Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If you could live anywhere in the world and why

Lunar Echo

Hawaii. Warm, tropical and secluded away from the madness of the rest of the world. A paradise were I would never have to worry about what life meant or when things were going to happen. Just me, on my own surrounded by an expanse of ocean as far as the eye could see.

If it's not clear enough, I'm not the biggest fan of other people. The thought of isolation comforts me in many ways, particularly if I got to do it in the sun.

Edited by Rarity the Supreme
  • Brohoof 1

Happily, after bouncing all around the U.S. I've finally settled in the one place I truly call home: Southern California. To me, it's absolutely perfect and I could never feel completely happy anywhere else. I hear lots of complaints about it here, but the same complaints can be applied to just about anywhere that has a large population. The trick is to find the good and know how to avoid the bad. I've learned a lot of this stuff since I moved here, and there are trade-offs to be made. I can't go walking alone at night or go startgazing out in the open countryside, but I've been rewarded with an infinite menu of other things to do, places to go and people to see; things that can't be found anywhere else. I truly love it here and hope I never have to leave it. I've truly found my happy place. :love:  

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

I would actually love to live in Canada... I dont care where exactly just ...in Canada XD dont ask me why >.< its just a feeling I've had for a long time now

• Brohoof 1

I've always fancied the Netherlands. Maybe New Zealand, Switzerland, Ireland or Denmark even. Canada is a good choice since it is closer to me an I don't have to jump continents to get there. If I stayed in the US I would rather live up in the New England area.

• Brohoof 1

Canada probably. I don't mind the cold and the few times I've been there it was really nice, both in terms of people and overall atmosphere. Plus they don't tend to get quite as involved in international drama as, say, the EU, or US.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Pretty happy where I am right now but for the sake of answering, either Long Beach Island, NJ (not to be confused with Long Island New York) because I've been raised there half my life, it's on the beach, and very small town Americana. Or Texas because I spent a year there and it was one of the best states I've had the pleasure of visiting. In San Antonio, strangers on a bus stop bench were talking to each other like old friends.

International? Hell no! You couldn't pay me to abandon my beloved home country! Though if forced to, Brazil is my backup. I've been all around the world but Brazil was the first place I felt could make a home for me. Less of a destination and more, "yeah, I could stay here for a few years and be comfortable." Majority Catholic and there's a big sub-culture of the martial arts there. I'd find a communal and spiritual niche I could fit in.

To all of you non-American bronies who have expressed apprehension. We are not scary. We're the home to at least a handful of people from every nation on the face of the Earth for a reason. As is written upon the Statue of Liberty (made by the French, by the by):

“Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!” cries she
With silent lips. 'Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,"

When you immigrate, you are not asked to forget your identity, but to add your own spin to the mix. :)
Edited by Steel Accord
  • Brohoof 2

In the states, probably in the Seattle area. I like the terrain, the weather, the stuff you can do, and the fact that there's a lot of people there. There's not even 40,000 people in my area, and that's combining three cities in two states.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

Los Angeles for sure I was born there and I hope to go back once I'm done with all my studies.why? because I loved how all my family lived so close by 

and for the food and entertainment they offer there.

• Brohoof 1

On 1/5/2017 at 10:11 AM, Lunar Echo said:

So if you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?

tropical-beach-wallpaper.jpg

I feel that most people I come across in life all have a desired place to be. Some are actually perfectly happy where they are and others feel like they'd belong better else where. Have you ever felt like you were born into the wrong country? How do you view some other countries of which you perceive to be your perfection on Earth?

300px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png

The United States of America

People often get very surprised as to just how nice Americans really are. A huge part of America is starting to become non-cash based, as in you simply scan something with you card and it pays for it. Compared to most other countries, the American food appetite is huge, all food compared to other places is bigger.

255px-Flag_of_India.svg.png

India

Most people think of India and think about huge overpopulated slum dog millionaire like areas. But India has some magnificent bungalows with BMWs and Mercs parked in the crowded streets. India also has a surprisingly huge variety of vegetarian menu options, even at their mc donalds.

255px-Flag_of_Nigeria.svg.png

Nigeria 

It may not be the most popular destination for travel but it attracts A LOT of businesses from all over. They get a lot of leisure travellers who come for its booming economic benefits and spicy food obsession. The traffic is worse than London and Los Angeles.

Honestly if equestria existed somewhere or if I could go there realisticly I'd go there 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I actually would like the idea of living in a small village in Norway.

Norway's political climate isn't like an unusually rowdy Pre-K class with several classmates that are mentally retarded (It's that way in the US, and sorry if I offended the retarded), Norway as a place is also absolutely beautiful, and the people there (for the most part... They have bad apples like elsewhere, but can't be as bad as the US from personal experience) seem to be friendly enough looking at their happiness report (I could probably learn a lesson or two about being nice from them, probably!) Sure it's probably a good bit colder than I'm used to here in the meh place known as Texas

I also would be good with The Netherlands, Switzerland, or Denmark for similar reasons.

Edited by Nerdy Luigi
The reply was submitted by putting in a space for some odd reason...
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I'm fine living in the USA, been born and raised here, I aint never leaving! I'm fine living where I am in Florida, but I would love to live in the country in Georgia or maybe Kentucky or Tennessee, because I love the south, and Tennessee is just beautiful, I've been there on vacation so many times I fell in love with the hills and farmland, and really everything else about it. Moving back to Illinois wouldn't be too bad, I actually kinda miss it there, to be honest. 

Edited by Lucky Bolt
  • Brohoof 2

• 1 month later...
(edited)

I'm pretty happy here in the UK, but as the country begins to divide itself over issues such as Brexit or who's running the country I sometimes wish I could get away. The other anglophone countries are attractive to me because I don't speak any other languages, I like Canada the most out of those countries but I wouldn't mind living in the US, Australia or New Zealand much either. I'd quite like to live somewhere like the Netherlands or Denmark too, if I had to chose an non-English speaking country because they're close to the UK and have similar geography and culture.

Edited by Battenberg
  • Brohoof 1

When it comes to countries, I don't mind staying where I am at the moment, though it could potentially be better to move to a country that's more financially stable.l

I would love to live in Canada. Canada is a beautiful country with wonderful food and people. Living close to the U.S.-Canada border for most of my live, I've been to Canada multiple times and, over the years, noticed just how friendly and welcoming the Canadians are. :)

• Brohoof 3

If it was outside the USA:

• Dublin,  Ireland:   I'm part Irish and I love the history of that place with all the myths and folklore Ireland does have.
  • Scotland: Scottish and also the history and the land.

Mostly if its in the usa:

• Michigan:   I'm from the great lakes most my life and I plan on moving back.   
  • Salem:   Witch city of the world!
  • Brohoof 2

I would love to live in England. When I was there I fell in love with the culture, country, weather, and all of the people. Plus... the accents. OMG! :wub:

The climate is basically the same as where I live now in the U.S. but idk, there is just something about it, I just felt at home. I didn't want to leave. I would love to even just go back and visit, maybe one day. 

• Brohoof 1