensive, and difficult to setup if you don't have the rights cables and TV.

You should, while waiting for a brighter day, try emulation of these games and consoles! It can make your life better! Search for it on Google and you might find what you needed all along

22 minutes ago, Splashee® said:

I'm still missing a few items from my past, that I want to locate. But otherwise I am okay :Thorax:

It is not impossible to get those, however it is starting to get expensive, and difficult to setup if you don't have the rights cables and TV.

You should, while waiting for a brighter day, try emulation of these games and consoles! It can make your life better! Search for it on Google and you might find what you needed all along

It has gotten better over the last 3 years I did manage to get a wii (actually 2 lol ) and I did manage to nab a copy of skyward sword both from my local thrift store. Along with a few other titles that I just so happen to be looking for. Luckily enough it came with all the proper cables. As for using emulators I have pretty much used them since my early twenties so having no N64 or other older consoles is really no problem to me. But I am just happy to know both of my original copies OoT and MM still work.

A friend.

I feel like the one I had is not anymore because it started when he got a gf and now they are married and with family stuff, and that shouldn't be a problem but jealousy is a thing with his now wife and things just got very touchy and much more distant that I feel like that friendship we had is barely a faint line in the past. 

Always struggled with finding friendships.

I have everything I could want, except for my own house. I'd love to someday, but knowing what it takes to get there and with everything being stir-crazy, it hardly seems worth it now.

Still, thank God I'm not an overacheiver. If I was, then this would be a dangerous question, because if achieving everything I set out to do at the cost of my health means I'll never be complete, then why bother trying to answer it? Because something else will be missing tomorrow.

On 1/5/2017 at 10:35 PM, Thuja said:

As others have said, a significant other.

I'd also like to have a formal college/university education.

A good job...

*sigh*

To add to this, I think I just overall miss there being joy around me.  Like, laughter, happiness, I just miss love, could be platonic or romantic, whatever.  I miss having connection with people, bonding over some sort of shared interest.

Still, would be nice to have that formal education or a good job, I just want to do something I really enjoy but for now, I think I'll have to settle for some free courses because that's all I can afford for now.  Some days, I want to be a tailor, others, a therapist.  I just want to help people and make them feel comfortable in their own skin, whether it's from a good mind, or clothing made properly for their body.  I just want to make people feel happy with themselves but there's so much I want to do professionally.  idk, I think I'm just confusing myself more, maybe when I get to see my therapist again, I'll try to see if I could talk about this with him, get a different perspective on this?

A significant other.   I miss who I was the last time I had one.  Now I’ve kinda just accepted that I’ll be single forever, but I have those days where I really want one.  It’s just extremely hard to find someone else I could have a deep connection with because I’m kinda weird and you won’t know it until I feel very very very comfortable telling you how I think, and getting to that point at all is a feet in itself.  

I’m missing a sense of direction.  My lifelong dream was pretty much shot down, and that was like my last real accomplishment I wanted to strive for.  Now I don’t have it and any sense of direction I ever had is gone, and I don’t think it’s ever coming back.   I’ve just been riding on life and hoping something falls in my lap.  It probably won’t unless I search for it, but eh, whatever.

I’m missing a sense of belonging.   I don’t really think this world is for me.  I’ve really kinda always wanted to be something else and not be here.  I kinda just want to disappear. 

And I miss ponies!  Of course I still have em to go back on, and I have G5 to look forward to even though I don’t think it’ll be as good as G4.  It’s just I miss the time when it was still something new when I got into it in 2011, I miss when awesome fan content was being churned out like clockwork, the new episodes, etc.   Ponies will always be a part of my life, but man it’d be nice to go back and experience it again for the first time.